Fallout 3 and DIMS

memetics

☢ Mysterious Stranger ☢
I used to be an avid Doom & Quake player until I developed simulation sickness (also known as DIMS); now I can't go 20 minutes playing Enter the Matrix or even just watching a friend playing Halo 2 without getting nauseous. (Sucks, I know.) So I'm wondering if anyone here has experienced DIMS playing Fallout 3, or knows someone who has, or if the way the game works makes the player less susceptible. (Does the view bob, for example, when you're moving, and if so, can you turn off that feature? Can FoV be changed? Can an isometric-like point of view be used?)

It's made it so I haven't even installed Fallout 3, even though I have a copy (I decided to get it early for the Vault Boy bobblehead and nifty lunchbox). Is there anything like an isometric view mode in F3, or are the only view choices first-person or behind-the-character?

Any advice (or pointing me to the threads I was unable to find via search) would be appreciated; thanks. :=)

m-

Play Fallout 1-2.
F3 has no isometry. Third Person camera sucks there.
Play less games. It's true for everyone.

I do play F1 & F2; just starting RP 2.12b now. I'm surprised nobody else gets simulation sickness playing Fallout 3 though. (Or maybe nobody's reading this forum. Ah, well.)

m-

So this is only in first person games.
Well, I feel fear of altitude when falling in games like in reality.

Fps games make me sick If I play them within two hours of eating for some reason, but with fallout 3 in third person it's worse than fallout 3 in first person.

Back