Bethesda Kicks Off The 25th Anniversary Celebration for Fallout!

TheKingofVault14

Fallout Fan For Life!
Bethesda and well, the official Fallout accounts on Social Media announced today that they're starting a whole month celebration of the 25th anniversary for the Fallout series, and how are they going to do it you may ask? Well it's, it's flipping lackluster, UNDERWHELMING is the best way to put it. They're going to celebrate by giving updates to both Fallout Shelter and 76, oh you could also get a free trial to play 76 especially with Fallout 1st, YAY! /s :-D :-(

Other than that, bullcrap. I will give Bethesda this though, I appreciate the fact that even acknowledge Fallout's 25th Anniversary at all. Especially by celebrating it at the approximate RIGHT TIME that FO1 was released, they didn't make the same mistake we've all made throughout the years by celebrating it on September 30th!

Also, I love how they changed the profile pic to this....
F9m19v8G_400x400.jpg

for all the official Fallout accounts across Social Media!

Oh and for creating this picture as well, HUGE kudos to whoever made this. AMAZING!
Lumii_20221003_121550852.jpg

At first glance, I thought all the characters where from the Bethesda Fallout games.(Fallout 3 & 4)
But after looking at it more intently, there are actually various characters from the original games plus New Vegas too! It appears however it's only the characters from the main titles, none from Fallout Tactics. Dang, where's the love for that game!? :-x :(

Also, I saw somebody made this article on the announcement. NGL, I agree with these sentiments!
Lumii_20221003_145432135.jpg

Here's the article if any of you want to read it!
https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/fallout-25th-anniversary-plans-are-kinda-underwhelming

NOTE: To the moderators, if you want to move this to the news section, or create your own thread on this. GO FOR IT! Heck, this thread is more of me giving my thoughts on this rather an actual news announcement! :)

Thanks for posting this. I appreciate the love for F1 and 2 but no TACTICS!? ARGH!!!!!!!!

This whole affair is just depressing. Microtransactions, "free" mods that are already free on the Nexus. Might as well not just not acknowledge the anniversary at all.
Hell.JPG
Unless they're announcing something on the 7th we have to rely on modders and the fans for anything with passion in it to come out...like always.

As long as it's not an attempt to remake the first two games in their disgusting engine, i don't care what they do.

They need to partner with someone and come out with a tabletop Fallout. Lots of phones have ar built into them and people use some ar stuff for Warhammer now so they could even throw in an optional ar app for viewing grids or figures/characters. Get in on the popularity of both ar apps and the tabletop renaissance.

Last edited:
They need to partner with someone and come out with a tabletop Fallout. Lots of phones have ar built into them and people use some ar stuff for Warhammer now so they could even throw in an optional ar app for viewing grids or figures/characters. Get in on the popularity of both ar apps and the tabletop renaissance.

There is a tabletop Fallout game tho.

Anyway, art is actially really nice. Wouldn’t mind getting a print one day to hang on my wall.

The actual celebration itself… eh… 25 years doesn’t really matter at the end of the day. It’s just the passing of time really. Nothing big.

You know I just realized now that there's actually characters from 76, so they can have characters from that abomination featured in the artwork and not Tactics? :-( :-x
My gosh, this just got more depressing as time goes on! Well, for me at least.

Honestly, not surprised by the fact that bugthesda did absolute bare minimum, if it can even be called that. The art is nice, but unfortunately, it features most of the garbage from their games.

In any event, let’s hope others will put more effort into the anniversary than bugthesda did.

I’m kinda half tenpted to live stream myself playing all 5 games (1-4 and NV) on twitch if anyone would watch that?

I’m kinda half tenpted to live stream myself playing all 5 games (1-4 and NV) on twitch if anyone would watch that?

I don't have twitch and I am not sure where you would live stream from. I would watch a bit and comment. My advice would be to semi cheat. Have a quick run through, if you are a bit rusty. If you do stream keep it shortish! People have the attention span of Goldfish.If you already have viewers ask them to ' fan boy ' the comments like. " I have never seen anyone play Fallout so well. I have sent you $20 via paypal ;p

I think there are like 3 right now.

Wasteland Warfare, Fallout 2d20, and Fallout the board game.

The first one had a NV wave a while ago and the last one had a New California expansion. Don't really know much about 2d20 though.

Back