Wasteland 2 Kickstarter hits $700,000, new video coming

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by WorstUsernameEver, Mar 14, 2012.

1. WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver But best title ever!

May 28, 2010
  2. 13pm

13pm Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Apr 10, 2007
    That's great. I absolutely loved their trolling on publishers and today's game design principles.

3. TwinkieGorilla

TwinkieGorilla This ghoul has seen it all

Oct 19, 2007
    Yep. It was exactly the sort of thing you know the dudes from Obsidian and elsewhere have been holding their tongues about for ages. Nice to see somebody actually come out and call bullshit on the industry and the brain-dead audience their methods have created.

4. Goral

Goral It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 5, 2008
    Superb :). I can't wait to watch it, this is better than Game of Thrones ;P.

5. kylix999

kylix999 First time out of the vault

Mar 9, 2006
    mayb when i will wake up tomorrow they will have 900k already :D

6. Guiltyofbeingtrite

Guiltyofbeingtrite Vault Dweller

Oct 13, 2008
    He's also calling out publishers for not supporting the kickstart. The least Zenimax could do is toss a couple hundred in the pot, how much did they make off of Fallout 3?

7. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Well, Zenimax cannot simply throw in firm money. If at all, the bosses could give private money, not more than that.

8. Goral

May 5, 2008
    Knowing f**kers from Zenimax they will try to sue Brian Fargo for mentioning he had something to do with Fallout.

9. Bewitched

Bewitched aka Vault_13

Jun 13, 2006
    That would be nice :).

10. Ausir

Ausir Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 20, 2003
    Bethesda's Jason Bergman did contribute.

11. WorstUsernameEver

May 28, 2010
    They're not dumb enough to do something that would damage their reputation and fail at obtaining anything. I understand not liking the company, but they're certainly not this dumb nor this malicious.

12. kylix999

kylix999 First time out of the vault

Mar 9, 2006
    Fargo made Hunted for Zenimax so they are friends, also Zenimax go everything that is releated with fallout from Interplay.

If Fargo will not mention even a word about fallout in game he is clean, they can't sue company because is making post apocaliptic game

13. Goral

May 5, 2008
    Yeah, you mean like they weren't that malicious as to sue Notch for using "Scrolls" as their game title?

14. WorstUsernameEver

May 28, 2010
    They needed to. Like, the US law literally obligated them. This is a detail that gets overlooked, but it's not like they could *not* sue Mojang for that.

15. LinkPain

LinkPain Mildly Dipped

Jan 18, 2011
    Can't wait to see the new video.

I had some worries, but they were gone the moment it got above 500.000 dollars in such a short time.

16. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Shoot me again. I ain't dead yet. Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    Yeah, I want the new video right now. I can't wait any longer. I want to know more about the game.

17. csirifiszkio

csirifiszkio First time out of the vault

Jan 12, 2008
    omg guys this is just beautyful... i think it`s a great success and opens new ways

18. Sarla

Sarla First time out of the vault

Jan 14, 2008
    I have never been this excited about a game ever !

19. Sub-Human

Sub-Human -

May 31, 2011
    This is so awesome! I'll be honest, I watched that promo video for Kickstarter twice, because of the way it was set out and all.

I'm going to sleep once again. I can bet that by the time I get to my computer tomorrow, it will gain the 900 thousand.

20. mobucks

mobucks woof Orderite

May 22, 2010
    Hope this shows publishers there is a definate market for old school. Maybe it will be the latest craze and two years from now we will all be complaining about the market being inundated with deep old school CRPGs while we pine for the days of good old FPS goneby. :wink: