Fallout Tactics mod Equilibrium (2.2)

Interesting workaround.

Does it work around perks that add stats? (If so, I'm guessing those perks work by applying a modifier rather than modifying the base)

Interesting workaround.

Does it work around perks that add stats? (If so, I'm guessing those perks work by applying a modifier rather than modifying the base)
No, they modify the base, when you remove a perk the stat stays where it was.

Hey there, I've started a new game with the latest version of this mod. One thing I noticed is Divine Favor grants INT above the racial maximum when its description says it is not supposed to. I'm not sure if it does this for every attribute.

Oh and I must compliment you on continuing to work on this mod as long as you did / are. Took me a while to realise you'd released something new and overhauled it quite a lot.

Last edited:
Hey there, I've started a new game with the latest version of this mod. One thing I noticed is Divine Favor grants INT above the racial maximum when its description says it is not supposed to. I'm not sure if it does this for every attribute.

Oh and I must compliment you on continuing to work on this mod as long as you did / are. Took me a while to realise you'd released something new and overhauled it quite a lot.
Yeah, it should be able to go beyond racial maximum, forgot to change the description.

If I find a few more small fixes there might be a minor patch at some point, but there's something else I'm working on and, sadly enough, these days I can barely find the time to work on that either.

Hope you don't mind, I made a little character planner spreadsheet based on the 'Perks.png' image included in the 'More Information' folder and the original post. I have credited you at the top of the page. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CPN0V6Mw8b2tYRiRlNFNkLmq1plQmJJvlavfD4HK1sQ/edit?usp=sharing

It currently highlights perks that the selected race can use, and strikes out ones it does not have access to. Eventually I hope to make it also highlight perks based on attribute points too on a scale of how easy or difficult they will be to acquire throughout the course of the game (currently, the attribute boxes at the top of the spreadsheet do nothing). Please test it out.

Hope you don't mind, I made a little character planner spreadsheet based on the 'Perks.png' image included in the 'More Information' folder and the original post. I have credited you at the top of the page. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CPN0V6Mw8b2tYRiRlNFNkLmq1plQmJJvlavfD4HK1sQ/edit?usp=sharing

It currently highlights perks that the selected race can use, and strikes out ones it does not have access to. Eventually I hope to make it also highlight perks based on attribute points too on a scale of how easy or difficult they will be to acquire throughout the course of the game (currently, the attribute boxes at the top of the spreadsheet do nothing). Please test it out.

Nice, you'll also need to restrict how many of each perk can be taken, as in level 15 character can have, say, at most one L14 perk or two level 12 ones. Might be tricky in excel, but it should be doable.

I hope to incorporate advanced features such as the one you suggest, but at the moment I'm having trouble with "simple" things like getting the values with the less than symbol (<) in the attributes columns to interact with conditional formatting in order to mark red those cells which are under the value specified in the character planner at the top.

At first, I came up with this basic formula, which works to highlight any value in H5:N95 that is below those entered into the character planner at the top:

Code:
=H$2:N$2<H5:N5

But it doesn't work with the less than symbols, so I bit the bullet and asked for assistance on the Google Sheets community forum, and someone came up with:

Code:
=OR(LEFT(H5,1)="<",H$2<VALUE(TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(H5,"< ",""))))

I thought it was working, but then it... umm... wasn't (it ends up doing exactly the same thing as the first formula) and I couldn't figure out why I didn't realise that it wasn't and marked the answer as correct on the forum, but oh well. I mean, all this to get the less than symbol to function correctly in a spreadsheet.

I'd also like to make a balance suggestion about the mod itself. The Environmental Armor appears to be a straight upgrade for Metal Armor MK. II as it stands, because it has even more Normal Resistance. My suggestion is that the Environmental Armor is reduced to a much lower Normal Resistance value, e.g. 25%. Perhaps to compensate, it could have a slightly increased Blast Resistance, reflecting its protective qualities in harsh environments. In addition, the Tesla Armor is also a straight upgrade to the Metal Armor MK. II and offers the same amount of normal protection in addition to its energy protection. I think the normal values on this should be reduced slightly too, though not as much as the Environmental Armor. I do think it is fair if the Environmental Armor MK. II has a Normal Resistance closer to Metal Armor MK. II though.

Last edited:
I hope to incorporate advanced features such as the one you suggest, but at the moment I'm having trouble with "simple" things like getting the values with the less than symbol (<) in the attributes columns to interact with conditional formatting in order to mark red those cells which are under the value specified in the character planner at the top.

At first, I came up with this basic formula, which works to highlight any value in H5:N95 that is below those entered into the character planner at the top:

Code:
=H$2:N$2<H5:N5

But it doesn't work with the less than symbols, so I bit the bullet and asked for assistance on the Google Sheets community forum, and someone came up with:

Code:
=OR(LEFT(H5,1)="<",H$2<VALUE(TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(H5,"< ",""))))

I thought it was working, but then it... umm... wasn't (it ends up doing exactly the same thing as the first formula) and I couldn't figure out why I didn't realise that it wasn't and marked the answer as correct on the forum, but oh well. I mean, all this to get the less than symbol to function correctly in a spreadsheet.

You can use this formula for conditional formatting and a hidden helper column to format the whole perk row if needed

Attachments

You can use this formula for conditional formatting and a hidden helper column to format the whole perk row if needed
Haha, I knew you just had to be an Excel expert. :) How do you figure it out? I suppose I've only got several days experience with spreadsheet software. :*(

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Edit: I attempted to import it into Google Sheets and it doesn't work too well in there. Changing the race or setting values below the < ones does nothing. It's fully editable atm.

Last edited:
Google sheets are a bit rudimentary, and quirky. If you're using that, it's better to just copy the formula over

Hi im new in modding and wanted to know how to acess the perk table in the bos.exe to make some adjustments in the perks to make then more viable like you did.

I want to make some minor adjustments like lowering some requirements in perks or changing some requeriments for other that kind of thing.

if u can point me in the right direction i would be very grateful.

thanks in advance.

Hi im new in modding and wanted to know how to acess the perk table in the bos.exe to make some adjustments in the perks to make then more viable like you did.

I want to make some minor adjustments like lowering some requirements in perks or changing some requeriments for other that kind of thing.

if u can point me in the right direction i would be very grateful.

thanks in advance.
Sure, this should get you started

https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/modifying-perks.217590/

Thanks for the fast reply but i had already wen't in there the problem is i don't know what to do with that information. (i instaled it but then what?)

In that tread u posted a perk table in excell with all perks and what all the numbers change and everithing. To make the changes in each perk do i have to input in the ftse.lua one line of code and place all the numbers of that perk table into the line of the code that they refer to? im kinda lost her.

the thing is i'm a rookie in this, what i need is to know each step that i need to make to change one perk.

When u wanted to change one perk what where the steps u took? files u opened, codes that u inserted and where and how...

thanks again

Thanks for the fast reply but i had already wen't in there the problem is i don't know what to do with that information. (i instaled it but then what?)

In that tread u posted a perk table in excell with all perks and what all the numbers change and everithing. To make the changes in each perk do i have to input in the ftse.lua one line of code and place all the numbers of that perk table into the line of the code that they refer to? im kinda lost her.

the thing is i'm a rookie in this, what i need is to know each step that i need to make to change one perk.

When u wanted to change one perk what where the steps u took? files u opened, codes that u inserted and where and how...

thanks again
Ah, right, I assumed you were familiar with hex editing. So, what you have to do is to get a hex editor, go to the offset "4a4500". Set it to show 76 numbers in one row and it will look like in the table I linked, then you can see there what each column does and change the numbers in the exe to what you want. It's a fairly primitive way of doing things but it's good enough when there aren't any tools that can pull the perk list out of the exe and put it backl.

Ah, right, I assumed you were familiar with hex editing. So, what you have to do is to get a hex editor, go to the offset "4a4500". Set it to show 76 numbers in one row and it will look like in the table I linked, then you can see there what each column does and change the numbers in the exe to what you want. It's a fairly primitive way of doing things but it's good enough when there aren't any tools that can pull the perk list out of the exe and put it backl.

Thanks a lot! A shame i just bugged my work in progress mod by droping your equilibrium mod just now(will take me 4 hours or so to get back on track could be worse i guess) had two open windows and droped in the wrong one...man what a day...
i will play it anyway seems quite damn good.

It's quitte tedious work in the hex editor but is workable thanks to the perk table that you made/posted... That perk table definetily took a lot of work.

Again thanks for everything

owe you one

Raics do you know by any chance other offsets that countrol other things in the bos.exe? like where the traits are located and where we can change values on them to customize the traits aswell and a few other things? any offset you may know is welcome.

Raics do you know by any chance other offsets that countrol other things in the bos.exe? like where the traits are located and where we can change values on them to customize the traits aswell and a few other things? any offset you may know is welcome.
Sorry, perks are the only thing I tampered with, I don't have the slightest clue about other things in there.

Hi! I have encountered a weird problem. My perks do not work as in their description. For example More criticsls according to raics changelist should give +10% crit chance but i only get +5% as in native. Awareness should give +5% crit chance but i get none. So all my perks give stats as in native despite their changed description.

I have GOG Fallout Tactics v. 2.1.0.12. I downloaded Redux from moddb https://www.moddb.com/mods/fallout-tactics-redux and unpacked all files into game directory overwriting the originals. Then i downloaded Equilibrium from moddb https://www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux/downloads/equilibrium-v20-final and unpacked all files into game directory overwriting the originals.

What have i done wrong? A little help will be appreciated.

Back