Could the colt 6520 be a fesable design?

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work; the inventor had a working model fit for trials. It just seems overly complicated. That said, I was always under the impression that the 10mm pistol in the Fallout games was a normal (semi)automatic pistol, similar to a Beretta M92 or JM Browning's .45.

The 10mm in the first 2 Fallout games was this cool but weird magazine fed semi automatic revolver. Look up a picture. When bethesda took over they simplified the 10mm pistol to a normalish looking semi auto pistol that all fallout fans know today. Both pistols do exist in the fallout lore though the one from the 1st games is called the Colt 6520 and was a civilian pistol I believe and the one from the bethesda games is the N99 and is the millitary model 10mm.

i love the design of this pistol. if someone made a real working replica, i'd totally purchase one.

i always wondered if it was magazine fed or not. i think the model in this photo has a latch where it flips open which is neat.

There would be feeding issues due to the revolving cylinder placement and the magazine placement. Move the cylinder up a bit and you could pull it off reasonably.

For the most part yes it could work with that workaround. One such benefit would be its ability to take beefier cartridges which could make 10mm optimal. Given what it is based on you could have a compact, sturdy, magazine fed revolver that would benefit greatly from hand loading. Standard 10mm seems to be loaded for multi-use with the 10mm smg, where as if you loaded it to its higher potential you would have one hell of a gun.

Not that anyone would want to conceal carry that thing.

Nice! I would really love to see someone attempt to make one in real life. It would probably be a pain in the ass to make though seeing as the feeding mechanism would probably be pretty complicated but if anyone was able to accomplish it, it would be the most badass looking pistol ever when firing.

There is a good chance it will never be commercially produced even at a collector item. The reason behind this is the same reason no one will make an G43 or other relic, or odd, firearms as the production would loose money. For instance only recently has a small company taken up producing the STG; with the added bonus of it being in 7.92x33mm, .308, and 5.56x45mm. This is their only product as they only focus on the market that thinks "Hey, I'm okay with spending $1,000 or $2,000 on a limited rifle.", and even then it can still cause them to go bankrupt.

You could have one made for yourself, but be prepared to spend past $10,000 for it to be a good sturdy firearm. The easy part is making the gun, the hard part is making it not break every 100 shots and stay accurate the entire time. Though you might be able to get the civilian market interested in the idea for hunting. Compact magazine fed revolver that can fire beefed up 10mm auto into wild game, or game that attacks you, could be a selling point.

Problem is you have to sell the idea to a company first, and they tend to only work with what makes money. (I.E. see Colt finally working towards becoming profitable again.)

I know I never really ment it to be produced commercially I just wanted someone with free time and the tools to give it a shot and see if they could come up with a working model.

I know I never really ment it to be produced commercially I just wanted someone with free time and the tools to give it a shot and see if they could come up with a working model.
I give this idea a 10/10. I'd buy the fuck out of it. Not just because Its from fallout but also because a unique and cool ass design.

In that article, the first picture's text says everything. Here is what it says translated in the first comment:
picture #1: Engineer Landstad’s “automatic revolver” from 1900, shown at the main arsenal. Only a few rounds where put through it during tests and the revolver was said to be a complete failure. The “automatic revolver” was anyway the first norwegian construction to be tried as an alternative for a future semi auto service pistol. The revolver is stored in England (Dr. Geoffry Sturgess collection and photography)
To be honest I think it wouldn't work very well and quite prone to jamming.

The gun is based on this http://www.goingfaster.com/1986TA/3rdgen1.jpg
Hard boiled, some comic.

In the comic loos like its a revolver and there's no magazine. In fallout, it could be either a revolver or magazine fed...the thing is everyone thinks its magazine because the designers decided that the gun could hold 12 bullets and its called Pistol. Maybe its just a design.

What I think is, looking at the original comic, it looks like it has 2 barrels, meaning if it had a magazine AND a drum, it could have 2 chambers and hold more bullets without the need of connecting the magazine and the drum together. This would mean the pistol should be massive...and as seen it actually is!

What I think is, looking at the original comic, it looks like it has 2 barrels, meaning if it had a magazine AND a drum, it could have 2 chambers and hold more bullets without the need of connecting the magazine and the drum together. This would mean the pistol should be massive...and as seen it actually is!

found this thread of a replica, though it isn't really like the one from that cover

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=85907

looks like its design changes pretty often, still pretty neat though. one of them definitely looks like it has 2 barrels.

i choose revolver because there's less moving part, not because faster reload or complicated firing system

i love the design of this pistol. if someone made a real working replica, i'd totally purchase one.

i always wondered if it was magazine fed or not. i think the model in this photo has a latch where it flips open which is neat.
Betty Creation Club had the 6520 pistol semiautomatic ones (magazine fed), 'cylinder' unit is more or less a cosmetic to 'fool' opponent that the weapon holds less rounds than it actually is. and it works rather like Desert Eagle rather than Browning-based designs.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Classic_10mm_pistol

Is this design canon ones for the 6520?

Betty Creation Club had the 6520 pistol semiautomatic ones (magazine fed), 'cylinder' unit is more or less a cosmetic to 'fool' opponent that the weapon holds less rounds than it actually is. and it works rather like Desert Eagle rather than Browning-based designs.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Classic_10mm_pistol

Is this design canon ones for the 6520?

While that is a nice looking 3d interpretation of the 6520, the description from 1+2 suggests that it is a revolver that is autoloaded from a magazine:
"A Colt 6520 10mm autoloading pistol. Each pull of the trigger will automatically reload the firearm until the magazine is empty."
This design doesn't sound remotely practical to me, though I don't know much about guns.
The 10mm auto pistols in the 3d games are similar only in the ammo they are chambered for and their chunky design.

Weapon description given in Black Isle era doesn't really matches its appearances. In game info said it holds 12 rounds while it looks like the cylinder unit holds 8 rounds :P

and does that means Creation Club interpretation is not canon?

The best part of the Fallout fanbase is the cluelessness with weapons due to many of the gamers never touching a firearm. Did you seriously just ask if Creation Club's interpretation is canon? Dude, do you see detailed breakdowns of Bethesda's weapons in game? Do you think they care? Detroit had fucking pipe guns that were NEVER PROPERLY EXPLAINED. It's like they came out of nowhere and suddenly people just had to have them pipe guns because regular guns were extinct. They give passing mentions to shit and never elaborate. At this rate the BoS stole their symbol from some prewar group due to Fallout 76. Then will any of the shit matter?

1. I've been to the shooting range once. firing SW .38 revolver and a 9mm Parabellum pistol made by SW.
2. Pipe Revolver doesn't seems to be practical. it lacks of breech plate that keeps ammo inside cylinder, without it, recoil would kick all ammo off.

1. I've been to the shooting range once. firing SW .38 revolver and a 9mm Parabellum pistol made by SW.
2. Pipe Revolver doesn't seems to be practical. it lacks of breech plate that keeps ammo inside cylinder, without it, recoil would kick all ammo off.
I'm not talking about you anyway. I just see a lot of gun debate when so many developers just don't give a shit or don't have the time to worry about such things like with Tactics...Plus Bethesda and Black Isle had a totally different idea on what shit looked like so it is all a big circle jerk in regards to why did this look different in this game? type stuff.

Back