So I watched the first episode of the Fallout TV show.......

PsychoSniper

So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
Note: only seen the opening episode so far.

Not gona lie, I sat down expecting to hate it.
But my biggest gripe was T60 power armor cause T-51b is sexier.

Overall, a solid opening.
The segment in the vault was well done overall, it portrayed how people living in a vault could seem normal but..... off.
The vault experiment is probably hiding in plain sight for the viewer, I suspect it will tie into having another vault linked beside them and needing to trade members to avoid inbreeding, but they could easily throw a curveball with that one.

Also, the way they had the vault 32 impostors give subtle clues before the raid started was well done.

The brotherhod of steel segment was overall well done, while the airship and vertibirds may seem off a bit, it is post Fallout 4 and bethesda era elements are to be expected, plus we did see airships first used by them in Tactics, so it can more or less fit.

Also given their army roots, their using what was apparently once a military base also makes sense, and the guy beating off in his rack is realistic.

Im still expecting the other shoe to drop, so to speak, but Im oddly hopeful.

Don't be too hopeful. It's... not very good imo.
Also, a guy is beating off in the racks, but Durrnzel Washington later has no clue what sex is. Lol whacky.

Loved the first season.

Ella Purnell is a treasure.

Walter Goggins is fantastic.

Other guy is terrible, sorry.

Saw the whole thing and loved it. Am I a total Fallout fanboy and wanted this to succeed because of it? Yes. Not even going to bother denying it.

Was the brother of steel who got the razor in the boot a chick or a dude ?

Yes.

Also, the way they had the vault 32 impostors give subtle clues before the raid started was well done.
Eh, impostors didn't make any sense honestly. Why Geiger counter didn't tick when they first appear? It worked from the distance later. And this scene could be easly fixted if impostor and the girl were closer to each other and we were shown that imposters try to avoid contact or something before. First episode has many such little moments and they grow bigger and bigger with each episode. And I'm talking about only problems within the show itself, if we start to draw the lines to the games then show makes even less sense. Which is a shame, I think actors for the girl from the vault and the ghoul were good, liked the costumes and some of the background too.

How hard did you clap when the code was 101097?
I wonder if the Bethesda Fallout fans even got that reference given that's the release date of the first Fallout game, and we know they haven't played that because it has that yucky, "outdated" turn based combat.

I wonder if the Bethesda Fallout fans even got that reference given that's the release date of the first Fallout game, and we know they haven't played that because it has that yucky, "outdated" turn based combat.
They just see 101 and be happy about that.

Eh, impostors didn't make any sense honestly. Why Geiger counter didn't tick when they first appear? It worked from the distance later. And this scene could be easly fixted if impostor and the girl were closer to each other and we were shown that imposters try to avoid contact or something before. First episode has many such little moments and they grow bigger and bigger with each episode. And I'm talking about only problems within the show itself, if we start to draw the lines to the games then show makes even less sense. Which is a shame, I think actors for the girl from the vault and the ghoul were good, liked the costumes and some of the background too.

I assume she didn't have the geiger counter window open. :)

-It seems like a really good show if you're into the Bethesda fallouts. That girl has big anime eyes she sexy. That actor from Hateful 8 is awesome. I lasted half an episode. Can't really judge it- I don't like watching TV series.

Was the brother of steel who got the razor in the boot a chick or a dude ?
Maximus' friend, Dane, is played by ftm trans actress Xelia Mendes-Jones, and the character in show is referred to as "they/them", pretty ironic that she mutiliated herself with blade in boot to not go through hardships, fits their rеtаrdеd ideology pretty well. Also why would Brotherhood even allow this mutant in their ranks? And how would she even have the need to transition, if even Maximus' doesn't know how his diсk works?

I don't even understand why Moldaver, the supposed good guy in bad guy disguise, had to kill everyone, if they were after Overseer.

How hard did you clap when the code was 101097?
Bruh, I didn't even notice it, guess I'm a fake fan.

-It seems like a really good show if you're into the Bethesda fallouts. That girl has big anime eyes she sexy. That actor from Hateful 8 is awesome. I lasted half an episode. Can't really judge it- I don't like watching TV series.
The show is really good, but it has woke stuff and huge retcons, also sets and costumes look weird, why didn't they just copy Mad Max?

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't really notice any "woke" stuff to begin with. The writing was bad enough on its own.
Also, nice quadruple post.

I didn't really notice any "woke" stuff to begin with. The writing was bad enough on its own.
Also, nice quadruple post.
Lol, I accidentally combined all my 4 posts into one.
But anyway, the show is really woke, it has communist propaganda, yeah, I know It sounds crazy, but hear me out:
Moldaver, a black lesbian woman, who's the boss of raider group, which kiIIed innocent Vault dwellers in order to abduct the Overseer, who also has Vault 4's NCR survivors worshipping her like a goddess, is a communist(shown in flashbacks), and narratively she's portrayed as the good guy.
Now the Overseer, Hank, is a white straight man, who's kind, caring and even sacrifises himself in order to save the rest of Vault residents, is an employee of the Vault-Tec, and he for some reason nukes Shady Sands, and just has a complete reversal in his behaviour and suddenly becomes a bad guy.
The show even went further and retconned Communist China from dropping nukes, to Capitalist Vault-Tec starting the Great War.

So finished watching it, overall its pretty good.

Sure, lots of bethesda elements, but thats to be expected.

My bigest critique is the whole serum for ghouls to not go ferral, and how the brotherhod was often comedy relief, I mean sure this is probably the east coast BOS having returned, but youd think theyd have some better core competency left over.

Im actually looming foward to season 2, both new vegas and the Norm plot lines.

I really hope Norm gets to be more of a protsgonist in season 2.

So finished watching it, overall its pretty good.

Sure, lots of bethesda elements, but thats to be expected.

My bigest critique is the whole serum for ghouls to not go ferral, and how the brotherhod was often comedy relief, I mean sure this is probably the east coast BOS having returned, but youd think theyd have some better core competency left over.

Im actually looming foward to season 2, both new vegas and the Norm plot lines.

I really hope Norm gets to be more of a protsgonist in season 2.
he's straight white male, and every one of them were chuds in first season, except Cooper.

Note: only seen the opening episode so far.

Not gona lie, I sat down expecting to hate it.
But my biggest gripe was T60 power armor cause T-51b is sexier.

Overall, a solid opening....

Im still expecting the other shoe to drop, so to speak, but Im oddly hopeful.

I got to admit, I was as well. Having seen it through I have to admit my feelings are mixed at best, but I did like that a lot of the show returned to Vault-Tec prior to the Great War. But I suspect significant screw ups even there. I am puzzled by the Shady Sands problem and I am curious about FEV. I thought the Enclave was basically destroyed after Fallout 2. Canon problems galore, but there were things I liked about the show too.

Last edited:
Lol, I accidentally combined all my 4 posts into one.
But anyway, the show is really woke, it has communist propaganda, yeah, I know It sounds crazy, but hear me out:
Moldaver, a black lesbian woman, who's the boss of raider group, which kiIIed innocent Vault dwellers in order to abduct the Overseer, who also has Vault 4's NCR survivors worshipping her like a goddess, is a communist(shown in flashbacks), and narratively she's portrayed as the good guy.
Now the Overseer, Hank, is a white straight man, who's kind, caring and even sacrifises himself in order to save the rest of Vault residents, is an employee of the Vault-Tec, and he for some reason nukes Shady Sands, and just has a complete reversal in his behaviour and suddenly becomes a bad guy.
The show even went further and retconned Communist China from dropping nukes, to Capitalist Vault-Tec starting the Great War.

Christ this is such a miserable way to analyze media.

Back