Does the super sledge make any sense?

Too big.

Belive it or not, giant mauls are terrible weapons, if you're super strong, you can just swing a normal weapon even FASTER and deal more damage, faster.
Those are weapons for 40k's Spess Mehreens, though. Of course they're 'too big' for a normal guy in Fallout's version of Power Armor :P

I'm merely posting those referring to your post about a super warhammer having sciency shit/batteries on it.

Those are weapons for 40k's Spess Mehreens, though. Of course they're 'too big' for a normal guy in Fallout's version of Power Armor :P

I'm merely posting those referring to your post about a super warhammer having sciency shit/batteries on it.

I mean even for space marines, logically it'd be less useful than a properaly proportioned weapon.

More likely for melee they'd use bayonets and spears or something.

I mean even for space marines, logically it'd be less useful than a properaly proportioned weapon.

More likely for melee they'd use bayonets and spears or something.
.....are you familiar with 40k's Space Marines? Their biology? Also, Terminator suit?

.....are you familiar with 40k's Space Marines? Their biology? Also, Terminator suit?

Yes, yes I am.

That doesn't stop logic from taking place.

Momentum still exists, ergo a grossly oversized weapon isn't going to be as useful as a smaller one.

Its why even if you're superhuman, a buster sword is a useless wepaon.

Yes, yes I am.

That doesn't stop logic from taking place.

Momentum still exists, ergo a grossly oversized weapon isn't going to be as useful as a smaller one.

Its why even if you're superhuman, a buster sword is a useless wepaon.
Uhh.... did you see the size of the Space Marines?
w4sTKeI.jpg

Not to mention, in Terminator armor one of the thunder hammer would look like a blacksmith's hammer in their hand. I think it's futile to talk about proportionality in Warhammer 40k, and no known weapon is 'grossly oversized' in 40k Universe, for a Space Marine that is. The 'grossly oversized weapons' were reserved for The Dreadnoughts and the Imperial Titans.

Uhh.... did you see the size of the Space Marines?
w4sTKeI.jpg

Not to mention, in Terminator armor one of the thunder hammer would look like a blacksmith's hammer in their hand. I think it's futile to talk about proportionality in Warhammer 40k, and no known weapon is 'grossly oversized' in 40k Universe, for a Space Marine that is. The 'grossly oversized weapons' were reserved for The Dreadnoughts and the Imperial Titans.

The shape of a warhammer head should be small and dense, not giant like thunder hammers.

Logically yes, but I don't see the BoS as being all that logical. A round headed mace though isn't a bad design though. It ensures that you always strike with a relatively small, but properly angled striking surface. So your form is less restricted that way. Which makes it more versatile. So I guess they should have renamed it, but I guess super mace doesn't have quite have the same ring to it.

Logically yes, but I don't see the BoS as being all that logical. A round headed mace though isn't a bad design though. It ensures that you always strike with a relatively small, but properly angled striking surface. So your form is less restricted that way. Which makes it more versatile. So I guess they should have renamed it, but I guess super mace doesn't have quite have the same ring to it.

Blunt weapons are amazing against armour, mashing plates and breaking bones.

But the best melee weapons in general are spears, pikes, and polearms.

Blunt weapons are amazing against armour, mashing plates and breaking bones.

Yeah, I've always wondered why they didn't make a spear. Not much point in slashing in any situation I can imagine them being in, and thrusts penetrate armor a lot easier. In a world that barely has doctors the bar for lethal should be quite low. A single dirty cut would do it, or any kind of substantial blood loss.

Not to mention, in Terminator armor one of the thunder hammer would look like a blacksmith's hammer in their hand.
Blacksmith hammer aren't that big.

It depends of the context. Around the NCR, where firearms are relatively common, they would be pretty useless (in particular for the pikes that only work in a formation, which leave you vulnerable to gun fire, spear and polearms are more flexible in their usage, and would work fine in a tribal setting). I'd say the sword, and saber would be the best melee weapon.

Yeah, I've always wondered why they didn't make a spear. Not much point in slashing in any situation I can imagine them being in, and thrusts penetrate armor a lot easier. In a world that barely has doctors the bar for lethal should be quite low. A single dirty cut would do it, or any kind of substantial blood loss.

One word.

Stimpack.
It depends of the context. Around the NCR, where firearms are relatively common, they would be pretty useless (in particular for the pikes that only work in a formation, which leave you vulnerable to gun fire, spear and polearms are more flexible in their usage, and would work fine in a tribal setting). I'd say the sword, and saber would be the best melee weapon.

The single best melee weapon 1v1 is a polearm, end of story.

be it polehammer, poleaxe, spear, etc.

Pikes are for formations, true, but its not like everyone has guns in Fallout, tribes, etc.

The single best melee weapon 1v1 is a polearm, end of story.
It depends. If your main weapon is a melee weapon, sure polearms are great in formation, skirmish, or duel.

But in the case where your main weapon is a range weapon, such as a bow, crowsbow, sling, or a gun, you're better off with a smaller one that can be worn.

It depends. If your main weapon is a melee weapon, sure polearms are great in formation, skirmish, or duel.

But in the case where your main weapon is a range weapon, such as a bow, crowsbow, sling, or a gun, you're better off with a smaller one that can be worn.

True, if your secondary weapon is melee, a sword, sabre, etc is more reasonable.

But if you're in melee and your ranged failed like shit, you're fucked. XD

One word.

Stimpack.

Yeah but so many people don't have 'em. That or the magic loot fairy that steals everyone's ammo and other shit I know they had, before I can check their corpses, steals those too. I've never been all that clear on why they developed 'never go stale blood packs' if a stimpak can replace your blood. Or how anything that also treats infections doesn't eventually lead to antimicrobial resistance. Either way I imagine blood loss and infection would be a common cause of death for wastelanders.

Has anyone here stopped to maybe, possibly, kind of consider the possibility that:

1. The super sledgehammer, as the name suggests, is not a purpose-built weapon, but an engineering tool. Consider the circumstances of the Great War and the degeneration into trench warfare. Its use on soft targets is not the intended purpose (but it's still effective).

2. The Brotherhood of Steel manufactured the ones in Fo1/Fo2, but didn't explicitly design them (because they preserve knowledge, rather than create it anew; even Vree's newly designed laser pistol is actually a rebuilt Wattz 1000).

1. The super sledgehammer, as the name suggests, is not a purpose-built weapon, but an engineering tool. Consider the circumstances of the Great War and the degeneration into trench warfare. Its use on soft targets is not the intended purpose (but it's still effective).
Odd that 4's super sledge seems like a jury-rigged weapon that would break after the first few hits rather than a proper tool. Plus you'll ruin a perfectly good sledgehammer by strapping on all those things and converting a useful tool into a mashed together make-shift weapon. Sure, it looks like something people would make in the post-apocalypse but I doubt it that 4's super sledge would be a viable weapon in the long term especially with the flimsy handle in mind. Arms would be broken and handles would snap.

At least 3's super sledge has a proper handle. Even if it barely resembles a hammer (it looks more like a club to me). That one looked like a legit weapon (even with design flaws pointed out by @Risewild earlier) while classic super sledges do look to be proper mixes of weapon & tool (though the BoS may have produced their own versions).

2. The Brotherhood of Steel manufactured the ones in Fo1/Fo2, but didn't explicitly design them (because they preserve knowledge, rather than create it anew; even Vree's newly designed laser pistol is actually a rebuilt Wattz 1000).
That is a legit possibility tbh. Brotherhood are preservationists after all.

Has anyone here stopped to maybe, possibly, kind of consider the possibility that:

Indeed. Not that I'd see many opportunities to use such a powered hand-held hammer in construction or anywhere since there are construction machines that can do it better, but yeah, that's what I always thought of it, too.
Yes, that came up on the first page.

Indeed. Not that I'd see many opportunities to use such a powered hand-held hammer in construction or anywhere since there are construction machines that can do it better, but yeah, that's what I always thought of it, too.

Sure. But when you're breaking through enemy fortifications, it can be a useful tool for making your own entrances, rather than waiting for a dozer to come up (especially in a world where vehicles are increasingly scarce and precious).

Yes, that came up on the first page.

Good to know. All is not lost, then.

Sure. But when you're breaking through enemy fortifications, it can be a useful tool for making your own entrances, rather than waiting for a dozer to come up (especially in a world where vehicles are increasingly scarce and precious).
Sure, it's certainly useful in the world of Fallout, either as a tool or a weapon. It's just not something I'd expect to see on a construction site (or anywhere) in the real world.

Back