Fallout 1 - BoS - Thomas stuck, no training bug?

Paul_cz

Mildly Dipped
I am playing lovely Fallout 1 again (12th time), using this setup:

1) Installed Fallout 1 from GOG.com
2) Installed "Fallout_1_TeamX_Patch_ENG_1.2w" (either via nma or just google)
3) Installed "f1child_patch" (again, nma)
4) Installed "fallup13" - this is the TeamX patch 1.3.4 (nma)
5) Installed "f1npcmod" from TeamX (again, nma)
6) Installed "sfall1" (from http://timeslip.chorrol.com/sfall.html)
7) Installed "Fallout1_High_Resolution_Patch_v1.3" (nma)
8) Open f1_res and set AUTO_SCRN_SIZE = 0, resolution 1024*768

The game works like a charm.

But here is my problem - when you arrive to the BoS, there should be the martial arts training between Thomas and some initiates.

But when I go there, nothing happens.They just stand there, without moving, all of them.Only Talus occasionally says something like "pay attention,people", but thats it.

So I can not get my 5% to melee and unarmed + 500XP.Ït is no big deal, but the thought about missing something just pisses me off: ).

Has anyone ever encountered this bug (or whatever it is)? I finished Fallout 11 times before always in vanilla and it always went as it should so I wonder what patch/mod causes this..if any.

TeamX's patch 1.2 was not tested with GOG's release. There could be some side effects when your combine them together.
The updated patch 1.2.1 is almost ready. If you don't mind to help us, I could give you a copy of the current release candidate. It could solve your problem if it really caused by 1.2.
As well, I would like to have your savegame, made before problem appearance. Gonna test it with my Fallout installation.
And one more thing, look into the game directory, find readme.txt and tell me what version and date are listed in the head of the file.

--- Update ---

Looks like every person who report similar errors just disappears right afterwards. Too bad. I can't reproduce those scripted event bugs. So, no help -- no fix.

Back