Custom Art Repository

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Dude101, May 1, 2008.

1. Wasteland Ghost

Wasteland Ghost Still Mildly Glowing

Sep 20, 2005
    I already gave Dude101 permission to use TeamX art. As for other russian modders I can say one: keep the authorship, that's all. I've never heard of any modder, who'd refuse to share his or her work with the rest of the community. After the mod is released anyone may use it's resources while they don't try to appropriate it and pretend they are the authors. But that's definitely is not the case here. :)

2. Karel

Karel Still Mildly Glowing

Jan 21, 2006
    It's not about permissions (* , it's about courtesy - it should be known who created the art, that's all. I have put "no random images from the internet" to prevent anybody uploading e.g. Bethesda's images (which would be a problem). I have changed the rules to signify that you can upload others' art if you attribute it to them, but you shouldn't upload anything with commercial copyright.

(* Well, yes, in the Czech Republic, there is no "public domain", nobody can be "ripped of" his / her authorship (and responsibility, so disclaimers are problematic for freeware). However, this was not the main reason for the rules, they were based on my knowledge of Czech laws (where the server is currently located) and vague knowledge of American laws (where the website may be relocated and from where comes the biggest threat like copyright-savvy companies).

3. To_an

To_an First time out of the vault

Jun 25, 2004
    @To Karel,
    I have made some others test to this web site.

- I am not sure if the "create account" is functional ?
    - I've got an sql warning each time i preview my post (when making a generic fallout art and uploading a gif picture). The warning doesn't appear when i click on the save button.

- The "foo" method is more nice, at least for me :wink: . But maybe more sensitive to spam bots attempt ?
    - Could you add a "generic item" under Item Type ?

4. Karel

Jan 21, 2006
    Should be, several people registered and successfully logged in.
    I will have a look at that.

It is quite vulnerable, at least to "human" spam - people manually submitting spam, but I will keep "foo" as long as nothing happens.

Done.

5. Glowing Ghouls

Glowing Ghouls First time out of the vault

Jul 5, 2008
    I remember when I lurked a few years ago some guy made a lightsaber .frm file. Did that ever get used ?

6. Jesterka

Jesterka Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Mar 16, 2006
    Hey guys, it's really, really cool that you're uploading various stuff so furiously (although MadBrahmin "boss", Ratman, does think something completely different, since he find out this whole thing not until this morning :lol:), but please do not call that Sirren's critter thing Molech, 'cause it's not and didn't initially suppose to be either.
    Me and Sirren agreed on that he'll try to make a Gehenna, but (unlike majority of his great works) I was never really pleased, simply because it never looked like a Gehenna. Thus Sirren made the critter public or headed directly to the MR guys, not sure, it's his work and his decision anyway. But who on earth beginned to call it Molech? Who the fuck? It's so toddhowardish. :wink:

7. RatmanCZ

RatmanCZ First time out of the vault

Feb 21, 2008
    Well, I have no problem with it. I´m glad to see something like this site because that kind of WWW is really needed but you could tell me about it :roll:

8. Jesterka

Mar 16, 2006
    Didn't know about / didn't watch this thread. :wink:

9. Karel

Jan 21, 2006
    And I thought you guys told each other about the "project" :lol:

10. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    I posted this already in the comments, but it seems not to be there, so I post here again.

The girl critter

In the description it says, that Lisac2k's critter is lost and this was recreated by Siren. But Lisac's critter isn't lost because 1. I still have the frms and 2. it is also includet in Shattered Destiny.

Or did I missed something?

11. Karel

Jan 21, 2006
    Fixed permissions: anonymous users may now post comments without approval (they weren't lost, just hidden).

12. Sirren67

Sirren67 Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Dec 7, 2004
    Hi Karel.
    No, I remade that critter, but the one which is distributed was actually made again by Lisac2k.
    And just for the record: I started modding again...
    See you.

13. Jesterka

Mar 16, 2006
    Well, that's verily the best Fallout-related news of this day, Sirren. :wink:

14. Karel

Jan 21, 2006
    Note on progress: I fixed (hopefully :smile: ) last flaw - spammers were able to skip captcha by posting just images (which resulted in several thousand spam posts).

15. Oleg1969

Oleg1969 First time out of the vault

Nov 30, 2007
    Why I do not see FRM-s

Why I do not see FRM-s?

16. To_an

To_an First time out of the vault

Jun 25, 2004
    No matter what i make, i couldn't login. Requesting a new password with either my "nickname" or my mail doesn't work - maybe because it's an hotmail account ?

And it's true, we couldn't see anymore content created by users ?

17. Dude101

Dude101 Vault Fossil
    Modder

Aug 3, 2005
    Um yeah, everything does appear to be blank! I am glad I have not had the time to start uploading stuff yet!

18. Karel

Jan 21, 2006
    Technically, the content did not disappear, I can still see it, just the permissions are weird, I°m not sure why normal users cannot access it.

I will try to fix the problem next week as soon as I get home. I°m sorry for any inconvinience (and my spelling, no spell checker here :lol: )

19. Jager2

Jager2 First time out of the vault

Aug 19, 2008
    Hey, I have some weapon .frms I've made from somewhat random google image searches that turned out really well. They're just inventory shots, but I think they're nice. Really got down there in Photoshop and did some per-pixel editing to get those borders looking good. Wouldn't mind sharing them, but the site appears to be down. :(

20. Karel

Jan 21, 2006
    So, I fixed the site (again). The problem: around end of July, several spam robots found that you didn't have to pass CAPTCHA to post an image, so at the beginning of August, I found about 20 000 spam images. During the cleanup, I probably accidentally cleaned a few more database tables than needed, so regular users couldn't see nor upload new content.

I restored the site from database backup from 20/7/2008 (last non-spam content was posted ten days before that, spam started slightly later, so the only missing thing is one comment and probably two or three user accounts - nothing worth recovering from later massive "backups of spam". Everything should be OK (which doesn't mean that it is OK :lol: ).