Eric Caen - FO:MMOG for 2012 release

Starseeker

Vault Senior Citizen
http://www.next-gen.biz/news/90-strong-team-working-on-fallout-mmog

Interplay President Eric Caen confirms that MMOG development is in progress and scheduled for a 2012 release.

Eric Caen, president of Interplay, has stressed that the Fallout MMOG (previously known as PV13) is not vapourware. While the publisher is still not ready to reveal specifics on the game, it claims the MMOG has a dedicated team of 90 people working on it, and is scheduled for a 2012 release.

"I can’t say too much. What I can say is that everyone who is registered is getting a newsletter every five or six weeks," Says Caen. "The content is not a typical newsletter with a lot of technical information; it’s letters from NPCs inside the game, writing to other NPCs about what they’re experiencing.

"We’re giving a lot of hints about the future of the game. We have a beta scheduled for 2012, with the commercial launch in the second half of 2012. We have 90 people working on it. Even in January 2009, you were already able to move across the world."

Caen made the comments during an exclusive interview in issue 221 of Edge, which will be available from UK newsagents on Tuesday 26. He goes on to reveal that the game is about reconstruction and hints at the company's intention to integrate multiple portals.

I have the magazine that shows the interview, but an online transcript is still not available on their website.

In the interview he said F3 was to serious and Fallout online will be extremly funny....
Dunno but it sounds wrong for me. Mabye I am to much of a F1 purist but I certainly didnt laughed at the credits after my first playthrough.

Is this the final nail in the coffin of Interplay? There will be no coming back if this dies in the arse...unless we all rush out and buy "Pinball Yeah", or "Tommy Tronic"... :wtf:

Back