Why are battles so small?

The CE FO4 uses is a hybrid between several ID Tech parts and the CE of Skyrim.

Are the ID Tech engine and CE/Gamebryo really that similar ? Sorry I'm not really well informed on the subject... Do you have any source ?

The CE FO4 uses is a hybrid between several ID Tech parts and the CE of Skyrim.

Are the ID Tech engine and CE/Gamebryo really that similar ? Sorry I'm not really well informed on the subject... Do you have any source ?

No, they only used the combat related things. ID can't really handle some things that CE can.

So the CE is better then the ID tech engine? Hmm, how old is the ID?

Well with the ID Tech engine(which Wolfenstein: The New Order was running on if I recall correctly) uses megatextures which would cause a big increase in game size(Wolfenstein was (50 GIGs). I could only imagine the size of the game, still who knows which is better but it can't be much worse then Gamebyro.

Well, considering how most NPCs in battle are just meaningless fighters, you could parameterize how many of them you spawn for a particular fight and just increase or decrease the parameter depending on where you are playing.

Well, considering how most NPCs in battle are just meaningless fighters, you could parameterize how many of them you spawn for a particular fight and just increase or decrease the parameter depending on where you are playing.
There mod for fallout three that did just that, everyone spawn spawned three enemies. It was nice, but it tended to cause random crashes.

Maybe it's time for Bethesda to move to a 64-bit system. Aren't the latest consoles 64-bit systems?

I'm pretty sure Fallout 4 is already 64 bit if that's what you're getting at, if it wasn't I would expect us to need two GTX 980s and 32GB of RAM. The system requirements don't even look right for a game riddled with low quality textures.

Yeah FO4 is definitely 64-bit, 3 and NV were 32-bit and only used 2 gb of memory maximum (4gb with a mod), which wouldn't be anywhere close to enough to run FO4

I find that really hard to believe. Maybe it's because Steam is installed in the (x86) program folder on my machine so it gets treated like a 32-bit application. When I was running a monitor, FO4 never used more than ~3GB of system memory and ~2GB of VRAM, even though I have 16GB of the former and 4GB of the latter (edit- with all graphics options set to ultra). It barely uses more than FO3 with a ton of mods. Now I'm wondering if I could get a 64-bit install by doing a clean install of Steam.

Back