What Pisses You Off?

Fallout 3's Raiders...in fact, Bethesda's take on Raiders in general, but 3's voices grate on me the most.

Actually, Bethesda's take on a lot of stuff.

It's the same problem you see again and again with this company, they treat raiders like some kind of fantasy race where every group shares the exact same customs and is united in their war on 'civilized' people.

That kind of shit might fly on Middle Earth, but in science fiction, it only demonstrates the developers' extremely poor understanding of actual human sociology. New Vegas handled this much better by including different 'raider' cultures like the Fiends and the Powder Gangers who each had their own motivations.

Everything in Fallout 4. Bethesda and Disney should get together and find a franchise that is well loved and buy it and then ruin it with their pandering, greed and pretentiousness.

In Fallout 3 it was talking with NPC's like Amata and Dr Li and playing Mothershit Zeta. Fuck that DLC.

Everything in Fallout 4. Bethesda and Disney should get together and find a franchise that is well loved and buy it and then ruin it with their pandering, greed and pretentiousness.
Fallout the movie series. Owned by Bethesda and made by Disney Studios.
DisneyVaultBoy.jpg

Fallout the movie series. Owned by Bethesda and made by Disney Studios.
DisneyVaultBoy.jpg
Directed by Rian Johnson and produced by Kathleen Kennedy. "Do you love a certain lore in Fallout? Well fuck you! We are doing things our way! Fuck the fans and the lore! We are making art that speaks to the politics of our time!"

Fallout 4 being a cash-cow rather than a RPG.

Todd Howard writing off just about every thoughtful design decision that Josh Sawyer made in his game's direct predecessor.

Zenimax using a franchise that started with anti-violence undertones to glorify nuclear war for profit.

Bethesda knowingly exploiting fans' good faith in the Fallout brand to deliver quality downloadable content by offering a prepaid season pass, then running off with everyone's money while stealing mods and reinstating cut content.

Bethesda and Disney should get together and find a franchise that is well loved and buy it and then ruin it with their pandering, greed and pretentiousness.

Don't give them any ideas. They're pathetic enough to use them.

Don't give them any ideas. They're pathetic enough to use them.
Interestingly enough... Several times I posted on their forums that they should contract Jones Soda to do the Nuka~Colas as a real soda pop. I also posted (before and after FO3 shipped) that they should implement the Power Armor as a cash sink bipedal Vehicle; (with visible HUD).

Several of us mentioned to name the CK editor the GECK; Gstaff swears it was always the plan.
(Admittedly that's plausible.)

Want to see something really funny?
I posted this in 2007; remind you a bit of Point Lookout?

Last edited:
Interestingly enough... Several times I posted on their forums that they should contract Jones Soda to do the Nuka~Colas as a real soda pop. I also posted (before and after FO3 shipped) that they should implement the Power Armor as a cash sink bipedal Vehicle; (with visible HUD).

Several of us mentioned to name the CK editor the GECK; Gstaff swears it was always the plan.
(Admittedly that's plausible.)

Want to see something really funny?
I posted this in 2007; remind you a bit of Point Lookout?

Just so I understand this correctly Gizmo, you're claiming sole credit for the following ideas:

1. A licensed soda based on a property featuring a prominent fictional soda, made by a company well known for making licensed sodas.

2. An accurate depiction of an in-game item in one of its own official sequels.

3. Naming a relevant software tool after something that shares half of its letters.

4. Using redneck stereotypes in a Fallout game.

Noted.

Only that I never read anyone else's posts about it. Not being part of Bethesda, who can know what they derived their ideas from; it's standard practice to only accept suggestions via the public forum—for the precise reason of not being able to claim credit.

I have no idea what they read, but I can say that their mods paid a hell of a lot of attention to me... and not in a good way. Gstaff told me that I had enough warns to get banned thrice.
(This was true, but I never understood the justification for any of them. The mods seemed irritated that I was polite and didn't break the rules... I just had unpopular viewpoints, and it was enough to get report after report after report from disgruntled members.)

**I was once given a warning preemptively, because the moderator believed that other members might get a warning for arguing with me.

I got another warning for quoting a line from 1984; because the moderator hadn't read the book, and assumed I was verbally giving the British devil horns (bird flip)... but then she was a bit nuts; and she also formally forbid me from typing rhetorical questions.

I was warned for referring to obnoxious kids as little tykes (who might not get some of the jokes in Fallout)—because they might not like being referred to as that... on a forum that officially forbids them read access because of their age.

I believe that they may have read everything I typed (looking for any excuse).

Perks every level in FO3. The cheapening and diminishing of them to allow for it.

Last edited:
Back