The Pitt DLC released, only not

Brother None

This ghoul has seen it all
Orderite
Fallout 3's second DLC, the Pitt, is available via Microsoft Live. It was also available for the Xbox 360, but that version turned out to be completely unplayable (hard crashing when entering the town), forcing Bethesda to pull it, citing a corrupt file as a likely cause. If that's the case it should be back soon enough.

Thanks Ausir.

There also appear to be PC users who have problems with The Pitt, glitches and the game crashing at certain segments.

mvc010f.jpg

Attack of the giant white-on-red evil exclamation points of darkness!

I'm sure this is something the modding community can figure out. Why should Bethesda be responsible for fixing it?

By the way, surprisinly, there actually is some moral ambiguity in The Pitt, not just good slaves vs. evil slavers.

Well they might actually be forced to, seeing the number of angry people who have downloaded it and now demand a refund.

well, if it's corruption, then Mickeysoft is to blame really.

i doubt that even the worst possible QA Beth could do would let this slip past. ;)

what boggles my mind is that Mickeysoft released this on their platform without first trying the download from the 'live' production environment. i'd say that might be somewhat worthwhile to test before releasing to the general public.

Mircosoft run a pretty intense certification process so the corruption must of happened after that. If the fixed file has to run through certification again it might take more than a week.

Hm, don't know if I buy "corrupt file", seems like them trying to shift the blame. From what I've read, it sounds more like Bethesda sent an unfinished revision of the mod file off to be published. The DLC is just a single container file that resides in the data directory, usually. If that's corrupted, the mod wouldn't even load in most cases.

You get those kinds of errors when working on a complex mod all the time, it's usually it's down to human error and having assets needed in a mod, residing in another mod file. Load one without the dependency and you get them lovely exclamation marks and inevitable crashes.

The big secret is that they are making it a rogue like. Welcome to fallout "Nethack" 3. :mrgreen:

Cheers, Snow

The Dutch Ghost said:
Well they might actually be forced to, seeing the number of angry people who have downloaded it and now demand a refund.

Refund?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGMoalQ9A18[/youtube]

Hey let's not be too hasty here. I think Bethesda deserves the benfit of the doubt, after all, when have they ever failed to deliver before?

Would like the full list or just the general bullet points?

Well at least PC players can sorta play it if they download it twice and move the files around a bit.

Cimmerian Nights said:
Hey let's not be too hasty here. I think Bethesda deserves the benefit of the doubt, after all, when have they ever failed to deliver before?

Is that a trick question?

Back