Beards!

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Hassknecht, Feb 11, 2011.

1. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    To both genders, what is your stance on beards?
    Shaved, stubble, mustache, full beard, what is preferred?
    Why beard, why not?

Personally, I belong to the unfortunate group of people that at the age of 22 are unable to grow decent beard, so until that changes I'm stuck with a rather lame goatee. Hope that changes within the next few years, though, 'cause I'm going for a full beard.
    Not only because without a beard my face is rather featureless and boyish but also because I think that men should be proud to wear beards.

2. thejordan0

thejordan0 First time out of the vault

May 20, 2010
    I'm in the same boat you are, I want a full beard but can only grow a goatee, though over the last year I've notice a lot more hair coming in along my jawline, so maybe I'll have a full beard in the next two or three years.

3. SkuLL

SkuLL Chad McRealman Orderite

Sep 6, 2009
    Beards are awesome. If I could, I'd grow the biggest, chunkiest ZZ Top Zach Galifianakis Jim Morrison Matisyahu beard there is.

Right now, I'm going with a moustache + soul patch combination, a leftover from a past Movember.

Seriously, nearly all men can grow a moustache, so there is nothing stopping you from joining in on the glorious festivities that are Movember. I think it's a great opportunity for all men to try what they would look/feel like with a mo. And more often than not, the feeling is awesome. :ok:

That. There are many effeminate metrosexuals who'll give you the, "Ohmigod eeew, it's like... so gross!" But I say fuck them. Let it grow and be proud!

4. Bad_Karma

Bad_Karma Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 17, 2007
    Most of the time i go for some sort of sideburns. Fits somewhat my face i'd say. Not to forget that i couldn't grow a good goatee or moustache.

5. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    I tried the goatee+moustache combination for some time (Van Dyke it's called in english, I think), but my moustache was too thin and it just looked shitty.
    My girlfriend hates moustaches, but I shaved it off even before her :D
    Good thing she loves full beards, though.
    This is my goal:

/edit:
    Current state:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I hate waiting.

6. DammitBoy

DammitBoy Carbon Dated and Proud

Feb 23, 2006
    facial hair is just plain stupid

women don't like facial hair on men

it makes you look horrible, especially when you young tards try to grow one and can't

studies also show that in corporate settings, beards hold you back and down, they are considered 'rebellious' and a sign that a person is not a team player

you'll do better to stay clean shaven

7. Moloch Horridus

Moloch Horridus First time out of the vault

Feb 3, 2010
    Have it, going to keep it. Wife likes it.
    Full beard that is.
    Keeping it pretty short though. Wife likes it that way.
    If it was just me around here, I'd go Unix.

8. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    Why?
    A lot of them do.

Better a weak beard than no beard at all. It's the thought that counts.

Source, please.
    Also, pretty much irrelevant except when you work in banking or management. And even there, a cultivated beard can add a lot to a persons face.

It's everyone's free decision.
    Some people look better without a beard, some better with.
    There's no real disadvantage in having a beard, but to each his own.

9. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    I like beards, though I prefer only some of the beard types.
    Goatee is good, I like it. It goes nicely with long hair.
    ZZ Top beard, as SkuLL said looks...well, needless to say. Though I wouldn't wear it (if I could ever grow it, that is).

But If you ask me, beards look best when you're bald. Really...
    Chech Kerry out.

Or Kane (this is the best, if you ask me)

And about that - women don't like beards - I disagree. I know plenty of women who like beards, moustaches and all other kinds of facial hair. So does it go for men. Some like having it, some don't. It's a normal thing.

10. thegaresexperience

thegaresexperience Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Sep 3, 2010
    1. Depends

2. Bullshit, a lot do

3: Bullshit, I'm 19 and people say I look better with a beard, especially girls :smug:

4. This is 50/50. it all depends what kind of facial hair you have. Full on survivalist beard is a no no, but a nice neat goatee or beard isn't bad

11. Verevoof

Verevoof Cryptid oTO Moderator Orderite

Jul 12, 2009
    I don't. I just prefer to see men clean shaven. Stubble is fine, as is a short beard. If more fuller styles are kept neat and clean, I suppose I wouldn't mind. It really depends on if the beard is complimentary to the face (also depends if it is complementary to the person's overall look). Some faces just shouldn't even attempt a fuller beard.

Yeah, no. Looking like you have pubic hairs glued to your face is not attractive at all.

12. Thomas de Aynesworth

Thomas de Aynesworth Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Nov 9, 2010
    Yep, close cropped hair and clean shaven is the way to go. Unless I were on a U-boot I wouldn't have it any other way. Beardos tend to be sexual degenerates.

13. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    Of course, a minimum of growth is required.
    A beard should always be cultivated and kept clean just like the head hair.
    But yeah, it's all a matter of taste.

14. The Vault Dweller

The Vault Dweller always looking for water.

Aug 24, 2004

By the way Dammitboy although Jesus did specifically say that Jewish law (the Old Testament) need no longer be used to since the guidelines of the New Testament replace them however that doesn't mean a lot of people still don't.

Also I once went three months without shaving. It grew an inch in one month then a half in another and didn't grow at all in the third. It was long enough to notice, but easily thin enough to see spaces of skin between. As such I always shave about once a week. Too bad since I think beards do look awesome.

Sincerely,
    The Vault Dweller

15. Dragula

Dragula Stormtrooper oTO Orderite

Nov 6, 2008
    Beards are awesome.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmFnarFSj_U[/youtube]

Case closed.

16. SuAside

SuAside Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Admin

May 27, 2004
    I have the Kane beard from above (trimmed at 6mm) and when I'm lazy I grow out a full respectable beard in about a week & a half. Very annoying to have such a quick growing beard...
    Actually, it camouflages my ugly face. ;)

17. Dragula

Dragula Stormtrooper oTO Orderite

Nov 6, 2008
  18. SkuLL

SkuLL Chad McRealman Orderite

Sep 6, 2009
    Indeed! :clap:

19. Guiltyofbeingtrite

Guiltyofbeingtrite Vault Dweller

Oct 13, 2008
    Beards are probably extremely advantageous in a post-apocalyptic world for concealing stimpaks, ammo, other goods.

20. The Vault Dweller

The Vault Dweller always looking for water.

Aug 24, 2004
    I always thought facial hair existed to catch small pieces of food so it can be gathered and put to use.

Sincerely,
    The Vault Dweller