Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2: Weapons Redone v2.3

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Magnus, May 8, 2008.

1. Zaius238

Zaius238 Art by Phoenix-Private

Jul 14, 2007
    I disagree with your suggestions, warrior. The mod would be less fun to me, if he did all the changes you described.
    The fact you're willing to pay, doesn't magically turn it into a perfect update. It doesn't mean all users of WR will appreaciate this hypothetical mod update.

I always thought it was fine that the game punished the player, if they made a bad choice.
    If you drastically reduce your intelligence to have high luck (in the character creation screen) and snipe your enemies, don't complain when you find out a lot of quests are locked due to your stupidity. If you don't want to miss certain quests, reduce another primary statistic, next time.

Most (true) cRPGs have you going back to the drawing board, until you finally succeed in creating your ideal build. Imo it would be ridiculous if every build was fabulously good in F1 - F2. It's a frigging computer game, not chess - let's be realistic here. One side can be more powerful than other.

2. Papa 2 Fresh

Papa 2 Fresh First time out of the vault

Apr 28, 2021
    When I run the installer It will keep showing the "looks like I need to unpack my mod zip files to the same folder as FO2 exe" message( and I did extract the files to the FO2 folder) so pls tell me what im doing wrong. I have the GOG version of the game with the RP already installed

3. Zaius238

Zaius238 Art by Phoenix-Private

Jul 14, 2007
    Dang.
    The only problem I had, was having to manually extract Worldmap.txt (strange how the WR allows you to use vanilla, but gives you an error like that, now that I think about it. Huh, who would've thought you'd need to use Dat explorer/Dat explorer 2 just to install the mod) from one of the Dat files, during the mod installation. Everything else went smoothly.
    My Fallout 2 is from Gog's store, as well.

I hope somebody here can help you, man.

EDIT: It's been a while since I did a playthrough with MIB's Megamod. Perhaps Magnus modification was integrated into it.
    Oh and one of the readme files said you can install WR manually. That's the end of your problems, right there.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  4. rSpec

rSpec First time out of the vault

Jan 11, 2019
    I had the same situation, so I followed all the manual installation steps, but now another problem: The mod doesn't appear to be doing anything. No changes in-game whatsoever. Is there something missing from the manual install instructions?

Edit: Oddly enough, putting a fresh RP Fallout 2 installation into C:\Fallout 2 now lets the installer work properly. Previously it was several folders deep in D:\. Not sure why this fixed it, but hey, worth a try.

Last edited: May 5, 2021
  5. MrFoster702

MrFoster702 First time out of the vault

May 22, 2021
    Hey, is there is way to only put the Mauser as a common weapon and let the .223 pistol be the exotic one without changing the entire way of the pistols and ammo?

6. Zorchar

Zorchar Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 18, 2018
    You can edit the proto files to switch between the two's stats, picture and description (leaving the proto # as it is). The other solution will be to edit (all of) the specific maps/trader scripts.

7. MrFoster702

MrFoster702 First time out of the vault

May 22, 2021
    But what program would I need to do that?

8. Zorchar

Zorchar Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 18, 2018
    First video in Quantum's thread should cover it. Or at least give you a direction if you plan to script.
    https://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/quantums-fallout-modding-how-to-videos.220015/

Check out the other videos as well, if necessary. Proto Manager, Sfall Editor and Fallout 2 Mapper are the programs relevant for you. Proto manager for the switching between stats solution (easy and quick) and the other two are for the latter solution (time consuming).