Resource icon

Fallout 2 utility Fallout 2 Mod Runner 2019-03-24

Why yes I can! The first thing you need to do is drop the ModRunner.exe into your base Fallout 2 directory, after doing so run it and these files should show up, given that u have the high res patch installed, if you do not have it installed it is no biggie.
normal.PNG

Adding mod is pretty straight forward, for this tutorial I will be using this mod.
drop the .dat files into your base fallout 2 directory and launch the mod runner. It should now look like this:
modded.PNG

Click on either the black or the rusty car.dat and click run game. The process is fairly simple for other mods just click the dat and launch, this Mod runner does allow you to launch with multiple mods activated.

But it does not try to merge anything, etc? There should be a warning message for players, because in most cases this will fuck shit up.

But it does not try to merge anything, etc? There should be a warning message for players, because in most cases this will fuck shit up.
can u elaborate? this simply allows you to launch more than one mod that's in the form of a .dat file

Yeah, that's the problem. Most mods simply aren't compatible to each other, so this might lead to players ruining their games with loading incompatible mods.

Yeah, that's the problem. Most mods simply aren't compatible to each other, so this might lead to players ruining their games with loading incompatible mods.
I haven't run into a single incompatibility issue except for (obviously) mods that replace the same thing.

Well, there's also the stuff baked into the script (header files etc) that won't cause obvious problems half the time. Then there is stuff like variables, which are identified by numbers and not name, so if two mods have added more global variables at the end of the file, they will both technically use the same variable, but for different things.

Not saying that the game will explode if you run multiple mods at the same time. Just saying that you need to be very cautious. This ain't no Elders Scrolls plug&play.

Well, there's also the stuff baked into the script (header files etc) that won't cause obvious problems half the time. Then there is stuff like variables, which are identified by numbers and not name, so if two mods have added more global variables at the end of the file, they will both technically use the same variable, but for different things.

Not saying that the game will explode if you run multiple mods at the same time. Just saying that you need to be very cautious. This ain't no Elders Scrolls plug&play.
Yeah no lol I agree, this isn't a full proof launcher, I think I have another mod runner that merges scripts ect to fix those issues but I never got it to work on my OS.

Back