Fallout 3 & Oblivion Remasters

Remaster = Worthless cash-grab every single time

Remasters, remakes and reboots gotta be one of the shittiest wastes of time and money in all of human history ever since the Tulip Mania of 17th century. 99 out of 100 times the original material is fine and doesn't need retouching of any kind. People are just retarded and refuse to play decade old video games because muh graphics. If you took the labor and capital that gets flushed down the toilet in order to create these travesties, we could instead be spending it on making awesome new games that actually innovate and let us enjoy new things. Yet we keep getting shoveled bastardized crap because consumers refuse to stop being a bunch of faggots.

Fallout 3 is already a pretty shit game, so I doubt a remaster could make it any worse.

Fallout 3 is already a pretty shit game, so I doubt a remaster could make it any worse.
Don't underestimate them. They would find a way; probably more ways than just one.

I'd say that any FO3 remaster by them would be a FO4 re-skin at its core. Same with Oblivion being a re-skinned Skyrim .

Remaster seemingly just means it’s gonna be the same shit game with a new coat paint, most likely in their Fallout 4 style which will remove what I like most about Fallout 3, which was Adam Adamowicz’s style.

What would a remaster of these two even be about? Apart from like adding in the original shadow system into Oblivion, some godrays, upscaling some graphics what else is there to do? I suppose increase draw distance? They could just optimize the games better so that the draw distance isn't just a stonethrow away. Other than that? I dunno, maybe have steal a mod that reimagines all the NPC's to make them not look like potatoes in Oblivion? Slap on some mod store compatibility for the console versions just like Skyrim and Fallout 4 has.

Other than that I wouldn't expect too much.

Not Krome's Bard's Tale remasters. They outclassed InXile's BT4 with their BT1,2 & 3 remasters. I wish they would have done BT4 remaster in the style of their Unity BT1-3 games.
I haven't played original Bard's Tale nor the remasters so I can't say but yeah if the circumstances are correct then a remaster can be good. This is Bethesda we're talking about though. Headed by Microsoft who's definitely trying to justify their massive purchases. The likelihood of these remasters being good is extremely slim in my eyes.

The only thing that surprises me that has come out of this news, is the fact that not a lot of people noticed or even cared that there isn't oh I don't know, A NEW FALLOUT GAME PLANNED!? And I'm not talking about Fallout 5 that's something that's been confirmed awhile back, plus we won't be getting it for a long LONG time! I'm astonished that people are excited for a remaster of a soon to be 15 year old game, than a bat an eye of the fact that there's no new Fallout game scheduled at all to be developed & released in the near future.

And don't get me wrong, it's about dang time that they remastered it! But I'm also thinking that now's not the time for that, I want something NEW from the series, not a "graphic enhanced" version of an old game.

:roll: :?

The only thing that surprises me that has come out of this news, is the fact that not a lot of people noticed or even cared that there isn't oh I don't know, A NEW FALLOUT GAME PLANNED!? And I'm not talking about Fallout 5 that's something that's been confirmed awhile back, plus we won't be getting it for a long LONG time! I'm astonished that people are excited for a remaster of a soon to be 15 year old game, than a bat an eye of the fact that there's no new Fallout game scheduled at all to be developed & released in the near future.

And don't get me wrong, it's about dang time that they remastered it! But I'm also thinking that now's not the time for that, I want something NEW from the series, not a "graphic enhanced" version of an old game.

:roll: :?
There have been plenty of "leaks" and rumors regarding New Vegas 2, almost all of them apparently fake (the steamDB one is pretty solid though). Personally, I'm not too hyped for a new Fallout game unless it's made by a different studio than Bethesda and Obsidian, which is very unlikely to be honest.

There have been plenty of "leaks" and rumors regarding New Vegas 2, almost all of them apparently fake (the steamDB one is pretty solid though). Personally, I'm not too hyped for a new Fallout game unless it's made by a different studio than Bethesda and Obsidian, which is very unlikely to be honest.
Really? You consider Obsidian to be a bad candidate to make a new Fallout game? Now I know they're not like what they used to be a decade ago,(New Vegas) but I'd take them & InXile over Bethesda any day to do a new Fallout game, or even a remaster of the older Fallout games for that matter!

Really? You consider Obsidian to be a bad candidate to make a new Fallout game? Now I know they're not like what they used to be a decade ago,(New Vegas) but I'd take them & InXile over Bethesda any day to do a new Fallout game, or even a remaster of the older Fallout games for that matter!
After what they have done with The Outer Worlds? Yeah, 100%. I have ranted elsewhere plenty enough about how bad that game is, so I would prefer not to get into too much detail as I would be mostly just repeating myself. Suffice to say that I think pretty much everyone who was responsible for making FNV great has already left the company a long time ago. They are just budget Bethesda at this point, their only saving grace is the fact they don't have a literal Emil as a creative lead, so they seem less stupid in comparison, but they are still incredibly bad. I have also played through Wasteland 2 and Tides of Numenera and my expectations from inXile have been greatly diminished by the experience. After playing through much better recent RPGs like BG3 and CP2077, I honestly believe that there are a plethora of studios out there that could do a much better job of honoring Fallout than these 3.

It took TES 15 years (or more) between Skyrim and TES6 so I'm not surprised at all that we're not seeing the announcement of a new Fallout game.

Fallout 3 Remastered is going to be a soulless cashgrab where they do the bare minimum and slap on console mods.

Obsidian has lost too much talent and their studio has changed too much to be able to bring us a FNV 2.

We all know that so well it is not worth posting. Hardly anything is.

A fallout 3 remaster doesn't sound that bad if they actually add the shit that was half complete but they had to cut out last moment because they wanted to reshuffle the entire map a year before release:
Stuff like the cut DC cells could at least make the game better for exploration even if it doesn't fix the lack of RPG systems

That's far more work than Bethesda is willing to do, specially for a remaster. I mean, their remasters are some of the laziest in the gaming industry because they hardly do anything (if anything they always bring back bugs that previous versions had fixed).

True, but I think Microsoft will start kicking Bethesda a little more since Starfield was a pretty big meh launch after being bought by billions of dollars.
Considering they have the Fallout TV series coming out Microsoft is going to want the Fallout 3 remaster and the Fallout 4 Next Gen Update mostly well received to recoup some money.

True, but I think Microsoft will start kicking Bethesda a little more since Starfield was a pretty big meh launch after being bought by billions of dollars.
Considering they have the Fallout TV series coming out Microsoft is going to want the Fallout 3 remaster and the Fallout 4 Next Gen Update mostly well received to recoup some money.
Yay, MORE REHASHING OLD FALLOUT GAMES INSTEAD OF MAKING NEW ONES! WOOHOO!!!

:clap: :-D

Seriously, that's just flipping stupid, why can't they just make something new instead of going through the nostalgic cookie jar to make good stonks?

:roll:

Seriously, that's just flipping stupid, why can't they just make something new instead of going through the nostalgic cookie jar to make good stonks?
Because when they make something new these days it's worse than their old stuff... Look at Starfield, a totally new game but a lot of players say that it's worse than Bethesda's previous games.

Many players are pretty disappointed with Bethesda's Starfield (it has a rating of 5.6 on Metacritic for PC and 6.9 for XBox). Now imagine a Fallout game that is even worse than FO4...

Last edited:
Back