Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Endocore, Dec 26, 2013.
Does the Alt-Miria Mod functions with Restoration project 2.3.3 ?
I'm using both and I can tell you that... yes, they work masterfully well together. <3
Hi. My character just married Miria.
As I did not want her killed too quicky, I gave her an armor and...her head changed right aiway, she turned to the square-cut black hair apperance. Is this a known bug ?
[Edit: Ok. I should have read the thread before posting]
I'm trying to customize miria, i followed the build better miria guide. It goes fine, she levels up and inherits the Stage 1 proto's upgraded stats, but after i save and load the game, she gets deleveled to her initial proto (with the basic hp)
Could you guys please tell me what can cause this? How to fix it?
edit: I missed to read the "advanced note" highlighted with green, which clearly explains why i had this issue (i edited proto 164 default miria too).
New question: Is it hard to replace master.dat with a folder? How can i do it?
Using this : http://www.nma-fallout.com/resources/dat-explorer-by-dims.56/ what i usually do is :
- Unpack master.dat
- Unpack critter.dat
- Unpack patch.dat
- Install rp 2.3.3
- Delete all the dat files
I think there won't be any problems
I installed this mod with the 2.3.3 Restoration pack available on Nexus and the RP version of lootable armors. When I started a new game, none of the RP stuff would work. I couldn't expose the Duntons, I didn't get the mission to find Sulik's sister and I couldn't get the orphanage quest in the Den.
I would like to use this mod, it sounds wonderful. So what did I do wrong? And moreover, what can I do to test it so I don't have to spend hours before I know whether it's working or not?
You installed Restoration first right? You didn't installled RP and unofficial patch together?
I'm not sure. I think I did. In any case, I reinstalled the restoration and lootable armors and they work like a charm. The alt Mira stuff was all overwritten though. The first time around I followed the RP readme which I think said unofficial patch, then RP. Then I downloaded the lootable armors, then alt-Mira.
You don't install unofficial patch with RP. Only RP.
Strange. It is not working for me. I have all the prerequisites to romance Miria (8 Charisma, positive Modoc reputation, etc.) but when morning comes with Grisham, no dialog opens and both he and Miria are unresponsive to dialog. My companions also do not move. When I leave Modoc and come back, my companions return to normal but the town becomes hostile.
I have the following mods installed (in order of installation):
1. killap's Restoration Project 2.3.3
2. phobos2077's Economy and Combat Rebalance mod 0.6.2
3. Endocore's Alt-Miria Mod v2
4. burn's fo2tweaks v8
1) Is this mod compatible with F2WR(Fallout 2: Weapons Redone)?. I know that F2WR itself blends well with RP, the same can be said for this mod, but I'm wondering how Alt-Miria Mod and F2WR will react to each other?
2) In your own ReadMe, you stated the /proto/critters folders that the files there are to be read-only and not to change them, but they are all .pro files(same with the proto/critters folders for the RP directory). I thought they were supposed to be read-only, I haven't made any changes to them myself. Some clarification please?
3) This one is sort of related to my second question: I'm certain that RP's directory isn't really a folder itself or something obvious that I can see from the directory of Fallout 2 itself, but there are folders in the data folder which contains another data folder and as well as the other folders that I will likely be putting your files into(overwriting the same-named files their too). Is this the directory of RP? there are many files within the files in this shows RP content implying so but I just want to be sure.
4) This is dumb one but how exactly do I backup the files in RP's directory that would be overwritten by your versions of those similarly named files? Is backing up the files in RP's directory really needed if I intend to keep the new Miria or is it also a precaution in case something goes wrong with the mod?
5) I have a small perk called PerkEveryLevel_NovaRain_7z(GL_PerkEveryLevel.int), do you think it will be affected or affect this mod? This is another dumb question band I don't know if you would know the answer. It's only a single gl .int file and its put into /data/scripts folder but I'm sure you'd know that already.
I thank anyone who can answer for their time and input, and I don't want to sound demanding but if anyone, including Endocore, knows the answer to more than one question please label them out to me. I know I can't expect everyone here to know everything; I'm the fool asking these questions myself, but I'm bit adverse to people answering only one of my questions out of all the ones I've asked(It's more than OK if that is all you know though). Thanks!