Dragon Age or Mass Effect 2?

PastaMasta said:
I bought mass effect and i'm having alot of fun with it. Thanks for all your replies fellas, you've been pretty helpful. :D

So how much progress have you made so far, and what do you think of the action part?

The Dutch Ghost said:
PastaMasta said:
I bought mass effect and i'm having alot of fun with it. Thanks for all your replies fellas, you've been pretty helpful. :D

So how much progress have you made so far, and what do you think of the action part?
It's definately most part a straight up shooter and not the RPG I was expecting. I'm at the part where the normandy is attacked by the collectors, which was pretty awesome. I've clocked in about 10 hours of the game. Dragon Age probably would have been the better choice but still whatever, it was worth the money in my opinion. :)

From what I understand, Dragon Age Origins at some point would simply becomes a dungeon fest, just wandering around and killing things.

What would be the difference with ME2 some might ask.

Well I think from the get go it was more clear that ME2 wasn't pretending to be a RPG anymore, more like an action adventure game with stat elements.

Under a RPG I would have expected more paths to the same goal; action, stealth, diplomacy.
Mind you, I have not played DA: O, but I read in other people's opinions that at the end it simply becomes hack and slash while may have more alternative paths in the beginning or middle of the game.

Dragon Age Origins at some point would simply becomes a dungeon fest

I don't think the problem is so much this (hell, every Bioware game does it at some point), but that the side-quests are boring and have pretty much no effect on the rest of the game. Not only that, but they also rarely even provide good loot, which sort of kills the incentive for doing them. I mean, WTH was up with the 6-revenants-quest that offers NO reward?? Also, MMO-like %chance drops are ghey.

The main story dungeons, at least, were pretty well-constructed and not that long and boring, except maybe Orzammar.

Back