Democracy sucks ass.

DirtyDreamDesigner said:
Secondly, Ratty, you egocentric maniac I'm not talking about that dumbshit running Zagreb (who cares about Zagreb anyway)
I'm talking about Mr. Branimir Glavas, a man compared to whom Bandic is a fucking daisy. In his 15 (fifteen) years of fascist, nationalist cowboying in my county he managed to cripple the entire economy for a third of Croatia, stole from every big business, during the war was personally responsible for the fall of several villages and towns, ordered the destruction and looting of Serb properties (at the least), destroyed the city bridge and other places outside of the city in fear of invasion and blamed others, has changed the directors of the courts, police, local administration etc. and many other bad, bad things. Also, no strokes for him, the motherfucker is probably immortal.
Oh, you were talking about Glavas. I agree, that man is an uneducated, primitive, vindictive, sadistic and homicidal barbarian and psychopath responsible for almost every bad thing that happened in eastern Slavonia in the past 15 years, including, but not limited to, corruption, war crimes, persecutions, defamations, nepotism, assassinations and just about any despicable deed anyone can imagine. His impressive resume contains incidents such as storming into a local TV station with a Kalashnykov to pressure them into becoming loud media advocates of his policies, removal of over 300 public officials and directors of state-owned firms using despicable and utterly unacceptable methods such as threats, blackmail, ostracizing, public defamation, arbitrary arrests and framed legal processes, sponsoring and even actively participating in collective thefts of every state-owned company that exists or has existed in Osijek county, wartime destruction and mass slaughter of populations of entire villages, orchestrating persecutions and murders of Osijek intellectuals, ordering assassination of wartime chief of police in Osijek, influencing outcomes of trials through violence and death threats, abusing members of parliament both verbally and physically, and many other criminal actions. But despite the fact that his modus operandi and lack of integrity have been well-known for years now and reliable evidence exists of his involvement in every scandal and every criminal activity attributed to him, he remains untouchable for judicial organs and popular among the public. His election victory is a slap in the face of democracy and legality, and anyone with slightest trace of reason and civil awareness would rather be caught naked in Elton John's bathroom than willingly vote for that murderous neofascist. However, it seems that all non-idiotic voters decided to stay home yesterday, so the fate of Osijek was determined by a small, but vocal minority of right-wing morons. Delenda est Carthago...

perhaps you should run for president then lol you write so many words its like whoa just take the first word of every sentence instead jeez

Fuck an A. There are three threads going on at once here.

The topic of this thread is...Croatia, I guess. Stick to that topic and take everything else to another thread.

And question, lay off the 'luuds, will you?

Neither USA nor any other state has a
real democracy.

Only a "direct democracy" is a real one.
And maybe the only one working.
The "parliamentary democracy" is too much affected
by corruption. And it provides no real alternatives in
case of election.

How many powerful parties to you have in USA? Two?!
Repuplican and Democrats?! Is there a huge difference them?!
Not really?! Same goes to other political parties, coalitions
and opposition in other countries with a "parliamentary
democracy".

"Money rules the world and policy is only a kind of business."

the_move said:
How many powerful parties to you have in USA? Two?!
Repuplican and Democrats?! Is there a huge difference them?!
Not really?! Same goes to other political parties, coalitions
and opposition in other countries with a "parliamentary
democracy".

Uhm...there're actually more countries that use direct representative democracy than the electoral college, like the USA. I don't think you can compare every country's parliament to that of the US like that

'Direct democracy' is a bit difficult to apply to 300 million people.

Kharn said:
Uhm...there're actually more countries that use direct representative democracy than the electoral college, like the USA. I don't think you can compare every country's parliament to that of the US like that

Excuse me, but what is a "direct, represantative democracy".
Both adjectives are controverse.

Direct democracy means, the people rule. No representatives!
And if there are representative in a direct democracy, they
have to be strictly bound to the people's instructions unlike it is
now, where they can do what ever them pleases to.

The Swiss have some parts of a direct democracy as they have "referendum", but that's about it.

Wooz said:
'Direct democracy' is a bit difficult to apply to 300 million people.

As long as there is not as much money spent into advertisments
as during the elections I think this can be done.

Besides the elections are also applied to 300 million people.
So they could also do a referendum in that size it seems,
especially with much less prelude and advertising.

You're missing the point which is even if you do have "direct democracy" you'd still get inbred, uneducated, illiterate assholes deciding who runs a country. It's happening more and more around the world.

Stupid people should be prevented from voting or their influence on the said outcome should somehow be hindered!

DirtyDreamDesigner said:
You're missing the point which is even if you do have "direct democracy" you'd still get inbred, uneducated, illiterate assholes deciding who runs a country. It's happening more and more around the world.
Stupid people should be prevented from voting or their influence on the said outcome should somehow be hindered!

Well, actually rich people rule this world. May they be dumb or
not. One things for sure, most of them are greedy. The 3 Billion
poorest people together have as much money as the 400 richest
families. You maybe now see what power is held by so few.
The industrials and shareholders of today are of the same kind
like the monarchs at the french revolution. They lost the ground
below they feet. Greed! That is the asshole, killing our societies.

In case of stupid people voting, you know masses of people
are considered stupid, while only individuals are considered
being intelligent.
I think at least that if the people of a country could directly
decide about a political matter, there would be a larger group
voting for the better way. Better for their country.

the_move said:
Excuse me, but what is a "direct, represantative democracy".
Both adjectives are controverse.

Direct democracy means, the people rule. No representatives!
And if there are representative in a direct democracy, they
have to be strictly bound to the people's instructions unlike it is
now, where they can do what ever them pleases to.

The Swiss have some parts of a direct democracy as they have "referendum", but that's about it.

Direct representative means the number of seats in the house of representatives is directly representative of the number of people voting for the person/party, whereas in America the number of seats are mostly representative of the numer of people in the State or, in case of the Senate, of the very existence of the State.

Say Holland has 15 million people and a parliament of 150 people. If all people could and would vote (which isn't true), that'd mean 100,000 votes result in 1 seat.

The difference between this and the American system, where no matter what the winner gets two seats in the Senate (for instance), should be obvious

And don't double-post. Use edit.

Now comes the big question. Do those "direct" representatives
really represent the will of those, which elected them?
Those who made them a representative? Do they even have
to? Are they forced to by law?

I don´t think so, coz thinks would run differently then.

Well, actually rich people rule this world. May they be dumb or
not. The 3 Billion poorest people together have as much money as
the 400 richest families. You maybe now see what power is held
by so few.

I never said stupid people rule the world, I said that they decide the outcomes of a vote.

In case of Stupid people voting, you know masses of people
are considered stupid, while only individuals are considered
being intelligent.

So? That's exactly why stupid people shouldn't get so many votes.

I think at least that if the people of a country could directly
decide about a political matter, there would be a larger group
voting for the better way. Better for their country.

No there wouldn't. It would be the loudest group voting on topics they don't fully comprehend or for candidates they know nothing of except that they have nice suits and a nice smile. Smart people often refrain from voting because they (correctly) recognise all candidates and/or political options to be flawed and/or corrupt thus refusing to choose a lesser of two evils. See where I'm going with this? Stupid people do the voting, evil people do the ruling. And you can't force smart people to vote, if you did it wouldn't be democracy.

Well then, maybe humanity in generell is not ripe for
policy, according to your remarks.

Anyway, I still have the opinion, that a real direct democracy
is the better way.

perhaps you dont understand humanity the way me and the move do dirtydreamdesigner. are you saying tsunami was stupid huh? do you want nature to rule the world? well go hug a tree mate, democracy has no room for anarchists.

DirtyDreamDesigner said:
I know that it isn't.

Well then! Do you also know the people, who are already
intelligent enough to do policy?
Or what alternative do you see?
As for me, I do not like neither monarchy nor dictatorship.
Germany already ran through a dictatorship not a while back
and we all know what became to the monarchs in france.
Greedy, then headless!
And what the monarchs where in the past,
the "bourgeouis" have become now at the present.

And I do not like the thought to live under such regencies, either.

the_move said:

Of course they have to.

Every seat represents the mean of the will of the 100,000 people that voted for the person sitting in it. Makes sense, doesn't it? Since you can't represent every voice individually, you just represent the averages of the voices.

the_move said:
As long as there is not as much money spent into advertisments
as during the elections I think this can be done.

Besides the elections are also applied to 300 million people.
So they could also do a referendum in that size it seems,
especially with much less prelude and advertising.

But a direct democracy implies everyone has to decide on every small issue. Do you even comprehend what that entails?

of course i do. thats called COMMUNISM!

why cant there be a middleground where theres people in power but you could like choose them or something

Kharn said:
the_move said:
Of course they have to.

Not here in Germany. Here they are not bound to any instructions
of their voters. Only to their own conscience! This is fixed
in the law.

Kharn said:
But a direct democracy implies everyone has to decide on every small issue. Do you even comprehend what that entails?

Yes! A lot of referendums. But the small parts regarding a
community should become a federal issue.

Back