The Complete Fallout 1 & 2 Artwork

Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but I had plan on using these for my fallout PnP campaign and I was wondering if there was any way of removing the black blackground.

To remove background one could use a library called ImageMagick. if you download it, add it to the PATH environment variable, open new console and for test run "convert", system should be able to find it. Then you could use the script I've used to remove black color from all critters:

Code:
### Converts BMP files into PNG with transparency ###
# (Using external super-lib called ImageMagick binaries) Adds trasparency to bmp files, but unfortunately loses filenames
convert *.bmp 1.png
convert *.png -transparent #0b000b a.png

Thanks for making this. Helps greatly with making some 3d conversion fan art.

Question: What tile or tiles are used for the background rock underground(example below). I can't seem to find it anywhere in the package?

080e09ddfc67f51bf8fb7841e2d0bdd20bd57b27_large.jpg

Does this exist in some text/html form? Need to get all door pids, and some other scenery stuff.

I'm gonna be the next person to open this old thread, I don't really understand how to use imagemagick. I've figured out how to get it to the path and use the console, but from there I have no idea how to remove the transparency with the code that ravelles is talking about. Its not able to find the images that i want to convert

C:\Users\ryanw>magick convert Scenery-001_PID -transparent #0b000b Scenery-001_PID
convert: unable to open image 'Scenery-001_PID': No such file or directory @ error/blob.c/OpenBlob/3537.
convert: no decode delegate for this image format `' @ error/constitute.c/ReadImage/572.
convert: no images defined `Scenery-001_PID' @ error/convert.c/ConvertImageCommand/3322.

these are my error messages if anyone can help me I would be so appreciative

as a Xilennial to Zoomer here's a quick guide on using cmd.exe

use:
X:\<path to your program here>\<Name of the program>.exe <program commands> Y:\<path to your file to work on> <name of your new file> <enter>

assuming X: is the drive letter of partition you have your program on, and Y: is the drive letter of partition you have your file on.

if you still aren't sure on how to exactly do it try:
X:<path to your program>\<name of your program>.exe /?

the "/?" command is an international, system independant command, for getting information on how to use a command or program ( if it has built in info about itself ).

as a Xilennial to Zoomer here's a quick guide on using cmd.exe

use:
X:\<path to your program here>\<Name of the program>.exe <program commands> Y:\<path to your file to work on> <name of your new file> <enter>

assuming X: is the drive letter of partition you have your program on, and Y: is the drive letter of partition you have your file on.

if you still aren't sure on how to exactly do it try:
X:<path to your program>\<name of your program>.exe /?

the "/?" command is an international, system independant command, for getting information on how to use a command or program ( if it has built in info about itself ).

I'm still not sure what all that means exactly
C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.11-Q16-HDRI\images is this the path to my file?

I'm still not sure what all that means exactly
C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.11-Q16-HDRI\images is this the path to my file?

sorry for the delay.

this is the path to the program youre using:
C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.11-Q16-HDRI\<program name>.exe

You need to know how the program executable you're using is named. You type it in place of "<program name>" and followed by ".exe" both without quotes and brackets but with a dot inbetween <your program/s name> and <exe>

next you type program command that you want to give to the program. to list the commands available you usually start with command "/?" without quotes, after .exe followed by a space. hence:
"C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.11-Q16-HDRI\<program name>.exe /?"

if the program has built in help ( stuff for fallout usually does ) it will inform you further of command structure/what You need to write for the command to work.

if You fammilarize yourself with command structure you can write the whole stuff agin with proper command structure this time.

Path to your file is always nessecary if the file you work on is in a different folder than the program you work with.

However if files you're working on are placed in your program's directory it might not be nessecary to give full path to file (sometimes *depending on the program you use* it is *nessecary* to place the files you work on in Your program's directory (but it's not always the case [as I said depends on the program] ).

sorry for the delay.

this is the path to the program youre using:
C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.11-Q16-HDRI\<program name>.exe

You need to know how the program executable you're using is named. You type it in place of "<program name>" and followed by ".exe" both without quotes and brackets but with a dot inbetween <your program/s name> and <exe>

next you type program command that you want to give to the program. to list the commands available you usually start with command "/?" without quotes, after .exe followed by a space. hence:
"C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.11-Q16-HDRI\<program name>.exe /?"

if the program has built in help ( stuff for fallout usually does ) it will inform you further of command structure/what You need to write for the command to work.

if You fammilarize yourself with command structure you can write the whole stuff agin with proper command structure this time.

Path to your file is always nessecary if the file you work on is in a different folder than the program you work with.

However if files you're working on are placed in your program's directory it might not be nessecary to give full path to file (sometimes *depending on the program you use* it is *nessecary* to place the files you work on in Your program's directory (but it's not always the case [as I said depends on the program] ).

thank you for taking the time to explain this to me, I'm not very good at this so I appreciate the help. I'll keep trying to make it work

Hi,
I'm curious to know what dimensions the floor tiles in real life units have.
I think they are 2x2 meters but I don't really think that's right

give this man an mvp award or something

One question though, many of these files (if not all?) are GIFs, are they supposed to include any animation?

For the critters for example?

Back