Anyone have Core GPU clock drop while playing games? Or having bad fps with win10?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by TransgenderVaultDeweller, Dec 10, 2015.

1. TransgenderVaultDeweller

TransgenderVaultDeweller "Fallout 4 adds to the lore"

Aug 14, 2015
    I'm currently trying to find a solution to my fps shitty problem. The issue is that when i turn off my pc for a few hours and come back on. I'll have almost everything pretty high for the witcher 3 at around 70-60 fps with ultra settings. However a few minutes later like 10 or so and the game drops to 40 and dips into the 30's. I've tried almost everything you can think of. I know that the core clock dips to 735. I'm pretty fucking pissed.

PC specs.

CPU: 4790K: 4.4ghz w/ water cooler

RAM: 16gb ddr3 1600mghz

GPU: GTX970: typically am able to get the core clock to 1453 steady

Hard Drive: SSD

motherboard: MSI z97-g5

I've tried reinstalling driver, Temps are pretty good max is 81 degrees for GPU, While in the 50's for the CPU. I've also tried putting it in compatibility mode.

2. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    Downclocking after a while sounds like a heat-issue, but not if it's just dipping. Also, 81°C should be well within acceptable limits of a GTX 970.
    Have you run a stress test like FurMark? That could rule out temperature issues.

3. TransgenderVaultDeweller

Aug 14, 2015

Have not, But it's not updated to windows 10 yet.

4. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
  5. TransgenderVaultDeweller

Aug 14, 2015

Done that.

I get like 39 C on idle and 81 when in games.