Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics 66% off

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by WhiskeyBob813, Aug 7, 2012.

1. WhiskeyBob813

WhiskeyBob813 First time out of the vault

Sep 18, 2003
    After multiple sales of the Bethesda Fallout titles, now it's Interplay's old titles' turn. Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics are all 66% off on Steam in today's daily deal, with another third knocked off if you buy them together in the Fallout Collection.

2. JNitemann

JNitemann First time out of the vault

Aug 7, 2012
    Any extras?

Are there any extras on the steam titles like they do have on GoG.com?

3. veryblackraven

veryblackraven The Vault overseer

Jan 11, 2011
    Re: Any extras?

Nope. Just manuals, that's all.

4. The Vault Dweller

The Vault Dweller always looking for water.

Aug 24, 2004
    When I first saw this on Steam I immediately came here to post it, but I see others were more diligent.

:D ,
    The Vault Dweller

5. Goral

Goral It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 5, 2008
    Fallout 1 was being given away for free on GOG not that long ago. This steam daily deal is nothing impressive if you ask me. Fallout 2 would cost me 5.99 $ (19.618448 PLN) on GOG and 3.39 euro (13.724754 PLN) on Steam if I were to buy them now. But that's comparing a standard price with a temporary off-price. Normally GOG offer is 50% cheaper (about 20 PLN compared to 40 PLN, i.e. 10 euro) and when there's an off-price on GOG (which is 50%) it would be about 4 PLN cheaper than an off-price Steam version. And we're talking here about much bigger and wealthier shop that could afford much better off-prices. Just saying.

In short, if you're not in a hurry I recommend to wait on GOG off-price. Who knows, maybe just before Bethesda will take over the rights for these titles GOG will give F2 for free?

6. JNitemann

JNitemann First time out of the vault

Aug 7, 2012
    I know i shouldn't but....

Since steam forum is still stalling about my registration... could i ask if I can "Gift" the collection temporarily... then send it my own account later on if i get bored with waiting for GoG? That sounded selfish lol.

7. Izual

Izual Pipe rifle & chopsticks

Sep 18, 2009
    Also DRM-free.

8. ronin84

ronin84 First time out of the vault

Oct 9, 2006
    Admittedly, I had never actually purchased Fallout Tactics, though I've played through it a couple of times. Can't really complain about an under $5 price tag. Picked it up last night. As much as I love GOG, I prefer having all my games in one centralized location (Steam).

9. TheWesDude

TheWesDude Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 25, 2005
    yes, i was wondering when iply would stop selling the 3 fallouts and they would be beth titles.

wasnt that the aftermath of the lawsuit?

or was i wrong in reading it and iply will continue to have rights to original 3 fallouts?