[Collection] Inventory FRM edits

NovaRain

Casual Modder
Modder
WY4Kt7Q.gif

AK-112 New Version. I tried to make the AK-112 assault rifle look closer to a real-life AK rifle, so I modified the barrel a bit and added a gas tube over it. The result looks somewhat like an AK-105 carbine.

J5S4qcp.gif

AK-112 Long Barrel. My second attempt to make AK-112 look closer to a real-life AK rifle. I extended the barrel and edited the gas tube on my AK-115. Now it looks more like an AK-74 rifle, or the rifle which the female hero is holding in one of FO1 concept arts.

aacVhwY.gif

AKS-112U. Yup, an AKS-74U or "Krinkov" type of modification, obviously.

CaIrbAF.gif

AK-112 Alternative. Yet another variation of my Assault Rifle Remix, based on AKS-112U.

Lamis9q.gif

RPK-112. I extended the barrel even longer, added a bipod, and edited the stock to make it look heavier to create an LMG type weapon.

Download all variations of Assault Rifle Remix.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R47Svmt.gif

A battle rifle of some sort, original concept from Tagaziel's Fallout 2 canon tuning thread. Basically it's just an XL70E3 changed from the bullpup layout to a conventional one. I also added green & orange color lens for the scope, shortened the barrel, and extend the magazine a bit.

Download Battle Rifle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lr4DPml.gif
___
uP2Q2zc.gif

Fallout 2 canon tuning weapon: MAC-27. The replacement for M3A1 "Grease Gun" SMG. Tagaziel's FRM (leftmost) is a tad too compact for my taste, so I made my own variation. I kept the cylindrical look of the receiver, extended the magazine, and added a wooden stock.

Download MAC-27.

eil3tI1.gif
___
Gm923t2.gif

Fallout 2 canon tuning weapon: H&K MP10. The replacement for H&K P90c. Tagaziel's FRM (left) is a bit plain for my taste, so I mixed different parts of x'il's variations to make a more colorful two-tone version.

Download H&K MP10.

En8SnbW.gif
___
I6qwfBs.gif

I tried to add an extended magazine to the hunting rifle. In order not to make the gun look awkward, I removed some strings on the receiver and tweaked the angle of the grip. Later on I cleared all the strings for a cleaned/fully repaired hunting rifle.

Download Hunting Rifle edits.

HZ3nPbd.gif

Just a shortened version of the original Desert Eagle. I took the wider grip from x'il's magnum to make the pistol look heavier.

Download Desert Eagle edits.

pDjMYq8.gif

A double-barreled Pipe Rifle. I got the idea after watching James Bond using a double rifle in Skyfall.
I think it might be a good idea to improve the pipe rifle a bit, to make players more willing to use it in the early stage of the game.

Download Double-barreled Pipe Rifle.

3GTM1HN.gif
___
htJVGqU.gif

Original:
U7p7jcv.gif

My edit:
PK44Lts.gif

Terbitator released a compilation of all weapons he made for EC: Paris in 2011, but the colors didn't completely match Fallout palette. Pixote kindly helped me convert the image with minimal loss of details. I darkened the magazine to prevent it from blending in the background of active item slot, and added scopes with green & orange color lens and a longer barrel.

Download Terbitator's EC: Paris Unnamed SMG/Carbine.

mTU6ZH9.gif

Another edit of weapons from Terbitator for EC: Paris. I added a couple of details and some sort of laser aiming device.

Download Terbitator's EC: Paris Unnamed SMG/Carbine 2.

qF1M5TC.gif

I found the ripped "Fallout 1/2 Armory" Totemic Sanctuary website in one of my old backup HDDs. =Totem= made a GIF image for Zip Gun as a suggestion. It uses a modified 14mm Pistol grip and trigger with a shortened Pipe Rifle barrel. I patched up the back end of the barrel and edited the markings on it a bit.

Download Totem's Zip Gun.

0MVvWDt.gif

A set of metal armor from the Doom mod "Kriegsland".
The torso part of original sprite is a bit dull and doesn't fit very well with the right shoulder. Dreki added some highlights to make the parts look more unified, and I did some touch-ups afterward.

Download Kriegsland Metal Armor

wTqCZ7T.gif

Lexx posted a WIP image of Fallout 4 mod "Wasteland Overhaul" on the NMA discord and piqued my interest. I took the drum magazine used in my AK-112 remix and adjusted its shape to fit the perspective, and Lexx added some shading on it for a more uniform look.

Download Combat Shotgun (Exp. Mag.)

VwOtFKa.gif

Lexx toyed around with the vanilla graphics one day, hand-painted the stock, and changed the barrel to make it not look bent upward. Then I touched up the highlight on the barrel for a more vanilla feel.

Download Mauser Pistol edits.

hy6lorT.gif

I recolored the color stripe on some ammo to yellow for the new "Ball" ammo type. The idea is to have a "standard issue" type of ammo in the game. I also made a .44 Magnum AP like in Fallout Tactics.

Download Ammo edits.

Ml6ztBV.gif

A simple edit that changes the visuals of the 14mm Pistol to be more in line with the 12.7mm Pistol in New Vegas. I cut off the original magazine, patched the trigger guard, and added a baseplate to the grip.

Download alternative 14mm Pistol.

Last edited:
Awesome job. I think I recognize your name from Half life modding sites NovaRain.

Mr.Wolna said:
sry, but that looks not like an AK to me.

The description for the assault rifle of Fallout 1 and 2 calls it the AK-112.

@Pretentious
Thanks. and I never thought I'll be recognized in other forums on the internet, since I'm just a nobody. :)

So, how does this work in-game? I mean, if these are sprites only for someone to add them to a new weapon or will it simply replace the old one?

*EDIT* Awesome work BTW.

Ravager69 said:
So, how does this work in-game? I mean, if these are sprites only for someone to add them to a new weapon or will it simply replace the old one?

*EDIT* Awesome work BTW.
I made and released the sprites as modding materials. I was originally planning to make a simple weapon mod but later dropped the idea.

@Everybody
Thanks for the comments, guys! :D

Sorry for the necro bump, but I've updated all my old FRM edits (AK-112s & G89s) and added some new ones (MAC-27 & MP10 & unnamed rifle) in the first post.
I'd like to know what people think of them, or if anyone could give me some opinions or suggestions of my AKS-112U WIP. :)

I am still a big fan of your art, specially the AK 112s and the mac.
Concerning the last addition, I am not sure this rifle is appropriate for an automatic, it always will be the hunting rifle for me. Can you maybe transform the wood into plastic (black)? Just to check? :D

The hunting rifle could really use getting rid of the damn strings, at least for the scoped version. Suppose you've gone through the trouble of paying $1000 (was it?) to get the scope attached and they couldn't do anything about the strings holding the whole thing together? tsk tsk tsk

On topic: Great work, NovaRain, they all look really nice. 2 small aesthetic comments:

1) The long AK looks a bit too long for the perspective to work - the end of the barrel should look wider (it's pointed slightly towards you)

2) Could you try what the H&K would look like with a little bit less blue and more silver/metallic colour? I never liked that tint - looks a bit like a toy.

I like the H&K and automatic rifle stuff. Guess I will try to add it into my mod somehow. But I don't want to over do stuff with too many weapons, which aren't really needed in the end.

Grayswandir said:
Concerning the last addition, I am not sure this rifle is appropriate for an automatic, it always will be the hunting rifle for me. Can you maybe transform the wood into plastic (black)? Just to check? :D
Hmm, I don't know if this is what you want. I only gray-colored the handguard (extremely cheap solution) and tried to clean the strings a bit, but the WIP doesn't look good... I'll try other edits later. :oops:
r91_fake_wip2.gif

SkuLL said:
1) The long AK looks a bit too long for the perspective to work - the end of the barrel should look wider (it's pointed slightly towards you)
Yes, I noticed this while I was hacking it at the first time. I've already tried to shorten its total length. If I want to try shortening it further, I would probably just scrap it and use the alternative ver. (the one I made at the first place) instead.
I can't find a way to widen the front barrel and make it look nice at the same time (many times it just looks awful), so I gave up and kept it as it is. Honestly I'm not good at artistic works. :(

SkuLL said:
2) Could you try what the H&K would look like with a little bit less blue and more silver/metallic colour? I never liked that tint - looks a bit like a toy.
I think I'll need some help for this, just a color change for the little lens of G89X can take me few hours(!). (Seriously, like I said above.)
Personally I'm fine with its color, just don't buy the "XL70E3" idea.

@Lexx
I know. It would be way too redundant to add all the stuff into the game. The whole AK-112 family idea is simply because I'm an AK lover. :P
Others are because I like Tagaziel's FO2 canon tuning idea and trying to contribute something.

Uh, so no one likes to comment the AK shorties? :lalala:

I'd be willing to help with color changes and/or simple edits if you'd like, I have some decent graphics experience...I'm just new to the Fallout modding scene and therefore don't know if I just need to edit the images you posted or if there is more. Whatever the case I'm sure I can help and I'd like to at least try. :) I'm going to go look for some tutorials/information on this subject in the mean time.

Pretty cool stuff, once again. Love the new weapon looks. Except maybe the H&K P90c, but I never liked that kind of weapon/design for fallout. The automatic rifle is superb.

Re: [WIP] My weapon FRM edits

NovaRain said:
Any comment welcome. :D
good stuff i love it :)

SkuLL said:
The hunting rifle could really use getting rid of the damn strings, at least for the scoped version. Suppose you've gone through the trouble of paying $1000 (was it?) to get the scope attached and they couldn't do anything about the strings holding the whole thing together? tsk tsk tsk

in FO weapon condition do not deteriorate, so its possible to double the amount of available weapons simply by doing the opposite, making a tattered versions that has lower stats.

pelicano said:
Pretty cool stuff, once again. Love the new weapon looks. Except maybe the H&K P90c, but I never liked that kind of weapon/design for fallout.

one of the good thing about FPS that you must have good weapons models, so here is FO3 H&K P90c

btw i never shot a weapon with such a feeder, interesting how it works...

and the rest of the FO3 models

i think they went after the FO:T H&K P90c style

pelicano said:
(...)Except maybe the H&K P90c, but I never liked that kind of weapon/design for fallout. (...)

I agree, and was also bored so i tried making some variations of it:

--- --- ---

Some wacky stuff including a pistol type:

--- ---

@x'il
wow, they all look great! The pistol type looks pretty interesting.
The first 'wacky' one reminds me the MP7 of Half-Life 2.... :P

Back