Col. Ghaddafi dead

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Atomkilla, Oct 20, 2011.

1. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    Rebels were asked for it by a foreigners, because nobody was sure if Gaddafi is finally dead. So, they put the body into a freezer, making show for a civilised journalists. (If you want to see some brute savages, put an "Abu Ghraib" string in the Google.)

2. eom

eom Vault Senior Citizen
    Orderite

Feb 16, 2004
    dept of tourism always gotta get in on everything.

3. Ilosar

Ilosar Vault Fossil

Apr 20, 2010
    Yup, the economy has to be revitalized, gotta start somewhere.

And really, with the history Western civilization has regarding revolutions, it's extremely hypocritical to berate the rebels as animals or somesuch. We were no better, worse in some cases. And as pointed out, even today we most definitely are not above torturing people in humiliating fashion, or good ol' cold-blooded execution. The outrage around his death seems to reek of hypocrysy to me, especiallty since the West bombed his palace(s) on more than one occasion, and it's apparently because of a NATO strike that he had to stop his convoy and hide until they showed up to kill him. At least they have stated http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15417911 killing him was unintentional (of which I am a bit dubious, but then again the soldiers on the ground seemed frenzied, and might have ignored orders, which doesn't bode that well for the future), and they intend to bury him properly.

As for Libya's future, I am not overly optimistic too. Tunisia seems to go the democratic way, but it didn't have a full-on revolution, with various armed groups belonging to different factions. Is it 100% sure it will get worse? No. It is more likely than not? Yes, sadly.

4. DammitBoy

DammitBoy Carbon Dated and Proud

Feb 23, 2006
    I'm not cynical, I'm positive.

Libya is going to go in the shitter. Civil war, mass murders, ethnic cleansing, the rise of sharia law and the muslim brotherhood.

I'm positive that's what is going to happen.

5. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
  6. Eternauta

Eternauta It Wandered In From the Wastes

Dec 8, 2010
    The other day I read that Ghaddafi trained the Montoneros (Argentinean revolutionary guerrila) in Lybia ... It sounds a bit too much if you ask me and I think it might be something they made up because our government has people from Montoneros and like-minded people, and we're having elections this very day.

7. DammitBoy

Feb 23, 2006
  8. thegaresexperience

thegaresexperience Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Sep 3, 2010
    Now comes the in-fighting, a possible civil war, over who takes up Gadafhi's throne.

We will see people who once fought side by side shooting at one another due to a difference of opinion.

9. Dalex

Dalex First time out of the vault

Mar 26, 2011
    You sir are 100% or atleast 85% right my own country was pretty screwed up by communism, after the revolution there were no trials, no executions, no punishments at all.
    They kept their money, their pensions all that they denied to those who opposed them.
    Also new gov allowed them to invest and paticipate in privatization, these people ofcourse knew which state owned enterprises have the most value, so they ended better than the common folk and a LOT better then those who they hurt.
    Sometimes (ok most of times) I think it would be better if atleast some of them were executed.

10. TheGM

TheGM The voice of reason

Aug 19, 2008
    The World lost a Clown.

Sure he was murdering Pyscho of a Clown

LIKE THE JOKER!

He though he was not as awesome as The Joker.

Well good thing we have The Republican party to make stupid comments. We might have lost Ghaddfi but we got Herman Cain.

11. Silencer

Silencer Night Watchman Staff Member Admin

Nov 7, 2003
    I'm pretty sure it was Hitlerklön, not Kadafi. (Joking aside, I wouldn't believe anyone before the election. I hardly tend to believe anyone over such matters at all and at all times)

Good thing they are captioned, by the mirror shades alone I thought it was Jaruzelski in 1989.

Liebe Deutsche Freunde, ja, genau, ich wisse dass die Umlaut am oben auser Platz ist ;)

12. Ilosar

Ilosar Vault Fossil

Apr 20, 2010
    You could pretty much apply this picture to any revolution, ever. That said, the extent of it's truth does vary.

13. alec

alec White heterosexual male Orderite

May 21, 2003
    So is it true that he got sodomized before being executed?
    I've been hearing that rumour everywhere.

14. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Maybe with a gun barrel, I can't imagine anyone wanting to put their nob in him.

Gaddafi was reported to have asked his captors "Do you know the difference between right and wrong?", as they smacked the shit out of him...interesting question, considering he had 1000s of Libyans murdered over 40 years. :roll:

15. DammitBoy

Feb 23, 2006
    yeah, there is video out there. They stuck a sharp thin metal rod up his ass.

16. Dr. Combat Shotgun

Dr. Combat Shotgun First time out of the vault

Aug 19, 2010
    At least its convienient for our western governments that poor bastard got shot without a proper trial. Just think all the shit he could have revealed concerning global corporations and governments of the western block... not to mention China or Russia. Just like Saddam got fast sentence, Gaddafi is good riddance too! Guess no-one minds about Syria, though...

17. PainlessDocM

PainlessDocM Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 5, 2010
    Indeed, I wonder how much longer the west will allow Assad to slaughter his own civilians.

18. DammitBoy

Feb 23, 2006
    You think that happened by accident?

19. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    I don't think the men who captured Gaddafi were too concerned with international politics as they dragged him away...under the same circumstances most people would have shot him on the spot. Anyway the men who ran the internal security forces probably have all the information tucked away, and I'm sure they will use it to help bargain for their lives in any future trial. Gaddafi was too caught up in his ridiculous fashions to be running the day to day activity of Libya.

20. DammitBoy

Feb 23, 2006
    Yeah, but the NSA guys who used the drone strike to stop his convoy within striking distance of a group of resistence fighters were very happy to be able to facilitate their meeting which led to his execution.