Can't Install Tactics on Vista 64bit

Discussion in 'Fallout Tactics Help & Tech' started by Jassinlive, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Jassinlive

Jassinlive First time out of the vault

Sep 30, 2009
    For some reason it just won't install. I insert disc 1, auto load comes up and i click install game then.. nothing!

I go to task manager and i see *Setup - 32 Bit Setup just sitting there.. doing nothing.

Please help.

2. requiem_for_a_starfury

requiem_for_a_starfury So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Apr 3, 2003
    When the autoplay prompt comes up cancel. Then try running the setup.exe on cd 1.

3. dios.mios

dios.mios First time out of the vault

May 23, 2011
    I had this when I tried to install the game/patches also (Win 7 x64). For some weird reason once I ran setup the setup.exe*32 just loaded about 1,5-2,5MB of memory and hanged.

No idea why this happened, but solution was simple and weird also. I had a movie in VLC player playing on the other screen, the second I closed it, the install window popped up.

After that when trying to patch the game, same thing, closed google chrome and the install appeared.

4. Karyyk

Karyyk First time out of the vault

Jun 5, 2011
    Odd. I had been trying to figure this out for the better part of an our (unearthed my Fallout Collection and decided to install in on my new Windows 7 PC, but as soon as I ready this and killed Chrome, I had like 8 Fallout Tactics setups pop-up. Thanks for posting that.

5. Cantora

Cantora First time out of the vault

Jan 24, 2013
    After reading these responses I wasn't sure what could be causing it for me...

thankfully windows 8 has a feature in the task manager called "analyze wait chain" which lets you see if an app is waiting on another app - and lets you kill the app it's waiting on. turned out there were 5 programs i had to kill for it to start.

if you have windows 8

find 32bit installer, right click and "go to details". in details right click again and go to analyze wait chain