10 best games.

I grew tired of Witcher 3 by the time I got to the viking island. Like dead tired of the game. It's so... Bloated with fluff? The story is good for a video game but the actual gameplay which is why I play a video game just made me think of other games that were far more fun to play and did it better before Witcher 3 came out.
I haven't played it in almost four years, but from what I remember, Skellige had a lot of collectables, like tens of shipwrecks and other such things. Thankfully, none of it was essential for the story. But I get you.

Red Alert 2&YR(its on Steam now!)
Fallout(1) , New Vegas, Tactics
Gothic(1,2,3)
Half-Life 2 & Episodes + VR versions(mods)
Half-Life Alyx
STALKER(CoC, CS, CoP) + the many mods GAMMA, True Stalker(highly recommended), Misery etc
Project Zomboid - crazy amount of high quality mods
ATOM RPG & Trudograd
Subnautica & Bellow Zero
Hearts of Iron 4 w/ Old World Blues mod

some more that I've replayed recently...

Metro 2033 & Last Light - no Exodus because it was big letdown for me. story was shallow and they turned it into garbage collecting simulator
ELEX 1 & 2 - only people that liked Gothic will like this one
Risen series - same as above
Hitman series - the old games
Resident Evil series
Duke Nukem 3D
Portal 1 & 2
Max Payne series
BloodRayne 1 & 2
PREY(2009)
Doom 3
Kane & Lynch Dead Men
Return To Castle Wolfenstein
Mafia series
Star Wars Republic Commando
Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries - really nice in VR!
Freedom Fighters - still hoping for a sequel
Nexus The Jupiter Incident
SOMA
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
Sniper Elite 1
Delta Force Black Hawk Down & Team Sabre
Silent Hunter 5
Homeworld series - the mobile game is not bad either!
Age of Empires series - old games

.. and lots more. I have them neatly organized in my steam account. a lot of these were games from my childhood, especially Red Alert 2 and Gothic.

Last edited:
I grew tired of Witcher 3 by the time I got to the viking island. Like dead tired of the game. It's so... Bloated with fluff? The story is good for a video game but the actual gameplay which is why I play a video game just made me think of other games that were far more fun to play and did it better before Witcher 3 came out.
I only beat the first Witcher game, hated the gameplay of The Witcher 2 and never even tried the third game. My wife beat all of them though.

Fallout 1
Fallout 2
Fallout New Vegas
Pillars of Eternity
Baldur's Gate 3
Persona 3
Persona 4
Halo Combat Evolved
Halo 2
Halo 3

In no particular order.

I also couldn't get very far in Witcher 3. Glad I bought that one on Steam Sale. My played time shows 7 hours.

I couldn't finish the book series either so that's fitting. Overrated, IMO.

To this day i don't know how i got 400 hours out of Witcher 3 because that game does plenty of things i give other games shit for. I really liked the characters, the writing, setting and a lot of the quests, so maybe that allowed me to push through a really meh combat system. Maybe i'm just a hypocritical asshole.

Looking at it now, it's basically what happened with me and New Vegas. Game with a mediocre combat system elevated by writing and characters to the point i can push through it.

I too was filtered by Witcher 3.
I also couldn't get very far in Witcher 3. Glad I bought that one on Steam Sale. My played time shows 7 hours.
I couldn't finish the book series either so that's fitting. Overrated, IMO.
I only beat the first Witcher game, hated the gameplay of The Witcher 2 and never even tried the third game. My wife beat all of them though.

Yall Mf's

ObH4A6i.png

10 Random best games updated list number 6,761

Red Dead Redemption 2
Dragon Age Origins
Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous
Atom RPG
Heroes of Might and Magic 3
Elden Link Breath of the Tears
Shadowfun Cyperphunk 2079
Super Katman Brothers
Fun Fun RaceKart IP Racer 7
Your favorite game

I grew tired of Witcher 3 by the time I got to the viking island. Like dead tired of the game. It's so... Bloated with fluff?
I already responded to this post, but i'll make a separate post just to respond to this specific point.

Yeah, there's definitely a noticeable drop in quality when you get to Skellige, like they started to run out of time. I still enjoyed parts of it, but it's clear that the budget and development time was starting to dry up. In fact i'd argue the game starts off with its best storyline, which is the Bloody Baron questline, and each subsequent storyline is worse than the previous one. I do like the Novigrad portion as well, but it's the Bloody Baron questline where the game shines in terms of writing quality and characters.

About the bloat, yup, the game has far too much of it, and you can blame Bethesda's influence on open world games at the time because since Oblivion there's this honestly bad design mentality that a playthrough has to last dozens, if not hundreds of hours. And that means adding a bunch of busywork that hardly adds anything to the experience.

I think if Witcher 3 had a better combat system and it was cut down to around 30 to 40 hours for full completion, it would have been a much better game.

Last edited:
In fact i'd argue the game starts off with its best storyline, which is the Bloody Baron questline, and each subsequent storyline is worse than the previous one.
I don't think I can definitely say I agree with this but I also don't doubt it as Bloody Baron was one of the best questlines in the game. I just haven't played it in so long and I tend to forget things that aren't super noticeable.

I know I remembered really enjoying a few things about Witcher 3:
Never felt compelled/forced to do tons of the side objective spam and the ones I did usually had a character introduce me to a side quest that had a promising premise or hinting at one.
Hearts of Stone was a good story with decisions that made me reconsider what I was about to do/say.
Bloody Baron was much like Hearts of Stone
Blood and Wine was good as well and I enjoyed its story and choices I remember getting bored of it towards the end though, which is a problem I had with the main story as well
Letho was in the game

I think generally speaking my favorite thing about all three games is the difficulty in morality of choices and I don't mean who is ultimately wrong or right but what your choices mean and if the punishment/reward to those actors are fitting to their deeds. And that's something that might vary from player to player. Some people might dislike Letho even but he was one of my favorite characters in the trilogy. I loved that after all of Witcher 2 I got to meet him face to face and I got to hear his side of all the events that led up to that moment and then make a decision. Obviously, I was sympathetic to his plights.

But often, the best quests and decisions in those quests never left me fully satisfied with my choice which was oddly satisfying. How bad does a person need to be to be condemned for eternity? How about losing a loved one? How about just death? And it's a complex question when a single person who randomly steps in gets to influence that. It's not a court system, it's not a criminal book, it's a human(oid) trying to sympathize with another and I enjoyed. It wasn't perfectly done or always well done. Sometimes I felt like my choice in a Witcher game was an ill informed one and sometimes that felt fucking awful and sometimes it felt like that's just what can happen in life. I did dislike how the choice in the three witches quest in Witcher 3 played out, I know it's somewhat hinted at but it feels like a stretch I would have known the full consequences of that shit.

I agree the downsides of Witcher 3 are definitely the combat (though it was a watered down but smoother experience compared to 2) and that it's so. fucking. long. I felt like the bloat of shit to do was there but not hard to ignore either. I also disliked I got some legendary weapon from a boss/mini-boss and then like a level or two later I killed a generic enemy and checked the loot and his common/uncommon rarity sword was remarkably more capable at dealing damage. Levelled based loot really annoys me like that. Baldur's Gate 3 looks like it does this but ultimately it's just sidegrades of enchantments sometimes I found a new legendary/rare/whatever armor piece but found that my build wanted the uncommon enchantment I had hiding in my stash for 15 hours more. Nothing just strictly "leveled up" like a loot based game and I wish Witcher 3 never did that shit. Finding more powerful things is fine, finding them every 5 steps is annoying.

But often, the best quests and decisions in those quests never left me fully satisfied with my choice which was oddly satisfying.
That's how every quest with choices should feel like. You present two or more options with their ups and downs and then have the player make choice they feel it's the best. But always leave them wondering if it was the actual best choice in the end.

Yeah, I thought that too, especially after I replayed it.

It has wonderful presentation, a beautiful world, pretty good writing, and EXCELLENT ACTING from the cast, but the gameplay felt so shallow. Even on Death March I didn't really find much enjoyment in it.

I certainly understand the appeal of it though.

Back