Fallout 25th Anniversary ask questions to Tim Cain, Leonard Boyarsky, and Jason Taylor

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin

For Fallout's 25th anniversary, the Fallout Wiki is organizing a community roundtable with some of the original Fallout designers: Tim Cain, Leonard Boyarsky, and Jason Taylor. If you ever wondered about elements of the original design, artwork, programming, or lore you can submit your questions by using this form. The deadline to submit questions is October 15.

Do we have any questions to these gentlemen?

I have one:

In Fallout 1 it says that the T-51b is "Made of the latest poly-laminate composite, the T-51b shell is lightweight and capable of absorbing over 2,500 Joules of kinetic impact. The 10 micron silver ablative coating can reflect laser and radiation emissions without damage to the composite subsurface."

So, it seems like Power Armor is not made of metal, is this true? What type of poly-laminate is it made of? Carbon fibres?

Yeah I wanna ask "Why don't you idiots make a new Fallout ripoff like Atom did?" but I know the answer will be "We make FPS games now" so bleh.

Yeah I wanna ask "Why don't you idiots make a new Fallout ripoff like Atom did?" but I know the answer will be "We make FPS games now" so bleh.
Even the Wasteland IP was resurrected due to the need for a turn-based post-apoc game back in the 2010's. And it seems successful even today.

I have one:

In Fallout 1 it says that the T-51b is "Made of the latest poly-laminate composite, the T-51b shell is lightweight and capable of absorbing over 2,500 Joules of kinetic impact. The 10 micron silver ablative coating can reflect laser and radiation emissions without damage to the composite subsurface."

So, it seems like Power Armor is not made of metal, is this true? What type of poly-laminate is it made of? Carbon fibres?
Good question! Did you submit it? Are the PA:s in the Bethesda games made of metal?

Good question! Did you submit it? Are the PA:s in the Bethesda games made of metal?
I didn't submit it. I couldn't come up with a good way of asking the question, I haven't had much sleep in the last month so my brain doesn't work for forming proper questions.

I have no idea what the PA in Bethesda games are made of. But they seem to be metal and I think there might be some PA in FO4 and maybe F76 that seem to have some rust, but it might be some dirt instead, for all I know.

Apparently it was shit.
Yeah I'm really fucking pissed off that they answered no questions from the google forms and only took questions from some discord channel they made. Tim Cain "confirmed" that China launched the first missile and that he wants to work on another Fallout game. I'll probably just Email them my questions anyway.

These guys are milking what is left of the fanbase very poorly. Glad I chose to opt out.

Back