BIG World Map

Cerebro

It Wandered In From the Wastes
I made a large world map for my private TRPG in an alternate Fallout setting and thought it looked nice enough to share.

It was made by combining the maps of FOnline and Fallout: Sonora and filling the gaps via some Photoshop shenanigans. The East / Northeast is not geographically accurate, but hey - the landscape got bombed to shit anyway.

Credits go to the people, who created those fantastic maps in the first place.

With grid: https://ibb.co/M2cyqmS
Without grid: https://ibb.co/bs0QCjb

(Oh, and I took the liberty to move Necropolis / Bakersfield to the right place and nudged Las Vegas a bit)

Wow, that's amazing! =O
Did you add Fallout Nevada's map too? From what it looks like.

One thing I love about looking at Fallout 1 and 2's World Map is finding craters like a game of Easter Egg hunt.
It makes me realize that the CCP had a lot of nuclear weapons in their armament. During this era of Fallout (Pre-2077) and the USA probably had the same amount or more. Who knows how destructive the United States of America's nuclear weapons program was at this time and its devastation on the Chinese mainland probably doubled.

Since 2016 (our time) China is estimated to have 350 nuclear weapons a +90 estimation since 2015.

Excerpts from Wikipedia China
China has made significant improvements in its miniaturization techniques since the 1980s. There have been accusations, notably by the Cox Commission, that this was done primarily by covertly acquiring the U.S.'s W88 nuclear warhead design as well as guided ballistic missile technology. Chinese scientists have stated that they have made advances in these areas, but insist that these advances were made without espionage.
The 1984 Defense Intelligence Agency's Defense Estimative Brief estimates the Chinese nuclear stockpile as consisting of between 150 and 160 warheads. A 1993 United States National Security Council report estimated that China's nuclear deterrent force relied on 60 to 70 nuclear-armed ballistic missiles. The Defense Intelligence Agency's The Decades Ahead: 1999 – 2020 report estimates the 1999 Nuclear Weapons Inventory as between 140 and 157. In 2004 the U.S. Department of Defense assessed that China had about 20 intercontinental ballistic missiles capable of targeting the United States. In 2006 a U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency estimate presented to the Senate Armed Services Committee was that "China currently has more than 100 nuclear warheads."

Although, seeing the destruction and crates of California especially the Baja area, Nevada, Arizona, and others states part of the map that I cannot seem to mention. In Fallout's world China must have even more than its real-life counterpart. Quadruple in minimum I would say to a Septuple in maximum.

The USA has built 70,000 nuclear warheads since the Cold War. Compared to the Cold War's height (1966) was at 31,175. As of today it now has 5,550 Nuclear Warheads.

Excerpt from Wikipedia The United States of America
The American atomic stockpile was small and grew slowly in the immediate aftermath of World War II, and the size of that stockpile was a closely guarded secret. However, there were forces that pushed the United States towards greatly increasing the size of the stockpile. Some of these were international in origin and focused on the increasing tensions of the Cold War, including the loss of China, the Soviet Union becoming an atomic power, and the onset of the Korean War. By 1990, the United States had produced more than 70,000 nuclear warheads, in over 65 different varieties, ranging in yield from around .01 kilotons (such as the man-portable Davy Crockett shell) to the 25 megaton B41 bomb.

The number for the USA must've lowered since then because of their count now lowering to 5,550.

Source for today's numbers

Something interesting about Chinese espionage on the USA for their nuclear weapons in the 1980s.
The warhead under question

USA
The modern upgrade of the W88 -> W88 Alt 370
The W76 Thermo Nuclear Warhead and its modern upgrade -> to a low yield warhead W76-2

China
The Warheads they have I cannot pinpoint to specifics but here is a statistic with some data.

Did you add Fallout Nevada's map too?
No. I would have loved to, but the world map in Fallout: Nevada is in a different art style and has a different size. And I'm by no means an artist who could "correct" that. Regional-wise, this map here covers the area though. I also updated it around Salt Lake City (Northeast), so it's now more than just a barren stretch of land.

With grid: https://ibb.co/5nhkXdx
Without grid: https://ibb.co/7jc7dcC

Back