• Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel

• Fallout Shelter

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
@SarcasticGoodGuy You haven't posted a sarcastic comment in almost a week now. I'm worried about you.
Morocco has changed me.

It made me appreciate F3 and F4 for the amazing RPGs that they truly are. Name one other game that lets you launch nukes into orcs that love violence and live next to raiders that have been raiding settlers that have been scavenging the same supermarket for 200 years?

Last edited:
Morocco has changed me.

It made me appreciate F3 and F4 for the amazing RPGs that they truly are. Name one other game that lets you launch nukes into orcs that love violence and live next to raiders that have been raiding settlers that have been scavenging the same supermarket for 200 years?

There's mah boi.

Dam thats pretty had question actually. I would say that i really like them all about from fallout 4

Depends:

I think Fallout 1 is the closest to what Fallout should be, My fondest memories of the franchise are in Fallout 2, and I've replayed New Vegas the most times.

So, I guess all 3 of those games for different reasons.

I'm pretty sure there was a thread about the best fallout game with the poll already.
Anyway, Fallout: Nevada.

Okay, which one of you lovelies voted for Fallout 4? And I also want to know how drunk you were when you made that decision. :drunk:

The series can be summed up with this:

painting-fresco_2316720b-large_trans++pJliwavx4coWFCaEkEsb3kvxIt-lGGWCWqwLa_RXJU8.jpg

The left is Fallout 1,2 and New Vegas. Great, original works with only a few sketchy bits. Not perfect but it's still something worth experiencing.

The middle is Fallout 3, Fallout Tactics, Fallout [REDACTED] and Fallout Shelter. Mostly bad (in the case of [REDACTED] very bad, in fact you may wish to place it in the 3rd category) but there's enough good there to be tolerable sometimes and has some semblance to the original work.

Then of course you have the right, Fallout 4. So flanderized and misunderstood it only vaguely resembles something of the original but is really a big joke and should be laughed at for eternity.

I think I will spare a vote on New Vegas, but it's a hard question, for a 20 year old timeline.

It depends on what you mean by "best", I suppose. Do you mean in terms of being true to the idea, enjoyed best, etc.?

I'll just list my favorite Fallout titles(that I've played) in terms of those I enjoyed most:
NV

Yes, I'm a heretic for enjoying Fallout 4 more than 2. I just couldn't have fun with 2 because of the combat. Also, the story wasn't as good as the first IMO. Fallout 4 is a terrible Fallout game, but I still got more enjoyment out of it in the end.

:hide:

Mine is a toss between F1 and New Vegas.
If I had to vote, it'll be New Vegas, but only by a hair's length.

Here would be my order anyway
New Vegas
F1
F2
F3
F4 (without DLC)
POS
F4 (with DLC)
I've not played enough of Tactics to really have an opinion.

I'll say New Vegas. While 1 is the most well-structured, it has its issues like less content (due to greater focus on the main quest) and interface issues (especially with companions that 2 fixed). 2 has it beat in terms of C&C potential though suffers thanks to goofy content that people misconstrue as being part of Fallout while New Vegas has more C&C, writing equal to 1 in some parts and is less goofy than 2 but hampered by the Gamebryo engine and the short development time.

New Vegas feels like the developers and writers decided to improve on what they made in 1 and 2. By using ideas meant for Van Buren (since the Black Isle people in Obsidian were working on Van Buren) and expanding on the setting in a natural manner, they managed to produce a proper sequel to the classic games, unlike 3 and 4.

EDIT: I should add that 2 is my favourite of the bunch though New Vegas, to me, is the improved product (hampered by a shitty engine).

Last edited:
Fallout 2 for me. It was my first fallout,and I actually found it to be pretty funny. My second would be 1 due to its atmosphere and story. Then new Vegas because it had a good balance of story,atmosphere,and humor. Both of Bethesdas fallout are equally shitty imo, so I'm not going to bother listing them.

I love Fallout 2, but Fallout 1 wins for me. If it had more content... but at least it makes up for it with great characters and fantastic atmosphere.

Back