What happened to the Olympus 2207 english translation?

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Graylandertagger, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Graylandertagger

Graylandertagger First time out of the vault

Aug 30, 2011
    Hi. I just recently took a glance at a Russian mod that was developed over 5 years ago, but for whatever reason the english version must have been canceled. I'm curious as to what happened.

2. ironmask

ironmask Mildly Dipped

Mar 10, 2018
    Everyone got tired and quit. You can still help with the translation if you can.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. Golbolco

Golbolco It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 12, 2015
    Do these translation projects have some Github page or other database that people can use to contribute to?

4. Graylandertagger

Aug 30, 2011
    Such a shame. Do you know who translated Fallout of Nevada? Maybe I could send it their way and see what their two cents are on it. As for me, I wish I could help, but I don't know Russian. It's a shame because the mod looks great.

5. Graylandertagger

Aug 30, 2011
    Sorry to bump this. It's just that it's been awhile since this thread has been updated(otherwise I would have edited the last post). That in mind, I managed to get in touch with the developers of Olympus 2207 via e-mail and their translater. He managed to give me the files of what he translated so far. Anyone know where on Github I can upload it to? I'm not familiar with that site. Thanks.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/bp7z4r8i9p465nn/For_translation_from_Artem.rar/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/sfkaxh062bdwv1v/For_translation_from_Artem_%281%29.rar/file

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. burn

burn A Smooth-Skin
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    After you register on github, you create your own repo, and upload the files there.
    (Also, you can check out my signature for various translation projects)

7. Graylandertagger

Aug 30, 2011
    Thanks. I'll do that when I get the chance. I hope the mod's creators don't mind so i'm going to put a disclaimer on how I obtained them. I'll let you know when i've uploaded them if your interested by any chance. It's OK if not.

Update:I've uploaded the files. The Github page is here:
    https://github.com/undeadmerc3/Olympus-2207-English-translation

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  8. Argentinian Ghoul

Argentinian Ghoul First time out of the vault

Oct 2, 2019
  9. Weyland

Weyland First time out of the vault

Apr 21, 2020
    As I know there won't be translation from mod creators, I got contact to current team leader, but no response from April.

10. Argentinian Ghoul

Oct 2, 2019
    Too bad, it's a shame that I can only speak Spanish if I wouldn't help translate it. (google translator).

11. Weyland

Apr 21, 2020
    Heh, I'm using yandex translator + deepl + google translator to translate it to polish, of course with corrections and etc.

12. yuz

yuz First time out of the vault

Nov 8, 2020
    Hi could you do this but to English?

13. Weyland

Apr 21, 2020
    Unfortunately, english isn't my native language and it's not as good as should be to do this. I can translate files to english but without corrections, or I can show you how to do this.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  14. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Oct 28, 2009
    @Weyland
    Ok..
    I'm planning to Join 'Fo:Sonora' English translation team somwhere in december cough *prolly* cough, well at least after I manage to iron out some things with Fallout Et Tu by playing F1 versions that existed *before* FIXT (as close to vanilla as possible). Your translation techniques could proove usefull. While I'm not afraid of my english skill level, I worry a bit about my Russian language skills. Since the game bases a lot on Russian slang (so called Padonkaffsky jargon) which I lack knowledge on, i might check how your technique would do in an English translation.

I'll send you an PM we'll discuss it there

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  15. Argentinian Ghoul

Oct 2, 2019
    With those programs I could try to translate it into Spanish? (google translator)

16. Weyland

Apr 21, 2020
    Yep, all of them should translate from russian to spanish.

17. Graylandertagger

Aug 30, 2011
    Just out of curiosity are you the guy I contacted back in April this you about posting on the translation? If so, it's good to see you on the forums. It's nice to see a new Russian modder on here.

18. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Oct 28, 2009
    Thinking Weyland is Russian based on a fact that he knows how to 'get around' stuff, and that His English ain't super-perfect, is like thinking everyone overfed with vodka with insufficient non top-shape English language skills must be a Russian.
    Relax getting around stuff and overfeeding on vodka are general Slavic traits typical to any slavic country not 'Russian only', besides that, huge portion of classic Fallout fans come from ex-Soviet republics as well as from Russia, that post apo vibe with broken down old factories and sort of stepps with a lot of sand, that Fallout fans so much aproove was a playground for teenagers of that time in ex-Soviet republic countries as well as in Russia, many Fallout modders come from ex-Soviet republics as well.

19. mad83

mad83 First time out of the vault

Nov 26, 2016

Hi,

is it possible to use this translation in the game?
    If yes, could you please tell to which location files must be putted?

I'd like to start this game even if translation is not perfect.

20. Graylandertagger

Aug 30, 2011
    In all honesty I wouldn't be the one to ask since the translation files aren't mine. I really asked the developer if he could share the translation files by any chance for me to post here to ask if anyone would be interested in translating it(seeing how it looked like a promising mod) and he agreed. As for me I wish I could help, but i'm actually not known to speak Russian well. Sorry.