Diplomatic Character

chaosapiant

It Wandered In From the Wastes
I know it CAN be done, i'm just wonderinf if anyone has tried making a purely diplomatic character in F3. I'm thinking of starting a 4th character and trying to get by on just social skills and possibly sneaking.

I don't think you'll be able to pass through the whatever-tunnels form the purifier to the BoS Citadel without combat because the doctor won't follow you, you will not be able to enter GNR without killing the behemoth, Vault 87(86?) will be very annoying because you'll have to run like hell.

I guess your only chance is getting Jericho(that merc guy from megaton, im not sure about his name), so be ready to steal lots of random stuff.

You also have to clean up (kill all mutants) the way for your dad and scientists in the jefferson memorial, where the purifier is.

No it can't.
Aside from the points where you're forced into fighting, you can't make a diplomatic character because there are about a few dozen speech options in the game that really don't make much of a difference, and considering the fact that some of the quests are failed when you attack people that would otherwise seem like viable targets to in fact end the quest (like the stupid vampire one), diplomacy is already a forced aspect for any character, making it much less gratifying to play a diplomatic character.

Not to mention that all the speech options don't lend themselves to actually changing anything beyond a few arbitrary factors, thus the entire venture is pointless, and you're looking at a twenty hour plus game here, so it isn't like a no bullet-time Max Payne run or anything, it's hours of pointless boredom and running that will all be for naught when you're forced to kill things in the main storyline anyways.

Diplomatic characters don't exist in Fallout 3, that's why you can't make one, to be concise.

Well, i'm gonna give it a try and see how much I can stay in character. I'm not TOO worried about side quests, since in real life a diplomat would just go "no, I can't do that, sorry." We'll see, thanks for the help!!!

Well, you could use a mesmetron. Just for the heck of it, I went through the entire level of Raven Rock not killing a single Enclave member and just mezzed them and use the slave collar glitch to make them all friendly.

TamaNeko said:
Well, you could use a mesmetron. Just for the heck of it, I went through the entire level of Raven Rock not killing a single Enclave member and just mezzed them and use the slave collar glitch to make them all friendly.
Reminds me of the time I tried mezzing all inhabitants of Rivet City, when I just got the Mesmetron. Never seen that much heads explode outside V.A.T.S. :lol:

Turns out, it's not really viable! I am still making my character expand on all his non weapon skills, and not touching my guns skills, but it still requires combat. Biscuit feet!

Ha! I did it. Took a lot of sneaking about and getting a few companions, but I did it. I first snuck through Vault 101. I got Jericho to follow me about, had to steal a lot of stuff though. I then did a shortcut to Vault 112(?). Rescued Dad, went to Project Purity, Jericho killed shit, I escaped. Grabbed some Enclave PA to use. Then went back to Megaton, fixed bomb, got house, got water, gave beggar water and became good.

Then I did Vault 82, snuck through, got Fawkes to kill stuff, snuck through Raven Rock, and picked up Fawkes. Went to Citadel, did Take It Back! Convinced Autumn to go piss off. Sacrificed self.

Only thing I killed was that tutorial roach. My skills were Speech, Sneak, Lockpick, and I also put points in Barter, to get more money from the stuff I stole. Can't remember my attributes. Oh well. It's not impossible to be a Pacifist. You just got to save before chatting up each character and before each long-winded wasteland trek. Makes it easier.

Back