The Age of Decadence has now been released

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Kilus, Oct 14, 2015.

1. Kilus

Kilus Not Australian Orderite

May 3, 2003
    The Age of Decadence is a pseudo-isometric turn based RPG devolved by indie studio Iron Tower Studio. Set in a post-apocalyptic world where instead of a nuclear armageddon the apocalypse is the collapse of a fictional analogue to the Roman Empire. The game features both challenging combat and detailed non-combat paths throughout specific quests as well as the whole game.

Iron Tower Studio has set out to create an interesting game which is not for everyone. Here are the developer's own words of what their intentions are for this game:

The key design points are difficult combat, multiple paths through quests and the game, choices & consequences and fully developed non-combat paths. There is a great degree of variation between playthroughs with the game having 7 backgrounds that affect what quests a character can access and their standing with certain characters and factions as well as in game choices cutting off certain paths. There is a demo on Steam if you want to try out the game.

<center></center>

The game is available on Steam and GOG.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/230070/
    http://www.gog.com/game/the_age_of_decadence

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016
    • [Like] [Like] x 7
  2. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Now all you lazy folks buy it, so I can play the Iron Tower generation ship game idea thing that was talked about already in the past.

PS: There's also some tiny bits of 3d model stuff from me in that game. So if not for Iron Tower, then buy it to witness my shit. :dance:

• [Like] [Like] x 5
  3. Goral

Goral It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 5, 2008
    Yup, this game is the best thing since Fallout 1 so buy it people and become a part of a history event in game industry. Regardless how well it will sell Age of Decadence will become one of the legendary classic games (among Fallout 1 and Fallout 2, Arcanum, Planescape Torment, Betrayal at Krondor, Wasteland and Vampire The Masquarade Bloodlines).

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  4. Filterfi

Filterfi First time out of the vault

Jun 17, 2015
    Does it comes with/will the devs ever release some kind of mod toolikit?

5. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    Holy shit, I can run it on my prehistorical machine according to minimal hardware requirements listed at GoG. Thank you, Iron Tower Studios, gonna get it ASAP!

6. joevonzombie

joevonzombie Buried alive in Golgotha

Sep 28, 2015
    This looks fucking rad.

7. Elhoim

Elhoim It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jun 3, 2008
    And I love them. Wolf helmet FTW!

8. Dr Fallout

Dr Fallout Centurion

Aug 17, 2015
    Looks good! I'll give it a try!

9. Beaushizzle

Beaushizzle Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Aug 3, 2015
    Anyone have videos of combat? It looks really cool, but I want to see some in-game combat, too. I looked at some let's plays but they all end around that guy that isn't supposed to make it to wherever he's going.

10. Richwizard

Richwizard So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Orderite

Jan 18, 2010
    I used to be a D&D junkie. I've been watching this game and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

11. DarkCorp

DarkCorp Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Oct 27, 2003
    Got muh copy, too bad they don't think it will sell enough to warrant a physical copy.

12. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Bo Son oTO Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    Probably more like they didn't have the money to do that.

13. sea

sea Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 5, 2009
    Congrats to ITS on their release, it's been a long time in the making.

• [Like] [Like] x 3
  14. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Sure has. I remember them dropping the demo here some time back. I can't wait to see how it looks now. Too bad I have too many games to play first. RPG's take a big investment.

15. AskWazzup

AskWazzup Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 21, 2008
    Holy fuck, this has been developed for ages and it still came out. Good job, it's a shame though that they don't have a linux version, so i will pass.

16. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Why don't you run a dual partition?

17. AskWazzup

AskWazzup Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 21, 2008
    I don't like windows for various reasons, so i refuse to use it (haven't used it for over 2 years). And even if i did, i don't have a copy of it and would not shell out money for an operating system, when i can get a better one for free.

18. Beaushizzle

Beaushizzle Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Aug 3, 2015
    Okay. Cool. Not getting it then, as question was totally ignored.

19. TorontoReign

Apr 1, 2005
    Use Google dumbass.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  20. Akratus

Akratus Bleep bloop.

May 14, 2011

• [Like] [Like] x 1