Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project Discussion (ideas/suggestions)

Darek said:
@ Minorkos and utunnels,

Known and fixed in the latest sfall. Will be included in the next RP release.
Wonderful news, thank you. 8-)

---------

Oh, I noticed something funny while wandering around after the game was beaten.
I killed everyone in Vault 15, except Rebecca's daughter. Guess my karma was too high there, so when I checked the menu, I found I was still idolized there. And what's even more ridiculous, Rebecca's daughter said same thing before I killed her mother. Though she paniced in battle mode, but she didn't turn hostile at all (other NPCs acted similarly, before they were dead).

A small detail:

I notice even if the protagonist dies in the final battle with Frank, the message sometimes shows '...your village sent another one to find GECK' or something like that. But you know that is impossible since they are all in Enclave prison.

WOW that’s not bad…and I can only imagine thousands more have been downloaded from Killap’s personal site. Does anyone know how many Fallout games (1 and 2) were sold during their initial release?

Whatever the number of sold copies is, it's not really a good indicator, since many have bought the game second-hand or even pirated it.

I'm wondering whether RP should contain balance tweaks. I guess not. However, AC/Hit ratio is really screwed in this game. It's too easy to score eye shots with marginal skill level from a decent distance, and AC pretty much does nothing at all (unless it's night, you have APA mk 2 and enemies are using pistols and are a mile away. In such case yes, it may work... unless they are the enclave dudes. Those will hit you from across the map, with their hands tied behind their back.)

I wish AC did something useful and made Dodger perks actually worth a while. Right now, weak opponents just can't pierce your boxing-enhanced armor with "normal" damage, so AC is irrelevant. Later, they hit you anyway, from every conceivable angle, so AC is also irrelevant.

Other thing worth mentioning:

Why on earth the boxers keep head butting when fighting you... Seeing them actually BOX would be nice. Right now, it's ridiculous.

DForge said:
Whatever the number of sold copies is, it's not really a good indicator, since many have bought the game second-hand or even pirated it.
some might have pirated it but some have 3 copies of Fallout 2 :mrgreen:

I finally completed the awesome game, with RP 2.1.1 not encountered that many issues, and ultimately I enjoyed every minute of it, awesome work from everyone that is involved with the project and other mods that is in RP, great game,

thanks all :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Can I just take this post to thank everyone who's worked on the RP?

That's mainly killap, of course, but there have been a lot of other people contributing everything from code to new graphics. Well done!

Also, I'd like to thank everyone who's taken the time to post their bug reports and/or suggestions for the next RP! That's what keeps the project alive.

I'm amazed how many people tried the RP, and I reckon a lot of those people never would have (re)played Fallout 2 without it.

Awesomeness.

:D

Reconite said:
.Pixote. said:
Hey Killap I’m curious as to how many people have downloaded the RP…any idea. :wink:
2.1.1's installer has been downloaded 36517 times from NMA.

And there have been an additional 40 - some dowloads in the last 24 hours since this was posted... obviously, people really care about all the work being put into this project, and it is only becoming more popular... good job to all whom continually contribute to it :ok:

The actual number of downloads from my website is much larger than the NMA number. When I get the chance, I'll post it. It's pretty amazing actually. :D

I was recently reading the Fallout 2 walkthough and saw something that could be improved from the old Fallout 2 game, I m not sure if it is already improved and if it has not been the case than maybe it s a good idea:

[spoiler:ea26936e8a]
Pointless encounters include:

The remains of a whale (6): (Crashed Whale) You find a whale smashed to pieces (a reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy). Nearby is a useless pot of Daisies which is part of the joke. This seems to be the only encounter that doesn't have any potential beneficial or harmful effect. Possibly the Daisies was one of the many things they had something in mind for but ultimately didn't have time to finish.
[/spoiler:ea26936e8a] source: http://user.tninet.se/~jyg699a/fallout2.html#end[/quote]

killap said:
The actual number of downloads from my website is much larger than the NMA number. When I get the chance, I'll post it. It's pretty amazing actually. :D

Heck, even the original developers should see this masterpiece of modding. This must be one of the best quality products out there in addition to Stalker Complete mods.

I wonder why this has not been fixed, funny to watch though.
:lol:
82844_625.png

Munin said:
I was recently reading the Fallout 2 walkthough and saw something that could be improved from the old Fallout 2 game, I m not sure if it is already improved and if it has not been the case than maybe it s a good idea:

[spoiler:1bfb25c9a2]
Pointless encounters include:

The remains of a whale (6): (Crashed Whale) You find a whale smashed to pieces (a reference to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy). Nearby is a useless pot of Daisies which is part of the joke. This seems to be the only encounter that doesn't have any potential beneficial or harmful effect. Possibly the Daisies was one of the many things they had something in mind for but ultimately didn't have time to finish.
[/spoiler:1bfb25c9a2] source: http://user.tninet.se/~jyg699a/fallout2.html#end

The daisies are, as stated above, just part of the joke. Much like the trophy and the easter egg (the literal one), it's just a little memento to hold on to. They were never meant to serve a purpose beyond amusement.

Don't know weather this is a known bug but i got 4 trees in my inventory. They weigh 8497000 pounds each and after i dropped them they really appeared on the map :D
Appeared after i finished the collect wood quest at primitive tribe.

Anyway the mod is awesome :clap:

Atari said:
Don't know weather this is a known bug but i got 4 trees in my inventory. They weigh 8497000 pounds each and after i dropped them they really appeared on the map :D

Yeah, I've gotten random scenery items in my inventory at Primitive Village, too. Happened to me after the fake stimpak quest.

@Atari & John Hancock
Are you running RP 2.1.1? This should be fixed in that update. You will have to not have entered the Primitive Tribe for the fix to have taken affect though.

John Hancock said:
Atari said:

Yeah, I've gotten random scenery items in my inventory at Primitive Village, too. Happened to me after the fake stimpak quest.

:wink: Perhaps some of your herb sprouted and grew into tree in your pocket.

---------------------------------------

Some thought on stupid character:

The dialogues when you download the log from Vault 8 computer is brilliantly made and always makes me laugh. But not those when you access Vault 13 computer -- actually there're no special lines for stupid character, did the developers forgot?

A stupid character can read quite well, he gains decent skill points by reading books (even science, wow). But he just has problem reading billboards, so... I think a stupid character should stay stupid unless he takes Mentats. Maybe skill points gained via reading should be affected by intelligence and some quests that use science should check intelligence as well (no, an idiot who has 100 science points?)

:mrgreen: Stupid character is an brilliant idea, so it should has its own way to complete the game (rather funny and unusual), for example, way to get a car without taking Mentats.

Back