Anybody notice?

Jet1337

It Wandered In From the Wastes
Anybody notice the X-01 in the display case in Nuka World? Are there any other lore inconsistencies I missed?

Does finding the preserved and somehow alive head of Nuka Cola's founder count? I thought it was established that the only way to be kept alive far longer is to have the brain removed and stuck in a biogel filled machine, with Mr House being an exception since he heavily invested in keeping his whole body alive in his own specialized pod and was a pioneer in the field of life extension.

Edit: Plus how can a frozen head be aware and move its mouth to talk? Not to mention he wouldn't be able to talk without a voice module, being frozen and lung less. Wacky 1950s made-up science I guess.

Last edited:
Anybody notice the X-01 in the display case in Nuka World? Are there any other lore inconsistencies I missed?

There is actually a really REALLY stupid explanation for the X-01 power armor! Even though, it's supposed to be POST WAR it turns out that it was developed JUST before the bombs fell! And they decided to give a working proto-type of this very dangerous suit of power armor to paint and put on display in a kids theme park!

There is actually a really REALLY stupid explanation for the X-01 power armor! Even though, it's supposed to be POST WAR it turns out that it was developed JUST before the bombs fell! And they decided to give a working proto-type of this very dangerous suit of power armor to paint and put on display in a kids theme park!
So basically all that time the Enclave spent using there Research and Development corps to create a new model of Power Armor, achieved fuck all?

Another big name from the past preserved in a life support machine, where do Bethesda get their brilliant and orginal ideas from? Recycle, recycle, recycle.

The X-01 is pure laziness on Bethesdas part, they wanted a tasty final reward but couldnt be bothered to come up with something unique or appropriate to the setting...basically their approach to the whole franchise.

The X-01 is pure laziness on Bethesdas part, they wanted a tasty final reward but couldnt be bothered to come up with something unique or appropriate to the setting...basically their approach to the whole franchise.
There was a time when every item in Fallout was handplaced. You found a suit of Power Armor, it was because it makes sense for it to be there, you looked around and everything was placed appropriately. Bethesda unfortunately doesn't understand this.

So basically all that time the Enclave spent using there Research and Development corps to create a new model of Power Armor, achieved fuck all?
Imagine spending your heavily numbered days painstakingly designing the most efficient, technologically advanced power armour to date, only to find that someone had invented this exact design 200 years prior to be used as a childrens' theme park advertising machine.

Imagine spending your heavily numbered days painstakingly designing the most efficient, technologically advanced power armour to date, only to find that someone had invented this exact design 200 years prior to be used as a childrens' theme park advertising machine.

Not only did they work their asses off creating the Advanced Power Armor, people died because of it. And some eastern jack offs just happened to make it before the bombs went off and it was never really put into use, even though you find it every fucking where.

Since the advanced power armor had such a tenancy of exploding and killing people, I would assume that the Sole Survivor would die the first time he tried to upgrade it to anything above MK3.

The power armor is disabled with a toy water pistol because after all this game is written for children by children so why not make them the big bad raider leader in the first 2 minutes of the DLC and give them a toy water cannon to play with.

I actually got two stupid excuses for why that power armor was literally invincible. First was "power armor in general works by using magnets to slow down the bullets. And with enough power they can just full on stop them." This was then later corrected to "No, wait. It just uses hydraulics and lots of power makes them invincible."

I actually got two stupid excuses for why that power armor was literally invincible. First was "power armor in general works by using magnets to slow down the bullets. And with enough power they can just full on stop them." This was then later corrected to "No, wait. It just uses hydraulics and lots of power makes them invincible."

Perhaps this genius raider truely mastered SCIENCE! well beyond that of any of the great minds before him and created the ultimate power armour using unbreakable dodgem car metal and some electric from a generator? Never mind the fission reactor mounted on the back...

Alas Bethesda can barely write basic conversations, let alone come up lore appropriate technology. The instititute have a working teleporter for christ sake.

The instititute have a working teleporter for christ sake.
I would normally say something like "that teleporter crap was the moment I quit Fallout 4" but fact is that kind of idiotic writing is splattered throughout the Commonwealth. Yea guys - the institute has teleporter technology but can't find the railroad even though the entire Commonwealth talks about it and there's a big red line leading to their "secret" base, the password to which is "Railroad."

This is a universe with, as they even put it, "talking mutants and ghouls" and yet they manage to have writing so awful that it makes the universe unbelievable and completely lacking immersion. Fallout is a universe with some of the most outrageous, over the top writing in games and yet Bethesda's writers are so astoundingly bad that they managed to make the whole thing totally unbelievable.

Writing so dumb that suspension of disbelief is impossible.

""Design some power armour" they said. "It'll be easy" they said"

I've always thought that Bethesda has a secret desire to take every post-war invention in the Fallout Universe, and fuck its lore up, so that the entire universe remains stagnant.

What's this, Myron invented Jet?, Nope pre-war.

The Enclave spent years perfecting a new model of Power Armor?, Nope, invented just before the bombs fell.

Vertibirds were supposed to be invented shortly after the bombs fell?, What a shame.

The Shi have actually found a sustainable power source?, That's odd cause the most technologically advanced faction in the world relies on a pre-war piece of technology to power there base.

The Brotherhood are making improved designs of energy weapons?, Nope, not even the Institute can't do that.

Im pretty sure Bethesda brought the rights to Fallout, dumped a heavy textbook full of amazing lore and background info on Todd and Emil's desks, they skim read it, noted the cool flashy superficial stuff and never refered to it again.

I've always thought that Bethesda has a secret desire to take every post-war invention in the Fallout Universe, and fuck its lore up, so that the entire universe remains stagnant.

What's this, Myron invented Jet?, Nope pre-war.

The Enclave spent years perfecting a new model of Power Armor?, Nope, invented just before the bombs fell.

Vertibirds were supposed to be invented shortly after the bombs fell?, What a shame.

The Shi have actually found a sustainable power source?, That's odd cause the most technologically advanced faction in the world relies on a pre-war piece of technology to power there base.

The Brotherhood are making improved designs of energy weapons?, Nope, not even the Institute can't do that.

It's reasons like this why I do not consider the Bethesda games canon.

Back