Dwarf are really a new species in Fallout?

Discussion in 'General Fallout Discussion' started by Cobra Commander, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Dec 6, 2016
    We can see a bunch of them in 1 and 2, but none in others games.

Wikia say that they are a new specie

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Dwarf

Do you think that's right, or are they just normal real life dwarfs?

2. Gizmojunk

Gizmojunk So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Nov 26, 2007
    I'd assume them just regular people with the condition; and not vaguely Scottish mesomorphs.

3. Mr Fish

Mr Fish ...The pain of being dead...

Sep 11, 2010
    They're S'Lanter in skinsuits.

4. Risewild

Risewild Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    If they are just normal real life ones, they are ripped as hell.
    Also real life ones tend to have a bigger head proportionate to the body than "normal" people do, but Fallout ones the head seems normal proportionate to their body.
    I always assumed that with the radiation around, some people are born with some mutations and those dwarves are a specific mutation they are born with. After all, I never saw a tribe or settlement composed of only them, if they were a race, they would most likely have communities of mainly them (like Ghouls, Super Mutants, Humans, Deathclaws, etc).

Also since the wikia is written by normal people, don't take what it says seriously unless they have good sources for what they say. If there isn't a reliable source, then doubt it.

5. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake. Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    I think they're just normal real life dwarves. Most post-apocalyptic movies have established that "radiation = more dwarves", so Fallout having more of them makes sense.
    The newer games probably didn't show them because of engine issues.