Underrail Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Black Angel, May 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    So, there was another Underrail thread here, but it was more of a discussion on builds and on how to get started. I don't want to necro it, and with the new update I guess I want to make a new discussion about the game, and also to liven up things in NMA. Although I personally posted this thread because I've got some question, I made it to be more of a general Underrail discussion. If the mods/admins feel this thread is redundant and have to be merged to that other thread anyway, feel free to do so.

So, I want to ask you guys, did any of you know how to trigger Dan Forte's dialogue about Gorsky? I've already post a question to a relevant thread in Underrail's forum, but up until now no one answered it :( I don't know, perhaps the new update messed up or what, but I've re-do the Foundry's questline like 5-6 times now, with no apparent way to trigger the dialogue with Dan about Gorsky and vice versa.

2. rogerdv

rogerdv First time out of the vault

Dec 18, 2007
    I have the same problem. I triggered it in version 0.13, but didnt in release version.

3. Proletären

Proletären Mildly Dipped

Mar 15, 2012
    The expansion Underrail: Expedition is out on Steam and GoG!

4. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016
    I have got to get back to Underrail. It is still in my backlog.

5. Hulk'O'Saurus

Hulk'O'Saurus Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 10, 2018
    I never had any problems with that one in particular. I think Gorsky leaves for Core City, then you can go speak with Dan. I don't remember how I was choosing the options, but when I was exhausting the conversation the story always comes up. Then you can go speak with Gorsky about Dan, as well.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. CerberusGate

CerberusGate I should save my game in a whole new slot

Jun 6, 2016

Per suggestion and also to rouse the thread, here's a vid on Underrail's expansion by Sseth.

I feel like I should restart my campaign seeing as I lost track of my in-game goals.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  7. Eshanas

Eshanas Mildly Dipped

Jul 6, 2016
    I lost my save it seems and I was already in the Deep Caverns and maxed out. Fucccccckkkkk- I might get the expansion and do a Free Drones [sic] run this time around with a proper build I guess if I can't recover it.

8. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    So I just survived my first native attack with my pacifist character keeping all Aegis troopers alive (around 12 restarts).

As I've read attacks get harder and harder, but I've seen some ways to prevent them:
    -getting naval mines- some posts indicate that they completely eliminate attacks, while others that they merely "kill" some natives before the attack

-genociding the natives- again, it's not consistent. Some mention attacks stopping after killing everyone, others mention killing only warriors and one killing only named chieftains/ shamans.

Does anyone know how this works exactly?
    I'd like to go with the option that requires the least amount of killing/ is the safest for expedition.

9. PlanHex

PlanHex Useless layabout oTO Moderator Orderite

Nov 4, 2007
    I'm not sure, but probably killing their chieftain Magnar or whatever could be enough.

I just went full Sneering Imperialist and killed all of them though.

10. Hulk'O'Saurus

Hulk'O'Saurus Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 10, 2018
    I am more of a pirate kinda guy - I really like them. Also Katya is one of the best shops to have, so definitely value going rogue there.

I did keep Aegis alive the first time I beat Expedition and it wasn't that special. There is some interesting lore you get by doing that. Siding with the pirates - especially after the professor gets kidnapped, is going to give you another good chunk of lore you wouldn't be able to get otherwise.