Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project Discussion (ideas/suggestions)

killap said:
@Atari & John Hancock
Are you running RP 2.1.1? This should be fixed in that update. You will have to not have entered the Primitive Tribe for the fix to have taken affect though.

It says version 2.1.1.0 downloaded last thursday.

killap said:
@Atari & John Hancock
Are you running RP 2.1.1? This should be fixed in that update. You will have to not have entered the Primitive Tribe for the fix to have taken affect though.

I have this problem also, running 2.1.1 and a new game. The scenery appears in my inventory just after the
[spoiler:87b4d0142c]Krom stimpack trade encounter, where I declined the trade.[/spoiler:87b4d0142c]
Save just prior. Talk to Krom -> lets go -> do it -> and scenery will appear in inventory. Also, items from the P.T. do not stack with other items (i.e. sledgehammer, knife).

Win XP SP2, RP 2.1.1 with All options except smoking anim, long hair dude, and children patch. Also using endocore's scripts for improved Miria + the required files, party orders addon, drop weapon sfall script and .pixote's worldmap / circles mod. I got the scenery in inventory bug with all the extra mod junk removed also, and just your installer configured as stated.

The key thing is that your save game is from before you ever entered the Primitive Tribe. Installing RP 2.1.1 isn't enough. You have to have a save game from before entering the area for the map fixes to take affect. It's possible that the gecko pelts are still a problem in 2.1.1. For 2.1.2 I've removed them entirely.

I'll take a look at your save game agris and see if I can come up with anything.

I want to make use of Rake, Continuum's latest completed talking head.

My dream is to have every party member with a talking head and the only one that this *could* work with would be Vic. However, personally I don't think this would work as Vic is fatter than this.

My next dream is for every town to have at least one talking head for an NPC there. My first though was to have Smitty use this. He is a grungy mechanic and I think it could work. The Den has no talking heads at all and Smitty is an important character since you get the car from him. Metzger would be the ideal choice for a talking head at the Den, but the Rake talking head doesn't fit him at all.

What are people's thoughts on this? I'm also open to suggestions for which NPC in the game should use this head. This will of course be optional in the RP installer and you will not be forced to use the head in game.

To be honest, 'Rake' doesn't really go with Vic, at least in my opinion.

Vic (vanilla Vic anyway), is a bit slow and not really in the best shape. He's also a bit of a 'boring good guy' - sort of an obedient, lazy pushover. I gather this from the look of his character, the way he speaks (calling you Boss, letting his daughter ride him) the way he acts (getting himself tied up with Metzger) and from his initial combat stats (crap).

Rake, on the other hand, looks faster, and a bit more clever (maybe 'cunning' is the right word here) than Vic seems. He's much more suitable for Smitty, like you suggested.

Rake could be Vic, but then Vic would need a different set of animations (the fat guy wouldn't cut it anymore), and possibly some dialogue adjustment.

Jotisz said:
Rake would be cool as Smitty I think

+1

I've always imagined that Vic should look something like John Goodman's character Charlie Meadows in Barton Fink.

Barton+Fink3.jpg

Gaspard said:
Jotisz said:
Rake would be cool as Smitty I think

I'll second that

Yeah, I like the sound of that. Since the "Starting the car" FMV never made it, giving the owner a talking head will atleast give it some gravitas :)

Killap said:
My next dream is for every town to have at least one talking head for an NPC there. My first though was to have Smitty use this. He is a grungy mechanic and I think it could work. The Den has no talking heads at all and Smitty is an important character since you get the car from him. Metzger would be the ideal choice for a talking head at the Den, but the Rake talking head doesn't fit him at all.

What happened to the Metzger head? I thought that was almost done at one stage?

Faraday said:
I don't think it was ever completed. What a shame...

Seems like everyone is for making 'Rake' the talking head for Smitty. I'll do this and make it an option in the installer.

To give an alternate point of view...

I don't think Rake fits that well as Smitty. To me, Smitty's writing suggests that he's older than Rake looks.

But then the question is, who would he fit better? The only one I could think of would be the captain of the Tanker in San Fran.

Is there a Character Editor that works with this version of the mod? I just tried using Falche 2, and it pretty much had a cow.

While i like Conties TH's very much i think it's worth keeping in mind that his character 'Rake' isn't meant to fit the characters of FO2 - he's more just making random Post-apoc TH's. I would support using his Metzger head, for example, as he created it for FO2. But taking his 'other' heads and trying to make them fit existing characters is not a good idea, IMO. 'Rake' is, IMO, way too young-looking, not fat enough and generally not fitting for Vic's or Smitty's description.

Having said that Cassidy's TH in the RP lacks a voice, and i started unchecking him in the installer for this reason. I find i'd rather have no TH, than one that's 'silent' as i it looks wierd to me. Thats just IMO, though as i suspect others may disagree....

For me, there are two of the good candidates for the Rake's head - Balthas and Jo, from the Modoc. Hm, but Smitty is visited frequently, he needs the talking head too. :)

killap said:
Faraday said:
It was completed. But the head will be re-done at some point (with a lot of improvements). Also, I don't have that FRMs - they went to hell. Re-rendering isn't an option too, since I deleted all anims.

Josan12 said:
While i like Conties TH's very much i think it's worth keeping in mind that his character 'Rake' isn't meant to fit the characters of FO2 - he's more just making random Post-apoc TH's.
You're right. I'm not aiming at any of existing Fallout/Fallout 2 characters now.

Continuum said:
killap said:
It was completed. But the head will be re-done at some point (with a lot of improvements). Also, I don't have that FRMs - they went to hell. Re-rendering isn't an option too, since I deleted all anims.
Crap, link is down for the metzger head and I don't seem to have it in my archives. Does anyone have these animations?

The re-done pics look awesome, btw,, so I look forward to the final result!

Back