Changing Perks even the special ones?

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Ravager, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Ravager

Ravager Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Nov 18, 2008
    Does anyone know how to implement this?

Bonus move - Rank 1 (No rank 2)

Bonus Rate of Fire - Rank 0 (None, removed)

Scrounger lvl 9 LK 8 1 Doubles the amount of ammo found in random encounters - Rank 1 (Adding from Fallout 1)

Dodger lvl 9 AG 7 (changed from 6) Rank 1,2 (2 ranks instead of 1) each adds +10 to your Armor Class

Toughness - Rank 1 (No rank 2 and 3) +5% to damage resistance (instead of +10%)

Implants Perks - limited to the basic upgrades - 5%

----

Btw just so you know my programming knowledge about scripting and stuff is none, 0, nothing.

So I don't know where, how, etc. etc. to edit any files.

Is there some perk editor perhaps? Something similar to the f2wedit that lets me change/add weapons, armor, FRM's and stuff?

Something that would be very easy to use?

And then when I'm done with all the changes how do I turn it all in to a mod? Is there some program I could use for that too?

2. Ravager

Nov 18, 2008
    Bump.

Anyone? I finally wanna finish that mod I'm making. Does anyone know how to modify those perks? And turn all the changes in to some file or files so it can be installed?

3. Recon Rover Rick

Recon Rover Rick It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 21, 2008
    Duuuuude, take a chill pill man. Might take a couple days before someone that knows posts to this. :P

Sadly, I don't know. :(

4. Nirran

Nirran Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    i told you in emails,i am not gonna write all of a mod and then have you recieve the credit for it,take a while to learn fo2 scripting,some good posts on the subject,it isnt that hard

and not to mention my custom perks mod has all of those things as settings in the ini file,with exception of disabling fast shot perk(and i sent that file to you already),and the 2nd tier of the implants,those arent hard either

Nirran :roll:

5. Ravager

Nov 18, 2008
    Sorry, but you have to understand I have spent hours, days working on the new FRM's, also calculating damage received by the player and NPC's. Making every weapon unique in it's own way. With F2 edit I was able to implement a lot of great changes that make the experience more tactical and challenging, but what stands in my way now are 2 things:

1)Perks.

2)After implementing all the changes how do I make them in to a mod?

Thanks to sir Nirran I have gotten the Gym Mod that he made for me so that's 1 really big problem less. I wish he would help me finish this.

Or if there was perhaps some programs similar to f2edit that can make some changes to the perks and then export them somehow so someone else could add everything to their fallout without much of a problem.

Anyway thanks for the reply. Hopefully there's going to be someone who can help me.

6. Ravager

Nov 18, 2008
    Double post I know.

I never said I wrote the gym mod. I just suggested it, you wrote it. I wasn't ever saying that the mod was made by me only. You have my thanks for making that awesome peace of scripting. It's mostly thanks to you that I keep working. Trying to make the best possible weapon and armor mod.

I have to confess. I suck at scripting.

I don't know what it's about I don't even know how to open up that GL_Fast_Shot.int file....

I never scripted in my life. Where do I even start? I also downloaded your perks, but when I look at them I don't know what to do... Open some file with a text editor?

7. Nirran

Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    ssl files with any text editor,download sfall modders pack and use the script editor,to read the int file it will have to be decompiled,current decompiler on my site and script editor from here

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sfall/

your welcome

Nirran

8. Ravager

Nov 18, 2008
    I got a file named:

GL_Fast_Shot.ssl

And I opened it with a text editor it says:

procedure start;

procedure start
    begin
    if (game_loaded) then begin
    set_perk_name(5, "Bonus Rate of Fire");
    set_perk_desc(5, "");
    set_perk_ranks(5, 100);
    set_perk_level(5, 100);
    set_global_script_repeat(0);
    end
    end

What do I do with it now?

Would I be able to decrease Toughness to 5%, 1 Rank with this?

9. Nirran

Modder

Apr 15, 2007
    iut already works,put the int file in the data\scripts\ folder

Nirran

10. Ravager

Nov 18, 2008
    Oh thx.

One step closer thx to the modder guru.

Do I need to do something similar with the other perks?

Like that Toughness with 1 rank and +5% damage resistance instead of +10% and the special implant Rank 2 perks.

11. Ravager

Nov 18, 2008
    Help... anyone?

12. Ravager

Nov 18, 2008
    Are the perks somewhere in master.dat? > scripts?

13. vad

vad It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 23, 2008
    No, they are hardcoded in game engine.

14. Ravager

Nov 18, 2008
    So how can I edit them? I heard there's some stuff in sfall, but I'm not sure.

15. vad

vad It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 23, 2008
    I don't know how to use sfall. But alternative is to edit fallout2.exe by some hexeditor and it's definitely worse than sfall.
    All I know about perks and engine is from there.

16. Ravager

Nov 18, 2008
    Oh ffs!!! It's been so many hours and I can't do a thing with this. It's frigging impossible. I have no idea how Nirran did that stuff. He must be some kind of a PC mage because I simply has no idea how can I get this done...

Will someone finally help me? I want to get more some sleep this week.