S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Nuclear Snow

Morbus

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
There’s a new graphical modification of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. available for download. It’s called “Nuclear Snow” and looks very beautiful and atmospheric. Take a look at some screenshots:

<center>
</center><blockquote>Nuclear Snow is a graphical overhaul of Stalker, where the world mostly is black and white with strong contrasts whilst some objects, effects and blood is highlighted with color, making even more contrast between the edited graphics. The movie Sin City has been used as a reference, which should give you an idea of what to expect.</blockquote>Download: Nuclear Snow
Download: Nuclear Snow Torrent
Spotted at: RPG Codex

fallout ranger said:
Really quite nice and well-executed, original as well. I've never seen a mod that changes just the look of a game.
They are graphical overhauls, and are quite common actually... I'm surprised the concept is new for you.

reminds me of thief the dark project with that very limited pallette - or maybe even quake 1 -

a bit emo for my tastes still ...
its a nice touch - maybe a bit too much gamma and contrast
i like how a limited colour range (esp b&w) sometimes gives you a more photographic feel.

Doesn't look that different to what you can get playing with some cards preset shader settings, that apply to everything.

Not sure I'd want to play an entire game like that.

Looks excessive and not very playable. And I didn't like Sin City.
Besides, you'd miss out on some great looking sunsets.

Not to my taste

The best mod ive seen for it so far is the free play mod, which ive combined with the high textur sky and float 32 mod, nice.

Awesome, now only if the game would'nt crash when I, press ESC, save or load.

Only because I updated to 1.0004

Back