• Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel

• Fallout Shelter

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
It just goes to show how poor the story is and badly the world is tied together.

No I don't see how "it goes to show" that... The world, despite the few lackluster locations like San Fran and Vault 13, is quite excellently put together. The locations are plausible (and plausibly apart from each other) and there are narrative interconnections all over the place. The world doesn't care about the PC's problems, and they shouldn't either -- you bring the problem to them and they respond how they can. The story is not the main quest (unless you choose to tackle only that), the story is everything you do up until the ending narration. The writing might be up and down in places, but overall this is how proper RPG storytelling should be done; initial motivation and drive (for the character) -> reactive journey as per how you choose to engage it -> conclusion based on how you played.

it's a great game.

Yes it certainly is.

Anyways.... that's that.

Last edited:
I came by to write something, but @Kohno pretty much said what I would say.
The truth is that I played Fallout 1 maybe 10 to 15 times but I played Fallout 2 twice as much.
On another note, Fallout 2 better engine allowed great total conversion mods to be made.

I love New Vegas but as a game the use of Gamebryo spoils it for me, I cant name it as the best because of the engine and very unfinished end product. I love it's story and writing but the engine tends to make me frustrated from time to time. Also I am an old school P&P RPG player, and the real time first/third person view is not what I want from a computer RPG.

Fallout 1 even though I played it after having played new vegas extensively I still felt that fallout 1 was a better game, fallout 2 didn't have the same emotional impact fallout 1's story did and although I understand they were trying to go for a more political story in Fallout 2 what with New reno,redding and the NCR I still didn't find the story as engaging as its predecessor. As for New vegas it was amazing and my first REAL fallout game (I played fallout 3 before it but literally stopped playing it because it was so shit, luckily I had brought new vegas already and started playing that and got hooked), but the engine is so bad and I feel that the stat system in New vegas favors stat over skill way too much and makes for a not very fun combat experience. For these reasons alone fallout 1 is the better game then NV and 2.

For me, it would be the original Fallout, the first one. Is there where you find the best atmosphere without any doubt. Although is a little stupid to think that a man that has not been out of the Vault before and it can do all the things that he perform... (killing the Master, rescuing Tandi, destroying Mariposa, getting to the Glow...). It feels heroic, thank you Vault Dweller.

For me, it is F1 > F2 > F3 => FNewVegas > Fallout Tactics = Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel >>>>>>>>> F4.

The original Fallout (especially with FIXT)

Second would be New Vegas in line with FO2

Fallout 1 by far, followed closely by Fallout 2, then New Vegas, then Fallout 4. Fallout 3 was all right, but I wasn't crazy about it. I still haven't played tactics, so I might give that a try.

edit: New Vegas was awesome, but nothing beats the original two.

Fallout is my definition of a perfect game. I know a lot of people will disagree with me, saying it's not perfect. And if you wanna be a butt, yeah, it's not. But it also is. Because it perfectly balances all of its bad stuff with good stuff. The bad stuff slides off of your brain, because of all the good stuff. Yet, even though I think Fallout is perfect and that it should be revered as a classic so good it's the equivalent of Citizen Kane but for games, I still picked Fallout 2. And there's a reason for that.

I can understand some people not liking Fallout 2 that much. I can understand if they thought it was too silly, or if the bad guys were to shallow. Or whatever. But to me, none of that really matters in the face of this one aspect Fallout 2 introduced to the franchise: The world changed. The world progressed from Fallout 1. It took a canon ending and made everything and everyone move forward in their lives.

The NCR was started up, Shady Sands was but a memory, The Vault Dweller started a village and they had kids, Harold started a town of ghouls, there was a vault city. The World progressed. And it wasn't like everyone forgot about the first game. Those who were there when it happened, they reminisced about the old days of Fallout. Good or bad, they still remembered it and moved forward in spite of it.

And for that simple reason, I think Fallout 2 is the best Fallout game. Also, Frank Fucking Horrigan

While I'm only allowed to vote for one game, I actually enjoy four more. Namely: Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics: Brotherhood of Steel, Fallout 3: Van Buren and Fallout: New Vegas.

Huh, interesting how Fallout New Vegas won out, considering some people don't even view it as a true Fallout game.

Fallout1 best main story and main antagonist.
Fallout2 best world.
Fallout: new vegas. More open ended main quest.
Fallout:tactics best combat system. Faithfull to the lore for a game not made by the team.

Fobos, fo3, fo4, shelter. Not worthy of wasting time to dwelve on them.

My choice would be Fo2 as it was the first game that raised my awareness on many topics.
Fo2>Fo1>FoNV>>FoT> >>>>>>>>>>>Fo3>Fo4> FoBOS>FoShelter

Last edited:
I go back and fourth on this all the time, but today I am going to go with Fallout 2. The main quest in both games isn't really the main event in either game. Get the water chip and take care of the mutants, Get the GECK and take care of the Enclave aren't really stories so much as they are objectives which isn't a bad thing, it leads to more open and reactive world spaces. Those games were far more about the places you visit and your impact on those places and Fallout 2 has better locations with better characters. Fallout 1 has the benefits of a better main villain and less silliness.

Yeah it was really bad... even worse then the Fallout 3 main quest if I'm to be honest...

Everything about Fallout 3 is exponentially sillier than anything in Fallout 2.

Fallout: New Vegas by far. It's one of my all time favorite games ever. It's one of the few games where I have incredibly fond memories whenever I think about it.

Back