What Pisses You Off?

That moment I shoot something in the head a gazillion times and then it one shots me. Ofcourse, I'm too low level for whatever it is I'm trying to kill, but I'll kill this critter, even if it's the last thing I do. Time to shoot up on all the drugs I've been stocking up, loading the best ammo, exploiting everything there is to exploit, but this thing will die.

Also, Manny Vargas.

It's the same problem you see again and again with this company, they treat raiders like some kind of fantasy race where every group shares the exact same customs and is united in their war on 'civilized' people.

That kind of shit might fly on Middle Earth, but in science fiction, it only demonstrates the developers' extremely poor understanding of actual human sociology. New Vegas handled this much better by including different 'raider' cultures like the Fiends and the Powder Gangers who each had their own motivations.

I imagine that it was due to time constraints, but it annoys me a little that you can't talk to and befriend the Fiends, the Vipers or the Jackals in New Vegas. In Van Buren, the Jackals and Vipers were supposed to have a backstory that connected to Ceasars Legion, but we just have hints to their culture in NV. Still so much better than Bethy Fallouts though.

I imagine that it was due to time constraints, but it annoys me a little that you can't talk to and befriend the Fiends, the Vipers or the Jackals in New Vegas. In Van Buren, the Jackals and Vipers were supposed to have a backstory that connected to Ceasars Legion, but we just have hints to their culture in NV. Still so much better than Bethy Fallouts though.

I secretly kind of like the fact that New Vegas's development cycle was criminally cut short only because now looking back we can just blame every problem the game has on 'Zenimax' and 'time constraints'.

I secretly kind of like the fact that New Vegas's development cycle was criminally cut short only because now looking back we can just blame every problem the game has on 'Zenimax' and 'time constraints'.

Don't worry, I also blame the problems I have with New Vegas on the crap it inherited from Fallout 3 (running ghouls git fucked)

Great Khan fans. They act like the Khans are innocent victims that the NCR attacked for no reason. Ignoring the fact you can talk to Papa Khan and Oscar Velasco and hear them brag about raiding NCR caravans and settlements.

Great Khan fans. They act like the Khans are innocent victims that the NCR attacked for no reason. Ignoring the fact you can talk to Papa Khan and Oscar Velasco and hear them brag about raiding NCR caravans and settlements.

Was that before or after Bitter Springs though?

Was that before or after Bitter Springs though?

Before

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/VRRCPapaKhan.txt

Papa Khan: When the NCR came to the Mojave, we thought they would be easy pickings. We raided their caravans, their towns, their camps - they couldn't stop us.
At least, that's what we thought. They tracked us to Bitter Springs and surrounded us.
When our children, our sick and old, fled through a nearby pass, the NCR gunned them down.

Before

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/VRRCPapaKhan.txt

Papa Khan: When the NCR came to the Mojave, we thought they would be easy pickings. We raided their caravans, their towns, their camps - they couldn't stop us.
At least, that's what we thought. They tracked us to Bitter Springs and surrounded us.
When our children, our sick and old, fled through a nearby pass, the NCR gunned them down.

Bastards.

1. Fallout 1 being too short.
2. Long weapon holstering animation each time you open a locker in F1/2.
3. Useless skills, perks and traits in F1/2. Gifted trait overpowered.
3. F3 writing and quests. Little impact of SPECIAL stats. Watered down PA - not as powerful as it used to be. Apparel granting stats bonuses.
4. Energy weapons available too early. Glitches. Legion faction seems cartonish. I know it was included in Van Buren design plot, but is feels out of place - just like The Machinist in F3.

Last edited:
General fanboyism really makes one enjoy a franchise a little less, but overall:

F1: Really I guess it was a little short but I didn't really think anything was worthy of being angry over
F2: For the love of god the references every 5 seconds really started to annoy. I almost had to stop wearing Advanced Power armor because I was sick of being called a stormtrooper by every other generic npc.
F3: Gameplay mechanics were lacking, I didn't mind it being 3d and being a shooter, but it should have had better mechanics for it. Some of the quests also felt really random and not very satisfying.
FNV: The Legion, despite reasonable arguments that CAN be made, really are just a bunch of larpers that really won't make the wasteland a better place. And the overall ending quest feels really samey unless you are siding with the Legion.
F4: They bring up plenty of morally gray questions that you CAN put plenty of thought into whether you think various topics but they really don't do much with them within the game itself. Also 3/4 of the ending quests feel samey, unless you side with the Institute.

Back