Fallout Tactics mod Equilibrium (2.2)

Hi! I have encountered a weird problem. My perks do not work as in their description. For example More criticsls according to raics changelist should give +10% crit chance but i only get +5% as in native. Awareness should give +5% crit chance but i get none. So all my perks give stats as in native despite their changed description.

I have GOG Fallout Tactics v. 2.1.0.12. I downloaded Redux from moddb https://www.moddb.com/mods/fallout-tactics-redux and unpacked all files into game directory overwriting the originals. Then i downloaded Equilibrium from moddb https://www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux/downloads/equilibrium-v20-final and unpacked all files into game directory overwriting the originals.

What have i done wrong? A little help will be appreciated.

I only have the Equilibrium mod in there it works well, maybe the Problem is that you mixed the 2 mods and now the game is corrupted.

@raics Thank you for this Mod i had many fun to play . And Thank you that i can use things from your mod for my own.

What have i done wrong? A little help will be appreciated.
The perk changes, hi-res support and some other fixes are all in the exe file, so you have to use the one supplied in the mod. It's worth noting that if you took a perk with the old exe that's supposed to give you, say, 5AC but it didn't, and then update your exe so the perk works properly, you character won't get updated, it will be missing 5AC. If that happened, you should either restart from the beginning or use a character editor to add the missing stats.

The perk changes, hi-res support and some other fixes are all in the exe file, so you have to use the one supplied in the mod. It's worth noting that if you took a perk with the old exe that's supposed to give you, say, 5AC but it didn't, and then update your exe so the perk works properly, you character won't get updated, it will be missing 5AC. If that happened, you should either restart from the beginning or use a character editor to add the missing stats.

I was using the TacticsLauncher to start. Starting the game directly from BOS.exe fixed the problem. Many thanks!

Also is there a character editor that lets you edit party members stats? Bosche is only for main character.

@raics

Have you the sprites items like weapons etc. In other format, when i take them from the folder and convert them to fallout 2, they lose frames and color.

I like your mod very much and will make a same thing for Fallout 2.

@raics

Have you the sprites items like weapons etc. In other format, when i take them from the folder and convert them to fallout 2, they lose frames and color.

I like your mod very much and will make a same thing for Fallout 2.
I could send you everything as PNG images, 130x60, 65x30 and the ground sprite, would that work? Got them in BMP too but they were made specifically for FOT so I don't know if FO2 sprite editors would work with them, haven't tried.

I could send you everything as PNG images, 130x60, 65x30 and the ground sprite, would that work? Got them in BMP too but they were made specifically for FOT so I don't know if FO2 sprite editors would work with them, haven't tried.

I think the PNG images would work, i need the Weapons, Ammo, Drugs,Armor and Misc PNG.

I think the PNG images would work, i need the Weapons, Ammo, Drugs,Armor and Misc PNG.
Right, here's the pack then, if it isn't in here it means it's from Redux and you'll have to ask Endocore for permission. There are some sprites in there I made but never used for this reason or the other and also some alternative versions.

Right, here's the pack then, if it isn't in here it means it's from Redux and you'll have to ask Endocore for permission. There are some sprites in there I made but never used for this reason or the other and also some alternative versions.

Thank you for the Files raics. I look at them when are some files missing, i ask Endocore.

Hi, I've tried sending the comment on moddb, but I've seen you don't like that channel, so I've registered here, just to let you know that this mod is absolutely amazing. I'm playing on tough guy and normal an love it after 4 missions (I'm currently after Preoria, skipped Macomb).

I need some advice however: I've had some bad experience with the balance of the redux, as in Vanilla I used to take Tag for almost all team to prepare it for fighting robots with energy weapons. After I did the same in Redux I dropped the game around mission 15, when I've realised that those perks and skill were wasted, as that wasn't much more efficient than small and heavy weapons.

As you've mostly done a rebalance, could you tell me which approach is more valid? Is it worth in equilibrium to go nearly full energy weapons after encountering robots? Should my snipers switch to laser rifle untill they find Gauss one? If 50BMG is just as effective against clankers, will there be enough off it to feed all my 3 snipers? I'm playing on tough guy and strategy to shoot from a safe distance is very convinient (yet impossible with the ammo scarcity in the mod so far). I really would like to avoid re-doing 3 or 4 missions on tough guy just because I didn't know how is the stuff balanced.

I have one comlaint though, on the ammo scarcity, I think it went to far in case of 44 for Winchester. I'm really running out of it quickly. I also have to be very picky with other kinds (9mm excluded), as I barely find anything. At the same time, a raider is OK to send 20 or 30 bursts from M16 into me, which translates to something around 150 bullets, which is more then I find in a whole mission. It really breaks the immersion, if they have a lot of ammo they should carry a lot, if they have little ammo, then they shouldn't waste it trying to shoot with a burst something they can't hit in 20 tries. It was similar in Vanilla, but here it's much, much worse. I've seen the readme saying that there is less ammo and "I might have to buy some" but this is much, much further than that.

And to finish it up I get a quater master with 20 bullets. He has 20 metal armors, easy, but just as many bullets. It even got me thinking, do you have some grudge against snipers?

Hi, I've tried sending the comment on moddb, but I've seen you don't like that channel, so I've registered here, just to let you know that this mod is absolutely amazing. I'm playing on tough guy and normal an love it after 4 missions (I'm currently after Preoria, skipped Macomb).

I need some advice however: I've had some bad experience with the balance of the redux, as in Vanilla I used to take Tag for almost all team to prepare it for fighting robots with energy weapons. After I did the same in Redux I dropped the game around mission 15, when I've realised that those perks and skill were wasted, as that wasn't much more efficient than small and heavy weapons.

As you've mostly done a rebalance, could you tell me which approach is more valid? Is it worth in equilibrium to go nearly full energy weapons after encountering robots? Should my snipers switch to laser rifle untill they find Gauss one? If 50BMG is just as effective against clankers, will there be enough off it to feed all my 3 snipers? I'm playing on tough guy and strategy to shoot from a safe distance is very convinient (yet impossible with the ammo scarcity in the mod so far). I really would like to avoid re-doing 3 or 4 missions on tough guy just because I didn't know how is the stuff balanced.

I have one comlaint though, on the ammo scarcity, I think it went to far in case of 44 for Winchester. I'm really running out of it quickly. I also have to be very picky with other kinds (9mm excluded), as I barely find anything. At the same time, a raider is OK to send 20 or 30 bursts from M16 into me, which translates to something around 150 bullets, which is more then I find in a whole mission. It really breaks the immersion, if they have a lot of ammo they should carry a lot, if they have little ammo, then they shouldn't waste it trying to shoot with a burst something they can't hit in 20 tries. It was similar in Vanilla, but here it's much, much worse. I've seen the readme saying that there is less ammo and "I might have to buy some" but this is much, much further than that.

And to finish it up I get a quater master with 20 bullets. He has 20 metal armors, easy, but just as many bullets. It even got me thinking, do you have some grudge against snipers?

Ah, sorry, moddb is just notoriously annoying to keep track of, you don't get any email notifications when someone posts a message, or even have any indicators on the mod page so when someone posts under the mod download like you did, I have to know how many messages were there previously to be able to tell at a glance. Messages are fairly rare too so I'm not checking often.

Energy weapons are strong and have great variety, so they're definitely worth the investment, and the main two ammo types are fairly common so you will be able to keep several energy weapon users supplied. Pulse weapons use a different kind of ammo, which is fairly rare and best saved for tough battles, however. That said, your other weapon users won't suddenly turn useless, you will be able to kill robots with small and big guns, especially if you use special ammo types, gauss ammo is a bit scarce so you won't be able to rely on it fully.

As you have noted, ammo management is a thing you have to keep track of, and a reason to maintain a diverse team, use single shot weapons more, maybe even keep a deathclaw around to save on ammo. Unfortunately, it can't be fully realistic with the enemies having as many bullets as you can find on them because the AI doesn't know how to conserve bullets and attack only if their chance to hit is acceptably high. If I gave them a reasonable amount they would burst fire it all away at 1% chance to hit, you would find nothing and the best way to win would be to sit outside of their range and wait until they spend it all. And if I gave them an unreasonable amount of ammo then the aggressive approach would be too rewarding, you'd go ham, get a ton of resources and go even ham-er next time so it would snowball. That said, in my test playthroughs I had quite a lot of leftover ammo by the end of the game, so the management isn't that tight as long as you spread resources around.

I fully understand your motives, even though I'm a unintended casualty here as I'd never go hammer on and in comparison to my previous approach the ammo management is actually forcing it - instead of slowly getting down enemies from distance I have to get much closer to make different guns work. Which is risky and a bad idea for the tough guy.

Anyway thanks for the update and I'll get on forward hoping for the best and probably switching weapons a lot.

I fully understand your motives, even though I'm a unintended casualty here as I'd never go hammer on and in comparison to my previous approach the ammo management is actually forcing it - instead of slowly getting down enemies from distance I have to get much closer to make different guns work. Which is risky and a bad idea for the tough guy.

Anyway thanks for the update and I'll get on forward hoping for the best and probably switching weapons a lot.
I'll have to admit to not considering the tough guy mode much, the game is prone to crashing mid-level in later missions so people tend to avoid the mode. Things are generally harder too, so some options were given really high reward to be worth the risk, and that means you can fairly easily die to the enemy using some of those options, we could say that this isn't really balanced around tough guy.

I don't really remember the game crashing, but maybe you are speaking about the last two or three levels...? Anyway: it looks like we both weren't happy with going blazing into the fights. I switched to tough guy to really punish playing risky, prevent save-scumming fights and encourage safe multi sniper approach and you've made a great mod which discourages going hammer on by ammo scarcity. The combination of two has proven to be quite challenging and forced me to come up with some... Weird strategies. Still, I'm (and one of my friends too) enjoying it quite a lot, so once again thank you for this great mod :)

I'm on a new playthrough of this mod, and I encountered some Raiders worth around 6000 xp each when I was only level 12. These raiders were mostly equipped with Beretta pistols, so this is a very abnormal reward at this stage in the game. The area in question is 2 squares North West of Kansas City, in between Kansas City and the Bazaar Day special encounter.

I'm on a new playthrough of this mod, and I encountered some Raiders worth around 6000 xp each when I was only level 12. These raiders were mostly equipped with Beretta pistols, so this is a very abnormal reward at this stage in the game. The area in question is 2 squares North West of Kansas City, in between Kansas City and the Bazaar Day special encounter.
Yeah, it's a known issue, moved on to working on something else so I've never really gotten around to finding what's wrong, it's in my notes in case I get back to this to do an update. Thanks for reporting in any case.

Yeah, it's a known issue, moved on to working on something else so I've never really gotten around to finding what's wrong, it's in my notes in case I get back to this to do an update. Thanks for reporting in any case.
Ah, already known. Well, thanks for all the work you put into this mod. I wouldn't play Fallout Tactics in 2021 without it. :)

Ah, already known. Well, thanks for all the work you put into this mod. I wouldn't play Fallout Tactics in 2021 without it. :)
Had some time these days so I did a little update that hopefully fixed this issue. Unfortunately, you have to start a new game for the change to kick in.

Had some time these days so I did a little update that hopefully fixed this issue. Unfortunately, you have to start a new game for the change to kick in.
That's great, thanks for fixing it. My other handle is JayB33, and I posted that other bug on the mod comments about the neutral Reaver. Sorry I didn't notice it sooner, I didn't realise you'd be posting an update so quickly.

Since Dodge has been nerfed slightly, and Bonus Move requires an Endurance value that my current char does not possess, I think I'll be creating a new char with Gifted and Kamikaze, then choosing Damage Resistance perks instead. I'll report any other bugs I notice, but Equilibrium seems generally good for that.

That's great, thanks for fixing it. My other handle is JayB33, and I posted that other bug on the mod comments about the neutral Reaver. Sorry I didn't notice it sooner, I didn't realise you'd be posting an update so quickly.

Since Dodge has been nerfed slightly, and Bonus Move requires an Endurance value that my current char does not possess, I think I'll be creating a new char with Gifted and Kamikaze, then choosing Damage Resistance perks instead. I'll report any other bugs I notice, but Equilibrium seems generally good for that.
All this is on the guy who made moddb and forgot to implement any kind of notification when people comment on your mods, you get proper pings from here :)

Back