Another World Revisited

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by Silencer, Apr 18, 2006.

1. Silencer

Silencer Night Watchman Staff Member Admin

Nov 7, 2003
    http://forums.idlethumbs.net/showthread.php?p=57621

2. Paladin Solo

Paladin Solo So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Nov 7, 2003
    Console kiddies eat your heart out.

PS:

I demand translations.

Edit:

Nevermind. (What fucking douche makes the translation link so damned small and barely noticable?)

3. Montez

Montez So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Jun 20, 2003
    At least you noticed it, I had no clue there was one until I read your post. I spent 20 minutes trying to piece the site together using high school French until I finally found the screenshot page.

4. Finesse

Finesse Look, Ma! Two Heads!

May 2, 2005
    Doesnt work on windows 2000, oh well.... was going to put xp back on my pc anyways.

5. Tannhauser

Tannhauser Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Orderite

Mar 18, 2004
  6. Paladin Solo

Paladin Solo So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Nov 7, 2003
    Do I win some kind of an award? A complimentary mint perhaps?

7. Dabeav

Dabeav First time out of the vault

Feb 20, 2006
    Somebody must be reading my mind, I was just thinking about this game. I think it was called something slightly different in the U.S., at least for my Sega CD version. Out of This World, I think.

EDIT: Oh, maybe if I read the site I would've seen that. :oops:

8. Celluloid

Celluloid First time out of the vault

Nov 29, 2005
    Hmm, well the site mentions a "XP" compatible version, but it works perfectly on my windows 2000 ...
    You can download the demo - first level only - from the site and check if it works on your PC.
    The demo contains a link to a online payment site, if you wish to unlock the whole game for 7 euros - which I find a bit too expensive, but it was originally rumored to be only 5 euros, so it's mainly psychological...

9. Roshambo

Roshambo Antediluvian as Feck

Apr 3, 2003
    Hmmm, Another World. Not too bad, except that it was more like an Adventure game mixed with a Dragon's Lair-ish "guess what you have to do now and you only have three seconds". Heart of the Alien was an attempt to expand upon it and flesh out the story, but it wasn't done by the same lead developer. Flashback, not really a sequel, went into more Prince of Persia controls, seemed a bit better in the gameplay realm than "jab random buttons".

And don't even get me started on Fade to Black...