Which movie did you recognize in the game?

taag

Still Mildly Glowing
Every so little, I recognize that some movies played major part for some games, especially in the art department (world setting, the feeling it gives across).
I'm not saying that this is true, but I can't shake the feeling that I am right even a little. So, at the top of my head, here are some games I can connect to movies.
If you have any of yours add them as well. (Don't add those with direct connection such as KOTOR - Star Wars series)

• Game - Movie
    Daggerfall - The Sword and the Sorcerer
    Fable - The Company of Wolves
    Fallout - Mad Max 2
    Carmageddon - Death Race 2000

Aliens in every fucking shooter, horror game, sci-fi game or RTS.

If it isn't the xenomorph itself appearing in some derivative form it'll be soldiers behaving exactly as the marines in the film, spewing lines from the film, or units in RTS games being borrowed directly from the movies.

Eyenixon said:
If it isn't the xenomorph itself appearing in some derivative form it'll be soldiers behaving exactly as the marines in the film, spewing lines from the film, or units in RTS games being borrowed directly from the movies.

I agree. The xenomorph, yes well... it seems that with every advancement in game technology, the hostile aliens are moving faster and faster for no apparent reason.

stalker-obvious reasons, became inspiration for the game S.T.A.L.K.E.R, paticularly the use of the zone, some philosophical elements, hell even the protoganist looks similiar to the one in the movie.
blade runner- I see a similarity in it's themes compared to ones used in a lot of games rooted in science fiction, it's art style and use of noir(although that in itself, is homage to paticular archetypes used in fiction)

I agree about aliens. which in turn in a way copied a bit of starship troopers(not storywise, as aliens is not as satirical in subject as that book)

Kane and Lynch obviously borrows from movies like Collateral and Heat, the street shoot out and nightclub missions coming to mind in particular.

Stating the obvious: GTA Vice City = Scarface.
Mafia obviously borrowed a lot from Goodfellas and The Godfather.

Back