Fallhope - FO2 Van Buren TC

Dude101

Vault Fossil
Modder
Fallhope is a Russian Fallout 2 Van Buren TC. This mod is fairly young but has made some serious progress in a short amount of time. They put out a press release in Russian yesterday, which I have "translated":

<blockquote>The wasteland has again generated forces that may bring mankind to the verge of extinction. Life is one continuous fight for survival; people have changed and they are now ruled by animal instincts. Society will never be the same. Strength and instincts are superior to reason, and survival is the name of the game.

When the hard days seem to never end; when it seems that life is becoming a living hell, and there is no hope for tomorrow, a new hero appears. A Hero who can change the course of history. A Hero who can change the fate of the world

The secrets of wasteland lie not only beyond the limits of the prison, but much nearer than than you can imagine... You have many mysteries to solve:

- Who are you?
- Why are you here?
- How did you get here?

To many questions you will find many answers, and only you can decide which answers are true.

New quests will help you find a new, huge and unknown world.
New towns and the characters will appear before your eyes.
True friends will help you overcome the dangers of the road, where the enemy could be just about anyone or anything. You will feel a new fallout consume you. Every second of the game will tell you one thing:
You've lost it...
But you live...
And if you think of the future, then it exists...
It is!
And if you want it, you'll see it...
You'll see the most important thing in life...
You'll see hope!

Fallhope is a brand new game based in the same Fallout, which surprised us once, and passed the test of time left in our hearts. It will be combined with the hopes and dreams of FO fans, that have been waiting for Fallout 3 for all these years.

We believe that Fallout is a work of art, and it deserves more than a dozen years of life. We have great respect for the people who created this game and will continue their work on this Van Buren project.

We are remaining true to canon, and already we have created new:
- Dialogue
- Quests
- Music
- Animations
- concept and in game art

When playing our game be sure to pay attention. In Fallout Hope you can play without searching under every stone on the side of the road, but by blindly moving forward and not paying attention, you risk missing out on a lot of interesting people and quests. Remember this!</blockquote>

They have released a couple of tunes, which you can grab here and here

<center></center>

<center>
</center>

There are some animated critter gifs and item art in the modding section discussion.

Links:
Russian topic on Fallhope forums
Fallhope homepage
Discussion on NMA and animated eye candy

In other news .Pixote. has catalogued all of the art in Fallout 2 by mapper PID number, which is an insane achievement. This will help FO2 modders a great deal in tracking down pieces of art in the mapper, and it is also very interesting to see every piece of scenery used to build the classic Fallouts.

<blockquote>Each individual artwork has a corresponding number (PID order from the Mapper), name/description, and for the walls their individual direction (i.e. East/West). These files could be considered very useful for modders, (when they need to find individual artworks without having to scroll through the several thousand that were built by Black Isle) or for any fan who would like to appreciate the beauty of the original artwork. There 23 files all up at with a combined size of 22mb. You can down load each individual file, or all of the images in one compressed file…enjoy </blockquote>

Discusion and eye candy on NMA
Download from media fire

It's been clear for some time now; if you ever want to play a real Fallout game again, better learn Russian

Who gave up? I hadn't. Always like to think that little box somewhere with the label "Van Buren" will come to light some day, or someone will admit to destroying it and I will be in jail for my reaction, lol. (JOKE, if someone does destroy it I didn't kill them! Swear!)

I am glad for this, knowing most mod's die before they are finished but hoping this one doesn't.

EDIT:
Brother None said:
It's been clear for some time now; if you ever want to play a real Fallout game again, better learn Russian

Agree 500% with this

Brother None said:
:lol: Sad but true. Though I suck at learning new languages.

I began studying russian last year. Maybe Fallout again can help me with russian as it helped me with english when I was just 12.

I still think, the only valid Van Buren can be with either the jefferson engine or a jefferson engine clone. :p

Reconite said:
Brother None said:

yeah. me too.

and i'm not even english.

so i suck at even english :cry:

swampcat said:
Reconite said:
Brother None said:

yeah. me too.

and i'm not even english.

so i suck at even english :cry:

Dont worry, the English suck at English too. And dont get me started on 'american' English... :p

Fallhope. I like the name, however it's too early to be too hopeful just yet.

Lexx said:
I still think, the only valid Van Buren can be with either the jefferson engine or a jefferson engine clone. :p

Agreed. I really liked what they let us see of Van Buren and it wasn't even finished stuff. But those are just pipedreams, Lexx.

Mods don't do it for me. The old graphics are really closely tied to the original story for me, getting something 'new' with the old looks just doesn't feel right IMO, that added to the fact that the few mods I've tried really didn't live up to what they had me expect.

I do like that car thingy they made, but the screens just look... well, as is to be expected, I suppose. It's Fallout. Yay!

:roll:

Yeh, it's how I feel. Van Buren is the new Fallout (or "the next"?) to me.

Indeed, we will never ever see this again... But still, I don't want to abandon the dream yet. Maybe some day we will get a similar game to Van Buren, which will not be a crappy ego shooter. Who knows, maybe Bethesda will allow a new Spin-Off some day...

Beside this, check out the timeline with New Vegas. It practically starts when nothing is in the timeline anymore. I guess that's for getting as much creative free room as possible... But I also don't see them changing the past with this, so a Van Buren-esque game could still be possible.

If there's one made in the future, it's unlikely to be more than a spiritual successor. There's no way Beth would let anyone use their license like that.

terebikun said:
Just when NMA had given up hope of an amnesiac hero...We see hope!

The Prisoner in VB was not really amnesiac, he just didn't know how he was transported to the prison.

Ausdoerrt said:
If there's one made in the future, it's unlikely to be more than a spiritual successor. There's no way Beth would let anyone use their license like that.

That's the plan.

Brother None said:

Today I learned that my school no longer teaches Russian (or Japanese, Italian etc.) and is stuck only with English, French and German.
Stupid piece of shit.

I have a friend who can translate russian poetry to american and vice versa.

He probably would do it. Poetry and he also does nursery rhymes and fables. Those three are super difficult to translate.

Would it be possible for someone to have access to all of the files and do so?

Back