Yet another sci-fi thread

R.Graves

Confirmed Retard
What are the best examples of sci-fi?
My school actually has a sci-fi class. Strange buy we've watch buck rogers (fucking great BTW) star trek TOS and the next generation. I, Robot, Blade Runner. We even watched gravity (mostly so the teacher could bitch about how it made no sense at all). If course we had to write essays and shit about a few of them but... I digress.

At the beginning of the year we were handed a list of films. With the assignment to write in a film you believe should be added to the list and why. Many films sprang to mind.

District 9
Its a great film In its own right simply for its unique take on the "alien invasion" plus I'm told it doubles as an allegory for apartheid.

The Fly
It emotional depth alone is deserving of a spot on the list but its also a sci-fi film and a decent monster movie.

Tremors
I just like it, okay?

Alien
Was already on his list but I thought I'd bring it up anyway.

Rise of the planet of the apes
Great action, great feels and its not too heavy on the science part of science fiction.

Not a film but "the last question"
Would be great for a one off lesson. Its short and has a great ending that I'm sure no one expects.

What films would you have liked to see on the curriculum for a Science fiction class?

Dune
Star Wars (fantasy or not, it showed a "used future" model which really worked well)
2001: A Space Odyssey
Starship Troopers (the book, not the movies)
Robocop
Alien/Aliens
Altered Carbon (can't wait for the Netflix show)
Bladerunner
The Matrix
Gattaca

Babylon 5 is pretty good. I love watching the Starfuries maneuver.

Ghost in the Shell

Stargate (movie or series)

Tron / Tron Legacy

Ender's Game (book or movie)

Back