Been away for a long time

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Beaushizzle, May 13, 2020.

1. Beaushizzle

Beaushizzle Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Aug 3, 2015
    Hi, folks. Some of you might remember me from years ago. Honestly, it was a miracle that I remembered my login info. For jump starting memories, I was in the US Navy at the time, and active during the time the TheVaultDweller was active. 2015 or so.
    How are you all doing? Life going okay? Everyone staying safe?
    Is TheVaultDweller still active? I am seeing some familiar names, like Walpknut and Hassknecht.
    Is the forum still pretty active? I’m coming back after too much time on the shithole that is Reddit.

Ask me anything!
    Cheers

2. TorontoReign

TorontoReign No Original Thought Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    We have not see him for some time now. We still get plenty of new people but not all of them post that often. Same as always really.

3. Beaushizzle

Beaushizzle Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Aug 3, 2015
    Does anyone have any contact with him at all?
    I know it’s odd, but we had a really cool rapport.

4. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    I think he is to much busy these days on game development projects.

5. TorontoReign

TorontoReign No Original Thought Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    That is a different Vault Dweller isn't it?

6. The Dutch Ghost

Jan 11, 2004
  7. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Staff Member Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    There might have been another Vault Dweller (I mean, it's NMA, if I bothered to check I'd probably find dozens of users with variations of "The Vault Dweller" for their names), but I guess the guy in question here is THE The Vault Dweller, Vince D. Weller, Age of Decadence dude.
    @The Vault Dweller has last logged in in 2016 here.

8. Mr. Grandma

Mr. Grandma This ghoul has seen it all
    Orderite

Nov 3, 2007
    The Vault Dweller was too pure a soul to exist in this timeline.

9. welsh

welsh Junkmaster

Apr 5, 2003
    The Vault Dweller... yep. I'd support that notion. Other pure souls... I always thought Sander, and Briosafreak... And then there was the purity of Alec's foot fetish.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  10. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    Not sure where Sander is these days, but alec had a mental breakdown over a warning point and got banned.

11. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    As an actual nobody on this site walking in on that was something to behold.

12. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Vault Fossil

Mar 16, 2013
    Anyone remember Tagaziel? He became a "lore guru" on the /r/Falloutlore subreddit where he defends to the absolute death Bethesda lore and will make gigantic textposts about how ackshually the idea that APA was an Enclave creation is totally unsubstatianted so X-01 makes perfect sense, and to remind everyone on all occasions that the Fallout Bible is not official canon and that all ideas to come from it must be expunged from thought.

13. The Dutch Ghost

Jan 11, 2004
    I occasionally see him on my Steam account but I have not talked to him in years, not have I talked to Sander when I see him.

I don't recall if Tagaziel was always a Bethlore defender. I like to think that he wasn't but perhaps I misremember though I am positive he was critical of Fallout 3 at the time.
    Either he has changed his tune or he is doing this because he is pissed at the Fallout community here on NMA, either way I no longer care and if he wants to kiss Beth's ass than that is his business.

14. TheGM

Aug 19, 2008
    Yeah wasn't he a furry? I do remember hearing he did have that Face-Heel Turn though.

15. The Dutch Ghost

Jan 11, 2004
    He is into anthro or a furry if you insist on the term but that has nothing to do with changing opinion.

16. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    I think he sorta left in the aftermath of GamerGate and decided that since the evil dudebros don't like Bethesda, he had to "grow up" and leave all the hate behind him, so now will defend them with his life. Not necessarily because he actually likes the lore, but because "we" don't like it.

17. TheGM

Aug 19, 2008
    what in the actual fuck. I mean ho-wh-huh? I think I reached my max limit on brow furrowing after reading something like that. I know gamergate was a thing, I have no experience with it, was it really that bad?

18. Atomic Postman

Atomic Postman Vault Fossil

Mar 16, 2013
    Yeah I 1000% get that vibe too. There's a certain string of Bethesda apologist on Reddit that seem to chiefly do so because lots of gamer chuds (like us grogs here on NMA) don't like Bethesda Fallout. On the likes of /r/gamingcirclejerk where the "It's a good game but a bad Fallout game" is ridiculed and mocked and out of sheer contrarianism they're suddenly massive fans of those games.

Same thing applies. Tagaziel has made a few posts on the Falloutlore sub "Debunking" non-bethesda lore that is still believed by most of the community due to stuff like Van Buren and the Fallout Bible which aren't part of the Pete Hines approved media. Stuff like proving once and for all that the power armor retcons Bethesda made are actually good and made total sense, or that Power Armor is actually not that good at taking damage and is primarily used for carrying stuff rather than defence (Not a joke).

19. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    Just speculation here, no actual evidence or anything. But the GG-thing and general politics did leave him with a big chip on his shoulder. He came back in 2018 and messed around a bit (like adding a filter so that any link to Nukapedia would redirect to The Vault) and wanted to reinstate Roshambo-style moderation and instaban anyone he didn't like (specifically mentioning GG and wrongthink politics). He got BTFO'd and has not logged in since.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  20. Ozrat

Ozrat Antediluvian as Feck
    Orderite

Apr 2, 2003
    Hi; this is my first time logging in since 2013. Please remind me who you are.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1