Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.3.3 (Unofficial Expansion)

I don't know if this is the place to post this or what to do but i'm using this patch, so i can't see how posting it elsewhere makes more sense. Anyway, i have stupidly saved mid fight in san fran in the boxing ring and my back up save is 2 towns worth of quests back, i don't know how to get out of the ring after killing the first guy and using the save game editor is no help. So i don't know what to do. I'll link the save in case someone knows how to fix it for me otherwise i am open to instruction. https://www.mediafire.com/file/7iuv5ohajxwrln6/SLOT01.7z/file

@malidica
I took a stab at fixing your save (first with the Mapper but it crashed when saving), so I moved you out of the ring with a script and reset the Dragon with F2se. Save is here. You will also need a fixed dragon script to set up the fight properly (put it in your data/scripts folder).
You will have to talk to the dragon and redo the fights, but it does work.

Anyway, the reason for your problems is that you have an invisible Bess with you (which is normal), and she is mistakenly set up as your opponent (happens sometimes). She can't fight you as she is invisible, and the whole fight sequence gets stuck. The fixed dragon script will prevent this from happening.

@malidica
I took a stab at fixing your save (first with the Mapper but it crashed when saving), so I moved you out of the ring with a script and reset the Dragon with F2se. Save is here. You will also need a fixed dragon script to set up the fight properly (put it in your data/scripts folder).
You will have to talk to the dragon and redo the fights, but it does work.

Anyway, the reason for your problems is that you have an invisible Bess with you (which is normal), and she is mistakenly set up as your opponent (happens sometimes). She can't fight you as she is invisible, and the whole fight sequence gets stuck. The fixed dragon script will prevent this from happening.

OMG thank you, thank you so very very much! It works and i can continue, is there a way to recover my inventory or should i just cheat it back in?

Edit: i just cheated it in, thankfully i store almost everything in the trunk so it was only gear, stims and money.

God i cannot express how happy i am to wake up to this, you've given me hours of more fun since i was uninterested in starting back on the older save.

Last edited:
is there a way to recover my inventory or should i just cheat it back in?
Your inventory is not lost. You will get your stuff back after you finish the dragon's test fights.
Also, a word of warning. Creating items with the save editor is not safe and can make your saves unstable (crashing) or even corrupt your savegame. Changing one item into another is the better way.

Your inventory is not lost. You will get your stuff back after you finish the dragon's test fights.
Also, a word of warning. Creating items with the save editor is not safe and can make your saves unstable (crashing) or even corrupt your savegame. Changing one item into another is the better way.

Ah yeah, that did happen after the fight, so i ended up with double, wasn't a problem though, sorted it out. Thankfully i didn't have that corruption happen, moved on through navarro and am now hitting the wrecked mariposa base so it looks like i got out clean.

Thanks again Darek, your help was greatly appreciated.

I don't know if it has to do with the mod or not, but there is an extremely overpowered enemy in Vault 15 that kills me for 80+ damage every time (even if I'm using the Robes), and I need to get through him to access the computer terminal... Its the same guy who says he hates rats.

(I'm playing in the Normal difficulty, btw)

Darion is using a flamer which has 40-90 damage; wearing robes doesn't help much against fire damage.

Hello everyone. I'd like to ask for some help from the more learned members here regarding an issue I'm having with the Restoration Project content:

I've been running Restoration Project on Fallout 2 on Windows 10 without a hitch up until I get to the Environmental Protection Agency: Once I enter that zone, there's a massive amount of framerate lag and stutter... but only when I'm walking around normally. My character responds extremely slowly to mouseclick commands and the game window itself scrolls extremely slowly. However, when I enter combat mode, everything runs smoothly. I clicked on multiple items in the EPA area and fought some enemies in combat mode and it responded just fine without a hitch.

I also checked to see if it was just my computer in general by exiting out of the EPA area and going back to several previously-visited towns, but those places had no problems when I re-entered them.

Is there some issue with the EPA area/map terrain that I'm unaware of? Does anyone have a good answer as to why the EPA area and its corresponding underground floors are behaving in such a wonky manner?

EDIT: I've been doing some further playtesting (By resorting to running around everywhere in combat mode). It appears the lagging issues are limited to the outside area, the utilities (power/water) floor, and the floor with the depressed Mr. Handy. Most of the colored sublevels themselves so far seem to lack the lagging issues that I've had with the exterior and maintenance levels; although the lowest sublevel displays similar lagging framerate issues outside of combat mode.

FURTHER EDIT: An odd note: Killing the Mr. Handy robot on the lowest sublevel automatically removed most of the lagging issues on that sublevel, which leads me to conclude that there might be NPC pathfinding/scripting issues with some of the areas in the EPA facilities that are causing the framerate drop when out of combat.

Last edited:
FURTHER EDIT: An odd note: Killing the Mr. Handy robot on the lowest sublevel automatically removed most of the lagging issues on that sublevel, which leads me to conclude that there might be NPC pathfinding/scripting issues with some of the areas in the EPA facilities that are causing the framerate drop when out of combat.
It is true, with a high value of the search path in the HRP settings, the game engine begins to handle a lot of variants to find the way, this affects the delay of the game.

Last edited:
After having saved Sulik's sister, we're back at the Umbra Tribe. He says he'll catch up after saying some goodbyes. He never does. He just stands in the middle of camp. And he's absent when I arrive at a new destination on the world map.

What gives?

You simply need to advance the ingame time a bit.
Make the Umbra Quests for instance (or simply use the Pipboy alarmclock) and then speak with him again.

Is there an way to turn on and off the NPC armor mod that comes with the patch? I can't find an option for it.
If you've already installed the armor appearance with killap's RP installer, you can download the manual install package and copy the following scripts from it to overwrite your current ones:
dcvic.int, epac11.int, epac12.int, kcsulik.int, nhmyron.int, and vccasidy.int

I remember there was a mod that had klint, from arroyo, be a possible companion. I think it's part of the megamod, but I would rather not use it, does anyone have the old mod, or some way to just make that part of Mega Mod work with the RP?

Speaking of which, I'm disappointed that Dr. Jones from V15 wasn't turned into a companion, considering that he was planned to become one. Missed Opportunity

Dude killed AHS-9 and got told by Ken Lee that he could now go talk to the Shi's computer Emperor, but not only was its force field still up, but it stayed up after dude further disabled the field emitter with Repair: see Save files. Other force fields at the Hubologists etc etc don't do that. I'm running Restoration Project 2.3.3U9 (my current main suspect) + Economy and Combat Rebalance 0.6.2 + FO2Tweaks 11.1 + sfall 4.2.1.1 .

Back