Fallout 2 Restoration Project Gameplay Thread

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by killap, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Tagaziel

Tagaziel Panzerkatze Staff Member Admin Orderite

Dec 10, 2003
    Oh. Time for the CharEdit.

I've always thought it was funny how there were only male party members in Fo2 (sans Miria) to choose from.

EDIT: Falche 2 crashes.

Err, is it possible for someone to adjust the values of my character and give me a save with 300 sneak and then another one with my old value, so that I can swap files and get Kitsune?

EDIT2: Here's the save, if anyone's interested.

2. Darek

Darek is currently unavailable

Jan 7, 2008
    @ Tagaziel,

Get F2se instead, it's much better than Falche and it works with the newer mods.

I find it strange that it hasn't been included in NMA's download section, but maybe there's reasons for that?

3. Tagaziel

Tagaziel Panzerkatze Staff Member Admin Orderite

Dec 10, 2003
    Did you submit the file?

Also, your babies. I want them. Sadly, I'm not female. ;)

4. Darek

Jan 7, 2008
    Nope, as I don't know the wishes of it's creator.

Also, "Furry Stalker"... Should I be afraid? :P

5. wastrelwink

wastrelwink First time out of the vault

Apr 15, 2010
    I'm having trouble navigating the EPA. I can only get to two maps right now, the top level and the water and power level, which I got to by attaching a rope to a elevator shaft. The water and power level gave me some floating text about fitting through an air vent, but there is nothing resembling an air vent. I checked the walkthrough, and saw this screenshot:

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/90Morticia/1.jpg

And it looks nothing like the level I am on, when I get that message. Also, on the top level there is only one area. The walkthrough says there should be another area, with a person to talk to, but I've explored the entire thing and it's all just ringed with cement walls, not a green exit hex in sight. Help?

6. Mr. Bazooka

Mr. Bazooka First time out of the vault

Apr 21, 2010
    Where's the doctor on the epa in RP 2.0?

7. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Antediluvian as Feck
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Removed as RP 2.0

8. Darek

Jan 7, 2008
    The walkthrough is for an older version of the RP. Disregard most of what it says about the EPA as it has been heavily redesigned.
    There is no green exit grid, no doctor, and the vent you're looking for is not the same.

[spoiler:b558c64923]
    You want to go through the middle fan, down below. But first you need to stop it from spinning. On the floor in a shed to the east of the top level, is something that may be of interest to you.
    [/spoiler:b558c64923]

9. wastrelwink

Apr 15, 2010
    Thanks so much. I honestly thought I was going crazy.

10. wastrelwink

Apr 15, 2010
    You guys were so helpful before, so I figure I'd ask again... trying to repair the computer in this screenshot:

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/90Morticia/3.jpg

I'm trying to fix computer (E) but it is unresponsive to any of my skills. Science, repair, nothing. None of the other things in the room either. Just "you do not have the skills to repair that."

My repair is at 68%, is that the problem?

11. carpediem99

carpediem99 First time out of the vault

Apr 2, 2010
    You need to get the quest first in order to repair it and by running the diagnostic check.

12. wastrelwink

Apr 15, 2010
    I have the quest, and I ran the diagnostic. The computer just displays an error when I interact with it now, won't respond to either science or repair.

I ran the diagnositc before I had the quest, could that have screwed things up?

13. Darek

Jan 7, 2008
    Did you get the latest patch, Update 2e (2.0.2e)?
    It fixes a problem with getting a message that your repair skill is too low, amongst other things. You need repair 76%, by the way.

14. Mr. Bazooka

Mr. Bazooka First time out of the vault

Apr 21, 2010
    Then how do i get the solar scorcher and the EPA quests?

15. Generic Dude 2.0

Generic Dude 2.0 First time out of the vault

Apr 19, 2010
    How to start shi submarine?

My speech skill is 200+, i easily induce Shi's guard to allow me to use motorboat, but when i arrive to sub and enter it, i can't start it. When i come back to the dock and try to use motorboat again, my char says it's too risky. Sub looks really cool. It's all rusty and stuff, but how the hell to make it sail?! Please, somebody, help.:) :D

16. carpediem99

Apr 2, 2010
    Re: How to start shi submarine?

You aren't supposed to use the sub to sail to enclave. You have to disable the torpedoes on the sub which is preventing you from sailing to enclave using the tanker.

17. Generic Dude 2.0

Generic Dude 2.0 First time out of the vault

Apr 19, 2010
    Re: How to start shi submarine?

Oh really? Thanks a lot. IDK why i thought it was possible to reach oil rig using sub. :(

18. Dravean

Dravean Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Mar 6, 2005
    From the holograms.

19. Psihotik

Psihotik It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 22, 2009
    I finally came to the blue level, and there seems to be a laser-protected grid, how do I pass it? Do I have to shoot all the wanamingos or what? (using RP 2.0.2e)

20. carpediem99

Apr 2, 2010
    You can use repair to disable it